Notices
Modular V10 (6.8l)  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

99 2V Dyno'd

Old 02-22-2009, 04:33 PM
fordmdb
PREMIUM SPONSOR
fordmdb has a great reputation on FTE.fordmdb has a great reputation on FTE.fordmdb has a great reputation on FTE.fordmdb has a great reputation on FTE.fordmdb has a great reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by dzdiggin'dude View Post
Does your tuners do any diagnostics, also are they programed for my specific eng., tranny, gearing, tires, and other mods?

Hi dzdiggin dude
The X3 also acts as a DTC reader. We custom tune to your application and truck. Tranny, gearing, tires.. no problems.

Mike

https://www.facebook.com/pages/5-Sta...92086367552400
Old 02-22-2009, 04:36 PM
fordmdb
PREMIUM SPONSOR
fordmdb has a great reputation on FTE.fordmdb has a great reputation on FTE.fordmdb has a great reputation on FTE.fordmdb has a great reputation on FTE.fordmdb has a great reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by SID297 View Post
Any plans for a PI swap? It would be interesting to see that difference.
Hey SID297
We might do a PI swap this summer. Along with some other stuff..

Mike

Old 02-22-2009, 04:39 PM
fordmdb
PREMIUM SPONSOR
Originally Posted by Krewat View Post
Nice work Mike

Keep the info coming.

The hell with it, this is now a STICKY.

Thank you SIR....!!! We appreciate it!!!!!

Old 02-23-2009, 06:39 AM
Fordsflylow
Postmaster
Fordsflylow has a great reputation on FTE.Fordsflylow has a great reputation on FTE.Fordsflylow has a great reputation on FTE.Fordsflylow has a great reputation on FTE.Fordsflylow has a great reputation on FTE.Fordsflylow has a great reputation on FTE.
What does Ford list as hp for the 99's 2-valver? I thought it was around 225 hp.

Old 02-23-2009, 08:39 AM
Johnny Langton
Postmaster
Johnny Langton has a great reputation on FTE.Johnny Langton has a great reputation on FTE.Johnny Langton has a great reputation on FTE.Johnny Langton has a great reputation on FTE.Johnny Langton has a great reputation on FTE.Johnny Langton has a great reputation on FTE.
It's nice to see somebody show exactly what I've been saying. These trucks DO have a hideous tune on the PCM from the factory,and CAN benefit from a proper tune,and WILL gain power even with 87 octane. From looking at your A/F trace-you can see the lag time from enrichment making power to the wideband actually seeing the air fuel change in the exhaust. I'll bet there was a fair amount of spark knock causing that stock dyno trace to be so wobbly...the PCM was probably pulling timing during the pull from the knock sensor input.
JL

Old 02-23-2009, 10:03 AM
Krewat
Super Moderator
Krewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by fordmdb View Post
Second graph shows how a stock tune does not use power enrichment during WOT.
I was thinking about this at around 3AM laying in bed not getting any sleep

If it WERE to enrich at WOT, what would that do to the catalytic converter when pulling heavy loads for extended periods of time at WOT?

Wouldn't that be a reason NOT to enrich at WOT?

Old 02-23-2009, 11:12 AM
Johnny Langton
Postmaster
Johnny Langton has a great reputation on FTE.Johnny Langton has a great reputation on FTE.Johnny Langton has a great reputation on FTE.Johnny Langton has a great reputation on FTE.Johnny Langton has a great reputation on FTE.Johnny Langton has a great reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by Krewat View Post
I was thinking about this at around 3AM laying in bed not getting any sleep

If it WERE to enrich at WOT, what would that do to the catalytic converter when pulling heavy loads for extended periods of time at WOT?

