FTE Legend
Received 5,368 Likes on 1,732 Posts
Robert, great antenna mounting job, well done, Gig

Old 01-11-2012, 08:18 PM
robert_l_ross
Cargo Master
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by jasonodsky
Robert, That is the best and most simple description I have heard. Thanks for the explanation.

Congrats on having the nuts to put a hole in your roof! That's always a gut wrencher.
Thanks...the Sgt. that taught our SINCGARRS class gave me that description and it seemed to make the most sense to me.

Old 01-11-2012, 09:01 PM
Houston Cowgirl
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whew! Cleaned up the Ex and the coupe today

You guys put me to shame yesterday with all those clean Exes so I had to get out there today and do mine. Did the coupe too. So a good deal of detailing. First I've really done since my accident. I didn't do an excellent job on both. I was limited on time. I'm going to take some pics of them together tomorrow in the morning sun. I ran out of daylight this evening. I"ll get some inside pics as well. Don't you love a clean black truck?

Name:  IMG_4478.jpg
Views: 297
Size:  26.7 KB
Name:  IMG_4474.jpg
Views: 240
Size:  43.5 KB
Name:  IMG_4471.jpg
Views: 224
Size:  42.6 KB
Name:  IMG_4470.jpg
Views: 209
Size:  47.9 KB
Name:  IMG_4469.jpg
Views: 237
Size:  40.4 KB
Name:  IMG_4468.jpg
Views: 286
Size:  44.7 KB

Name:  IMG_4465.jpg
Views: 219
Size:  41.9 KB
Name:  IMG_4464.jpg
Views: 212
Size:  39.0 KB

I can't wait to get that grille and headlights in and installed. It's going to change the look of the truck totally.

AND, the coupe - she and I are going on a short road trip tomorrow.
Name:  IMG_4461.jpg
Views: 220
Size:  54.1 KB
Name:  IMG_4462.jpg
Views: 211
Size:  55.3 KB
Name:  IMG_4456.jpg
Views: 240
Size:  69.6 KB

Old 01-11-2012, 09:47 PM
SG1NUT
Mountain Pass
Received 19 Likes on 6 Posts
I towed a BMW X5 to Farmington Hills after it shredded a driveshaft:

Old 01-11-2012, 09:55 PM
white Buffalo
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by robert_l_ross
Thanks...the Sgt. that taught our SINCGARRS class gave me that description and it seemed to make the most sense to me.

Wait a minute -

So when did California Emergency Medical Services start needing to use frequency hopping secure/encrypted radios?

Old 01-11-2012, 10:40 PM
robert_l_ross
Cargo Master
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by white Buffalo
Wait a minute -

So when did California Emergency Medical Services start needing to use frequency hopping secure/encrypted radios?
LMAO...they don't, but the 82nd sure did!

Old 01-11-2012, 11:19 PM
hardRESET
Why yes, it is that big..

Talking How f*king precious is that???

Originally Posted by TXtinct
Rolled 1,000 posts with this one right here...
Awww, they are so cute at that age...

And by the way, I am not paying for all those posts young man!!!

Old 01-12-2012, 12:51 AM
Az2008f350psd
New User
Pulled my first trailer with her.........she did well

Old 01-12-2012, 07:30 AM
Snowseeker
Hotshot
Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by Houston Cowgirl
You guys put me to shame yesterday with all those clean Exes so I had to get out there today and do mine. Did the coupe too. So a good deal of detailing. First I've really done since my accident. I didn't do an excellent job on both. I was limited on time. I'm going to take some pics of them together tomorrow in the morning sun. I ran out of daylight this evening. I"ll get some inside pics as well. Don't you love a clean black truck?

Get some 'back to black' trim dressing/rejuvenatory for those emblems, trim, and tires to blacken them back up. Looks great all cleaned up!

How do you like the epoxy floor? I've wanted to do that for years now but I get mixed responses on how it holds up and performs.

Want to sell those stock headlights and possibly grill when you instal your new ones?

Old 01-12-2012, 07:41 AM
Toreador_Diesel
Retired Mod
Received 327 Likes on 173 Posts
Houston Cowgirl, you just reminded me of the one thing I keep forgetting to do: order some more Zaino for the X

Reps to you for one of the most well cared for Black Excursions I've seen!

