1967 - 1972 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Bumpsides Ford Truck

Windshield Chrome Installation?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2016, 09:53 AM
bajafishnut
Cargo Master
Received 43 Likes on 25 Posts
Sad story amigo. Seems that DC has gone to China, and the 12 year old making them, has a short attention span. QA/QC in China is sub par on most items. I've learned not to ever buy bearings made in China....Never, ever again ! I have taken to carrying a nice pair of Vernier Calipers with me, when going to the Auto parts store. Very few items match up exactly with the originals. It is like Monica Lewinsky said about Bill's proficiency, "Close, but no cigar"...

Baja

Old 02-15-2016, 10:53 AM
orich
Lead Driver
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Russ Should, I stop here now with these poor fiting DC wind wing vent seals being smaller fit then the 40+ yr old ones , I removed. I have touched up the white painted old color of my truck some but look at the gap long seal edges.

DC Makes new vent wing assembly f Bronco's that look good
but non for the dents or bumps. don't know why not as these are a pain in the *** to replace ant way.
I put these in while putting in the LMC anti rattle strips
Orich

Old 02-15-2016, 03:29 PM
bajafishnut
Cargo Master
I would step back, and ponder it some before proceeding. Weigh all the alternatives, and if it is not raining, and the truck lives outside, I would explore alternative choices before digging into it again. It is not that bad, and someone must make a better rubber.. Try calling LMC, and ask one of the technical help, to go find one of their kits, and ask him to put a calipers on the width of their rubber.. I'd explain the problem and send him those photos of DC's rubber.. Maybe, just maybe, Jeffro can find some somewhere, that are still in new/old stock... ?? Both he and ND have helped me find obsolete stuff, that a dealer still had... I am wondering now, as the gears are turning slowly in my brain, if anybody has access to some newer stock parts from those trucks made in Brazil ?? If Ford still made 'Bumps' there until '93 or so, perhaps they have a ***** load of them, bran new??

You have time amigo, and if it rains.. a narrow strip of black duct tape will temp fix it until the rain stops...

Baja

Old 02-15-2016, 05:19 PM
Uni Moe
Laughing Gas
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
clarify

I plan to save this thread for my eventual windshield/ss trim install (if my truck ever gets out of paint shop purgatory!). I read that you put the whole assembly in place with the rope coming out at the top center. Can I assume that when you put the whole assembly in place you are putting the bottom right in place over the pinch weld? then work your way across the tops and down the sides?

Also when I removed my old glass there was sealant all around from the old install that I cleaned out. If I did want sealant on the new install how the heck would that process work?

Old 02-16-2016, 12:54 AM
GaryKip
Logistics Pro
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Stock Extruded Rubber Seals, Automotive Hose, Springs, Gaskets & Trim | Clean Seal, Inc. is #1 makes all kinds of rubber seals. Just a thought, they may have a better fit.

Old 02-16-2016, 12:16 PM
bajafishnut
Cargo Master
Muchos Gracias Amigo Gary,
That is a connection well worth saving, thanks for sharing. I love this forum.

Baja

ps; I just ordered their catalog... thanks..

Old 02-18-2016, 12:53 AM
JEFFFAFA
Hotshot
Received 169 Likes on 149 Posts
Originally Posted by bajafishnut
I would step back, and ponder it some before proceeding. Weigh all the alternatives, and if it is not raining, and the truck lives outside, I would explore alternative choices before digging into it again. It is not that bad, and someone must make a better rubber.. Try calling LMC, and ask one of the technical help, to go find one of their kits, and ask him to put a calipers on the width of their rubber.. I'd explain the problem and send him those photos of DC's rubber.. Maybe, just maybe, Jeffro can find some somewhere, that are still in new/old stock... ?? Both he and ND have helped me find obsolete stuff, that a dealer still had... I am wondering now, as the gears are turning slowly in my brain, if anybody has access to some newer stock parts from those trucks made in Brazil ?? If Ford still made 'Bumps' there until '93 or so, perhaps they have a ***** load of them, bran new??

