Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to the X today?

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2012, 11:58 AM
archtaan
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Jon is too busy re-engineering two complete trucks!

Old 01-09-2012, 12:20 PM
labman1014
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got all my tools together. Thurs Im putting on my new v codes and f350 blocks. Lil ticked at jc Whitney. Order rear sway bar on the 31st and it still hasn't shipped.

Old 01-09-2012, 12:26 PM
Sunline Fan
Excursion Fleet Manager
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I guess I can't throw in the 3-Ex card as an excuse??? I mean, that doesn't even count in the F-450 either, which I'm the one who almost always washes it too.

I was just out in the garage unloading a bunch of parts I brought home yesterday. Don't want to drive around with them. I put the key in, went to start it, theft light was flashing a lot, and it wouldn't start. I turned the key off, took it out, put it back in, went to start again, and all seemed normal.

Hope this isn't an issue when I'm a half hour away in a couple hours.

Old 01-09-2012, 01:27 PM
Toreador_Diesel
Retired Mod
Received 319 Likes on 166 Posts
Took the X on an impromptu roadtrip to San Antonio for vinny_mastrodomenico's surprise birthday party and had an impromptu tech day with TXtinct and LSATexan4x4 before the party/game.

We wired up TXtinct's tow mirrors and ran the AE on LSAtexan4x4's truck. (still a work in progress)

Saw a few X's on the road but, ran into an '05 V10 that insisted on seeing what my X was made of. Caught up to her at Buccee's (wasn't in the mood to drag since the State Troopers are like roaches on that road)
Name:  IMG_3158.jpg
Views: 137
Size:  108.6 KB

On the way back, I stopped and picked something new up for the X; but a 1/4 before home she rolled over 330K:
Name:  IMG_3178.jpg
Views: 125
Size:  176.4 KB

Ran an errand at lunch today and parked next to the X's twin, but with 4wd. She used to look just like that before I modded her to all hell:
Name:  IMG_3181.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  117.4 KB

Old 01-09-2012, 01:40 PM
BassFantasizer
Hotshot
Received 4,766 Likes on 2,654 Posts
I drove the F150 to work today instead of the Ex. As fate would have it, there was a Hummer H3 pickup in the parking lot. My first thought was that that was the first one of them I'd ever seen, followed closely by "I needed to park the Ex next to the H3 and get a picture of this. Oh, wait. The Ex is at home. sigh....."

Old 01-09-2012, 03:04 PM
robert_l_ross
Cargo Master
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by labman1014
Got all my tools together. Thurs Im putting on my new v codes and f350 blocks. Lil ticked at jc Whitney. Order rear sway bar on the 31st and it still hasn't shipped.
I'm getting ready to do the V code and Modded B code...can you post pics in a thread of your V code/Block project?

Old 01-09-2012, 04:52 PM
ComputerCowboy
Posting Guru
Thumbs up

Ordered a Spectre Performance 9921 Air Intake Kit. Took a chance on Spectre, the picture looks decent enough and the price was good.

I found a bunch of reviews on JCWhitney (but ordered from Amazon)

The reviews were mixed, seems like the Chevy people were complaining about fitment issues. I am not going to be installing it myself... so I don't really have to worry about messing with making it fit correctly.

I also made a molex wiring harness for the used subwoofer amp I bought and dropped by my friend's shop to discuss placement and mounting of the amp and subs. It seems like a pretty great fit. I am going to strap the sub box down to the mount points for the third row seat that I took out.

Old 01-09-2012, 04:56 PM
robert_l_ross
Cargo Master
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by ComputerCowboy
I also made a molex wiring harness for the used subwoofer amp I bought and dropped by my friend's shop to discuss placement and mounting of the amp and subs. It seems like a pretty great fit. I am going to strap the sub box down to the mount points for the third row seat that I took out.
Pics of the harness!

Old 01-09-2012, 05:07 PM
ComputerCowboy
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by robert_l_ross
Pics of the harness!
It is in my truck at the shop in the next town over, I need to remember to take pictures. When I have this thing done and on the road in a few weeks I will be posting lots of pictures.

The harness is simple though. The story is that I bought a Sony amp and two Sony 12" subs with an enclosure at this local flea market called the "Bargain Basement" for $150. I know Sony doesn't make the best amps or subs, but I am not trying to win any competitions and the price was right. So anyway the Amp came with no wires or manual, I downloaded the PDF on the Sony support site and realized that the high level input for the amp, which I have to use to hook into the stock sound system, is basically a small molex connector like the ones found on any old ATX power supply. Thing is that it is just 4 pins and the ATX connector is 20 pins. So I began cutting away at the connector with an exacto blade and some wire clippers until I had the perfect fit. If I had a dremmel it would have been way faster. LOL I am a software guy not a hardware guy, I understand pinouts and such, but I leave most of the actual work to those with experience.

Old 01-09-2012, 09:08 PM
lovestrucks
Elder User
Originally Posted by Houston Cowgirl
To stay on topic - I've found a bunch of the HD headlights on-line - they aren't compatible with my '05.
What I got for my 05 X Amazon.com: Super Duty/Excursion Black Housing Headlights Headlamps Driver/Passenger Pair...: Automotive

Old 01-09-2012, 09:12 PM
wpnaes
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 955 Likes on 690 Posts
Originally Posted by Toreador_Diesel

before I modded her to all hell:
Check that, modded to HEAVEN.

Old 01-09-2012, 09:25 PM
BigLouEx
Junior User
Originally Posted by Toreador_Diesel
Took the X on an impromptu roadtrip to San Antonio for vinny_mastrodomenico's surprise birthday party and had an impromptu tech day with TXtinct and LSATexan4x4 before the party/game.

We wired up TXtinct's tow mirrors and ran the AE on LSAtexan4x4's truck. (still a work in progress)

Saw a few X's on the road but, ran into an '05 V10 that insisted on seeing what my X was made of. Caught up to her at Buccee's (wasn't in the mood to drag since the State Troopers are like roaches on that road)

On the way back, I stopped and picked something new up for the X; but a 1/4 before home she rolled over 330K:

Ran an errand at lunch today and parked next to the X's twin, but with 4wd. She used to look just like that before I modded her to all hell:
Always like seeing pics of our Ex. Really like what two rattle cans of toreador red did for my grille. You should consider it.

Old 01-09-2012, 09:29 PM
labman1014
Elder User
Originally Posted by robert_l_ross
I'm getting ready to do the V code and Modded B code...can you post pics in a thread of your V code/Block project?
As long as the weather isn't threatening I will take plenty of pics.

Old 01-09-2012, 09:41 PM
archtaan
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by LivingLarge
Yes, buffer wheel is used...I think Pricing may have a lot to do with the condition of paint. I normally clay twice per year and wax every month, sun down here is brutal.
So, do tell. How did the detailing come out.

Old 01-09-2012, 09:47 PM
LivingLarge
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by archtaan
So, do tell. How did the detailing come out.
I will post a pic tomorrow, it looks great! May have to break out my "Not For Sale" sign.

Quick Reply: What did you do to the X today?