Btw, love the tags: "His MoNeY"

Old 01-12-2012, 08:31 AM
Houston Cowgirl
Senior User
Originally Posted by Snowseeker
Get some 'back to black' trim dressing/rejuvenatory for those emblems, trim, and tires to blacken them back up. Looks great all cleaned up!

How do you like the epoxy floor? I've wanted to do that for years now but I get mixed responses on how it holds up and performs.

Want to sell those stock headlights and possibly grill when you instal your new ones?
I'll have to look for that. I'm using up some of the stuff I've had for a while.

Floor is holding up fine so far. It's only a little over a year old. My ramps have beat it up pretty bad where the lift is. Other than that it's ok. I would've loved to put down some race deck but that stuff is high dollar. Maybe later.

Yep - more than interested if you want them.

Originally Posted by Toreador_Diesel
Houston Cowgirl, you just reminded me of the one thing I keep forgetting to do: order some more Zaino for the X

Reps to you for one of the most well cared for Black Excursions I've seen!
Ahhh. Zaino. That's what I've always used but my detail guy hates it. Not sure why. Everyone has their own opinion I guess.

I used some stuff on the black pieces that I got in error from a company. It works ok but not great. My poor truck sat with no love for several years. Rain, sprinkler water mist, etc. It has paint issues up close. Water spots that even when I had it professionally detailed, he got out most but some remain. It is weathered.

AND, I need to look but I think those are the original tires. I really don't remember replacing them. GEEZ. I'm on my third set on the coupe.

I'll see you guys next Saturday if my grille comes in. Think if the headlights are in those would be a problem?

Old 01-12-2012, 09:27 AM
Toreador_Diesel
Retired Mod
Received 327 Likes on 173 Posts
Originally Posted by Houston Cowgirl
Ahhh. Zaino. That's what I've always used but my detail guy hates it. Not sure why. Everyone has their own opinion I guess.

I used some stuff on the black pieces that I got in error from a company. It works ok but not great. My poor truck sat with no love for several years. Rain, sprinkler water mist, etc. It has paint issues up close. Water spots that even when I had it professionally detailed, he got out most but some remain. It is weathered.

AND, I need to look but I think those are the original tires. I really don't remember replacing them. GEEZ. I'm on my third set on the coupe.

I'll see you guys next Saturday if my grille comes in. Think if the headlights are in those would be a problem?
Shouldn't pose a problem, they should bolt right into your setup

Everyone has their opinion about Zaino, but I've used Meguiars and whatever else out there, but Zaino is the easiest on and off, with THE BEST shine.

As far as your tires, I'm almost positive that they're the originals since they're BFG Rugged Tails. 9 times out of 10 people usually replace them with either the Michelin LTX M/S or BFG All-terrains. Don't be alarmed though, jdadmsjr has a 2005 and got about 100K out of his before he went with the LTX M/S. Just keep them properly inflated, rotated, and inspect them for wear.

Old 01-12-2012, 09:36 AM
Sunline Fan
Excursion Fleet Manager
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Toreador_Diesel
Shouldn't pose a problem, they should bolt right into your setup

Everyone has their opinion about Zaino, but I've used Meguiars and whatever else out there, but Zaino is the easiest on and off, with THE BEST shine.

As far as your tires, I'm almost positive that they're the originals since they're BFG Rugged Tails. 9 times out of 10 people usually replace them with either the Michelin LTX M/S or BFG All-terrains. Don't be alarmed though, jdadmsjr has a 2005 and got about 100K out of his before he went with the LTX M/S. Just keep them properly inflated, rotated, and inspect them for wear.
Ditto. Got almost 58k on the factory ones on my '05 and they still have lots of life yet. Probably half the tread depth. I'm not too worried about them yet as they have been garaged and out of the sun most of the time, but they are getting a little old now. I'd get them again if the Michelins weren't so quiet.

Old 01-12-2012, 10:49 AM
jasonodsky
Fleet Mechanic
Received 154 Likes on 78 Posts
Loaded the tabogan on the roof rack and the sleds and shovels in the back in anticipation of some real snow finally arriving. Also made sure I had my tow straps handy and that 4X4 was working well. With the predition of icing before the snow settles on top, I might have some fun pulling out a few cars today!

Old 01-12-2012, 12:55 PM
LivingLarge
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Lisa, great looking Ex!

Quick Reply: What did you do to the X today?