You have time amigo, and if it rains.. a narrow strip of black duct tape will temp fix it until the rain stops...

Baja
The wing window rubbers were C7TZ8121448A r/s and C7TZ8121449A l/s. Green sales shows tons of both so that worries me that they are really NOS. Ask and make sure.

Green Sales

(800) 543-4959

Old 02-18-2016, 12:55 AM
JEFFFAFA
Hotshot
C7TZ8121448A :

Premium Listings

Recently Updated<table class="static info_table"><tbody><tr><td class="label">Part Number:</td><td>C7TZ8121448A</td><td>
</td><td class="label">Seller:</td><td>NOS Parts Ltd. - View Profile</td></tr><tr class="even"><td class="label">Description:</td><td>WEATHERSTRIP-FRONT DOOR VENT WINDOW FRONT RH</td><td>
</td><td class="label">Phone:</td><td id="phone_primary666801">(972) 937-2201
Tell them you found it on RearCounter.com</td></tr><tr><td class="label">Price:</td><td>Request Pricing</td><td>
</td><td class="label">Email:</td><td>Send Seller Email Inquiry</td></tr><tr class="even"><td class="label">Quantity:</td><td>1</td><td>
</td><td class="label">Location:</td><td>Waxahachie, Texas Map & </td></tr></tbody></table>

<table class="static info_table"><tbody><tr><td class="label">Part Number:</td><td>C7TZ-8121448-A</td><td>
</td><td class="label">Seller:</td><td>Miller Obsolete Parts - View Profile</td></tr><tr class="even"><td class="label">Description:</td><td>VENT WINDOW WEATHERSTRIP</td><td>
</td><td class="label">Phone:</td><td id="phone_primary174049">(607) 722-5371
Tell them you found it on RearCounter.com</td></tr><tr><td class="label">Price:</td><td>Request Pricing</td><td>
</td><td class="label">Email:</td><td>Send Seller Email Inquiry</td></tr><tr class="even"><td class="label">Quantity:</td><td>1</td><td>
</td><td class="label">Location:</td><td>Binghamton, New York Map & Directions</td></tr><tr><td colspan="5" style="text-align:right; padding-top:5px; padding-bottom:5px">

</td></tr></tbody></table><table class="static info_table"><tbody><tr class="even"><td class="label">Part Number:</td><td>C7TZ-8121448-A</td><td>
</td><td class="label">Seller:</td><td>Wesley Obsolete Parts - View Profile</td></tr><tr><td class="label">Description:</td><td>
</td><td>
</td><td class="label">Phone:</td><td id="phone_primary492757">(606) 787-5293
Tell them you found it on RearCounter.com</td></tr><tr class="even"><td class="label">Price:</td><td>Request Pricing</td><td>
</td><td class="label">Email:</td><td>Send Seller Email Inquiry</td></tr><tr><td class="label">Quantity:</td><td>1</td><td>
</td><td class="label">Location:</td><td>Liberty, Kentucky Map & Direction</td></tr></tbody></table>

Old 02-18-2016, 12:56 AM
JEFFFAFA
Hotshot
C7TZ8121449A:

<table class="static info_table"><tbody><tr><td class="label">Part Number:</td><td>C7TZ8121449A</td><td>
</td><td class="label">Seller:</td><td>NOS Parts Ltd. - View Profile</td></tr><tr class="even"><td class="label">Description:</td><td>WEATHERSTRIP-FRONT DOOR VENT WINDOW FRONT LH</td><td>
</td><td class="label">Phone:</td><td id="phone_primary666801">Show Phone Number</td></tr><tr><td class="label">Price:</td><td>Request Pricing</td><td>
</td><td class="label">Location:</td><td>Waxahachie, Texas Map & </td></tr></tbody></table>