1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

08 superduty automatic door locks

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2009, 08:09 PM
benmoderow
Tuned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
08 superduty automatic door locks

Anyone know a way to bipass or disable the automatic door locks on an 08 superduty. I love the truck but this is the dumbest and most annoying thing about the truck. The doors lock when you put the truck in drive (like someone is going to try to break in while you're driving down the highway!), but when you put the truck in park they do not unlock. So it never fails, I get out of the truck and go around to the passenger side to get something and the fricken doors locked! So I have to go back around, unlock the doors, and then go back to get what I needed. I would think you could pull a fuse but there is probably ten other things connected to that fuse. Thanks for any responses.

Old 10-31-2009, 08:19 PM
schmidt64
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
On my 05 it can be disabled in the menu on the instrument cluster

Old 11-01-2009, 01:06 AM
bayou barataria
Posting Guru

Read your owners manual, sometimes there are ways to disable functions.

Old 11-01-2009, 05:19 AM
sdetweil
Hotshot

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by benmoderow
Anyone know a way to bipass or disable the automatic door locks on an 08 superduty. I love the truck but this is the dumbest and most annoying thing about the truck. The doors lock when you put the truck in drive (like someone is going to try to break in while you're driving down the highway!), but when you put the truck in park they do not unlock. So it never fails, I get out of the truck and go around to the passenger side to get something and the fricken doors locked! So I have to go back around, unlock the doors, and then go back to get what I needed. I would think you could pull a fuse but there is probably ten other things connected to that fuse. Thanks for any responses.
or program the auto unlock .. its key OFF and drivers door open to unlock..
not park or key out.. Page 149 of the owners manual

The autounlock feature will unlock all the doors when:
• the ignition is in the 3 (ON) position, all the doors are closed, and the
vehicle has been in motion at a speed greater than 12 mph (20 km/h);
• the vehicle has then come to a stop and the ignition is turned to the 1
(OFF/LOCK) or 2 (ACC) position; and
• the driver door is opened within 10 minutes of the ignition being
transitioned to the 1 (OFF/LOCK) or 2 (ACC) position.

my 06 F150 had the autolock like u describe.. with no unlock without an alarm system.. hated it..
Sam

Old 11-01-2009, 07:44 AM
senix
Super Moderator
Received 1,415 Likes on 1,010 Posts
I was able to program my 08 so that the doors don't lock anymore. It is in the manual. I also got rid of the alarm for the seat belts too!

So it is covered in the manual.

Old 11-01-2009, 10:15 AM
System
Prolocutor
Received 1,194 Likes on 573 Posts
Auto lock and auto unlock can both be disabled. Procedure in the manual. Disabling one does not disable the other so you will have to do the procedure for both.

Old 11-01-2009, 10:46 AM
ehchvac
Senior User
I am going to assume that they auto lock as a safety feature and dont auto unlock when you stop and park for the same reason.
Lets assume that there is a certain group of people who would love to know that the minute a ford truck gets put it park you can walk up and open the doors.
Say you are a women in a dark parking garage and one of these people that know the ford truck auto opens lock feature, they wait for you to pull up, rip open the door punch you in the side of the head and then do whatever they want to you, your wife/girlfriend, kids, parents, etc.
Even with the lock feature being as annoying as it is "and it is a pain to deal with" I'm pretty happy knowing someone who is completely unaware of whats happening around them "like my wife" doesnt have doors that auto unlock.

Old 11-01-2009, 10:53 AM
System
Prolocutor
Originally Posted by ehchvac
I am going to assume that they auto lock as a safety feature and dont auto unlock when you stop and park for the same reason.
Lets assume that there is a certain group of people who would love to know that the minute a ford truck gets put it park you can walk up and open the doors.
Say you are a women in a dark parking garage and one of these people that know the ford truck auto opens lock feature, they wait for you to pull up, rip open the door punch you in the side of the head and then do whatever they want to you, your wife/girlfriend, kids, parents, etc.
Even with the lock feature being as annoying as it is "and it is a pain to deal with" I'm pretty happy knowing someone who is completely unaware of whats happening around them "like my wife" doesnt have doors that auto unlock.
LOL, I'd like to see that group mess with my bride. An ex army girl who still has a pretty decent aim. The only time her car is locked or potentially unsafe is when she is no where near it...

Old 11-01-2009, 02:47 PM
bayou barataria
Posting Guru

Do they let you have firearms in your vehicle up there in ct.?

Old 11-01-2009, 03:23 PM
System
Prolocutor
I'm in MA now and you bet. Not left alone in the vehicle, but on your person is just fine.

Old 11-07-2009, 03:02 PM
bayou barataria
Posting Guru

Just pulled the book and you need a permit to posess fire arms of any kind in ma, and carry in a vehicle is prohibited without a carry permit [issued on a highly discretionary basis] and ma mandates a minimum of 1 yr. in prison for violation of this and other firearm offenses. Possesion of any firearm or ammo. requires a firearm identifiction card. You can thank ted kennedy for these draconian laws. Don't mean to hijack the thread but this is important info, hate to see you get in a bind. Hide them well if you carry.

Old 11-07-2009, 04:20 PM
System
Prolocutor
Originally Posted by bayou barataria
Just pulled the book and you need a permit to posess fire arms of any kind in ma, and carry in a vehicle is prohibited without a carry permit [issued on a highly discretionary basis] and ma mandates a minimum of 1 yr. in prison for violation of this and other firearm offenses. Possesion of any firearm or ammo. requires a firearm identifiction card. You can thank ted kennedy for these draconian laws. Don't mean to hijack the thread but this is important info, hate to see you get in a bind. Hide them well if you carry.

No bind at all. You can't even own a handgun in MA without a concealed carry permit so I would think it is pretty obvious that I and my wife have them. Class A unrestricted. It is not highly discretionary. Anyone who has a clean record must be issued a permit unless you are in one of a very few difficult cities like Boston. In those towns you are generally issues a restricted permit which is target and hunting only. And that mandatory minimum law in all its years of existence has never been enforced. Not even once. That's why new laws are silly when they don't bother to enforce the ones that are already on the books! I could go on and on with all the ins and outs on gun laws in the peoples republic of MA, but it may give you a headache. Thanks for the concern though, but we've got it covered...

Old 11-07-2009, 04:45 PM
benmoderow
Tuned
Thanks for the response, I never thought to look in the manual! It's kind of like when you're putting something together, you never read the instructions just look at the pictures!

Old 03-11-2010, 06:18 AM
Ironhrse44
New User
Yeah ditto thanks from me. Will ck the book and get this stupid feature disabled.