Wouldn't that be a reason NOT to enrich at WOT?
Ford actually DOES enrich the fuel mixture when the PCM goes into "catalyst overtemp mode" and the commanded air/fuel is around 10.2:1. This is a short-term dump of fuel to cool the catalysts after a long time at high load and stoich air/fuel ratios. The catalyst will operate at a MUCH cooler temperature when the fuel ratio is less than or higher than stoich 14.64:1.
JL

Old 02-23-2009, 11:35 AM
fordmdb
PREMIUM SPONSOR
Originally Posted by Johnny Langton View Post
Ford actually DOES enrich the fuel mixture when the PCM goes into "catalyst overtemp mode" and the commanded air/fuel is around 10.2:1. This is a short-term dump of fuel to cool the catalysts after a long time at high load and stoich air/fuel ratios. The catalyst will operate at a MUCH cooler temperature when the fuel ratio is less than or higher than stoich 14.64:1.
JL

Excellent point
We did 4-5 stock runs and they were all over the place in ref to power. All had the waves to them. Runs only lasted 6-8 seconds at WOT so most likely did not have time to dump fuel to cool catalyst.

Old 02-23-2009, 11:36 AM
dkf
Post Fiend
dkf is a splendid one to beholddkf is a splendid one to beholddkf is a splendid one to beholddkf is a splendid one to beholddkf is a splendid one to beholddkf is a splendid one to beholddkf is a splendid one to beholddkf is a splendid one to behold
Great info as usual Mike. The power increase was actually more than even I expected. Nothing like a dyno sheet..... Definatley sticky worthy IMO.

Old 02-23-2009, 12:45 PM
mwsF250
Postmaster
mwsF250 has a great reputation on FTE.mwsF250 has a great reputation on FTE.mwsF250 has a great reputation on FTE.mwsF250 has a great reputation on FTE.mwsF250 has a great reputation on FTE.
Another major thank you for your time and effort. Good stuff! A couple comments:

- I really like my SCT Livewire. The ability to monitor multiple parameters live is helpful when debugging.
- I believe published stock hp was 275.
- PI conversion? I'm available to answer any questions on that. Mine is working out well.
- Comparing hp/torque figures from one dyno to another is notoriously problematic. Especially if you try to compare brands or especially technologies. On the other hand, multiple runs on the same machine to compare changes is useful. In other words, the absolute number is VERY arguable, but differences from run to run ARE meaningful.

Old 02-23-2009, 02:43 PM
Krewat
Super Moderator
Krewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputation
I think, with this thread, and Mike's continued involvement with his '99 V10, we might have a really indepth look at what can be done with the V10.

Would love to see what a set of PI heads would do, but before that happens, would love to have real-world data on what headers and other exhaust as well as intake upgrades do on the dyno.

ALSO - Mike, any chance of returning to stock and getting dyno runs with exhaust/intake upgrades to see what would happen for people that don't go with a tune?

Old 02-23-2009, 06:58 PM
fordmdb
PREMIUM SPONSOR
Originally Posted by Krewat
ALSO - Mike, any chance of returning to stock and getting dyno runs with exhaust/intake upgrades to see what would happen for people that don't go with a tune?
Sure can thats my plan to show it to have a good before after comparo.

Big Thanks!!, I certainly appreciate the support from everyone here on FTE.

Mike

Old 02-28-2009, 05:33 PM
fordmdb
PREMIUM SPONSOR
Update
Y-pipe still has not arrived. Apparently there was some parts on back order for 99 y's

Mike

Old 02-28-2009, 07:53 PM
saggys
Senior User
saggys is starting off with a positive reputation.
I can hardly wait.If this turns out favorable for the Y and a CAI vendor you guys should get together and offer a performance package. (SCT, SPD, and Volant)

Old 03-02-2009, 03:25 PM
mwsF250
Postmaster
mwsF250 has a great reputation on FTE.mwsF250 has a great reputation on FTE.mwsF250 has a great reputation on FTE.mwsF250 has a great reputation on FTE.mwsF250 has a great reputation on FTE.
I have my Y-pipe (std '99 aluminized) still sitting in the box.... I picked it up in person on our way through Oregon and haven't had time to install.
I can send you mine if you have Jacob send yours to me when parts are in.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 99 2V Dyno'd

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.