General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

Cops: 3rd-Graders Aimed to Hurt Teacher

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 02:29 PM
flathead239
Senior User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cops: 3rd-Graders Aimed to Hurt Teacher

If this isn't from the script of Children of the Corn, I don't know what is...

Cops: 3rd-Graders Aimed to Hurt Teacher -- Family, Georgia -- Newsday.com

Old 04-01-2008, 02:49 PM
freirefishing
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hey you yell at a kid to stop standing on the chair, what do they expect, kids obviously arnt messing around nowadays

Old 04-01-2008, 05:02 PM
ken's 80
Senior User
My wife's friend got her first teaching job in a city in NJ which I would have to classify as "An Inner City", poor, undereducated residents, drugs & crime.

Our friend's first day was a learning experience in that one of her pupils threatened to "cut her" after she chastised the pupil.

Our friend was a KINDERGARTEN teacher!!!!!!

This is NOT a BS story.

It was difficult to correct the children as most of the time the parents were high when they came in on the teacher's request.

Old 04-01-2008, 07:05 PM
jake00
FTE is my crack
so kids with leaning disabilities were able to organize together, plan, prepare for ,and begin to carry out an attack?

Old 04-02-2008, 02:18 AM
Fordlover55
Still kicking!!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Did ya all read all the comments after the story? Half of them fully explain why these kids did what they did.

Kids do not understand NO, Sit Down!, Please, Thank you, etc. They are taught that they can do about anything they like and if the teacher or someone else says something or does something contrary to what they were taught by the parents... the law suits start flying.

It's a no win situation. If the kid would have fallen off the chair and broke his neck... that teacher would be world headlines for "not doing something to protect that po innocent little chil'.

Gangsta is the "in" thing to be. It isn't just parents... it's their brothers and sisters too.

I'd say it's always been pretty normal for all generations of kids to "rebel" in some way. But with todays liberal laws... rebel has taken on an entirely different concept. IMHO, of course.

Working in mental health for 17 years, I saw plenty of "results" of the no spank generation. Normal children grow through Id, Ego and hopefully into Superego. A high percentage of kids today may never get past Id stage. "Me, Me, Me, Me... the world must revolve around ME." If it doesn't, then the "world is wrong" and by golly gee, "I'll make em pay for messin' wit me."

Just think... these will be a voting generation some day. We should all at least hope..if not pray... that the kids eventually take it upon themselves to listen to what little concience they may develop...if any at all.

Old 04-02-2008, 07:55 AM
freirefishing
Postmaster
Originally Posted by jake00
so kids with leaning disabilities were able to organize together, plan, prepare for ,and begin to carry out an attack?

lmao.......

Old 04-02-2008, 02:04 PM
sierraben
Post Fiend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
A friend of mine, a teacher in Michigan, told me an incident where a substitute teacher
told a high school student to quiet down and pay attention.

Frigen student picked up "it's" desk and heaved it at the sub, putting her in the hospital.

Sorry, but IMHO, a student like that, needs to be sat down and talked to....
in between water boarding sessions.

Old 04-02-2008, 11:11 PM
rebocardo
Post Fiend
> a child psychiatry expert at Rush University Medical Center in Chicago, said he
> doubts they would have actually attacked

This "expert" should teach at a public school. I give it a 50/50 chance it would have happened or the knife used in some sort of attack or threat.

A Godless generation raised by a filthy TV. Even the most mild "kids" TV shows constantly have the "kick your butt" phrase such as "Ben 10", "Kids Next Door", etc. I banned my kids from even watching a commercial for the show "Johnny Test".

Old 04-03-2008, 08:56 AM
Behemoth
Laughing Gas
Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
It's a simple matter of a balance of fear, and repercussions....kids today have nothing to fear anymore.

Look at it objectively...kids can literally get away with murder. They can divorce their parents, or call protective services any time they don't get dessert with dinner, and it's the parents that get grilled. Even if they figure out it was the kid at fault, what really can they do to them? Nada, and the kids know this.

Kids also know that they can not only disobey, disrespect, and ignore their teachers, but they can also threaten and attack them, as the teachers cannot do anything to them, nor can they protect themselves for fear of litigation. Kids figured that out a long time ago, folks.

Kids aren't afraid of anything anymore, because they know there really isn't any repercussion for what they do. Adults, however, have to live in the constant fear of litigation, potential legal punishment, public scorn, should they do ANYthing to get the kids back into line.

Kids aren't even afraid of law enforcement anymore because they know the justice system will take the "precious little angles that just need love" approach, and they'll get off with less than a slap on the hand.

Kids KNOW that the counseling and psychiatric community have imposed their "delicate little snowflake" mentality on everyone, so much so that everyone is afraid of wounding their inner child. *NEWSFLASH*......they don't have one yet, because they are still children! Protecting an abstract concept in favor of properly guiding, disciplining, and teaching a child is abject nonsense.

The simple fact is that children learn and grow through testing boundaries, and this country has all but eliminated them. Yet, people are shocked when kids act out like this, thinking it must be something in the water. It isn't.....it's an amalgamation of things:

-The misinterpretation that children must be coddled at all costs as if they're somehow the next savior....they aren't.....they crap their pants, eat their boogers, play in mud, and generally act like idiots just like we did when we were kids. We're animals folks...with higher cognitive capabilities, but animals, nonetheless.

- A legal system that has effectively taken away the ability of a parent to discipline or reign their children in when they need it, and have provided no substitute in exchage. Oh, and before anyone out there suggests that I'm all about beating the hell out of a child....stow it...I'm not saying take a bat to a kid....but I'm sure as hell saying that children can be taught that there is a price to be paid for behavior that's over the line. A spanked *** is just that....a spanked ***...people that make it out to be more than it is are simpering turds. I have yet to find the human being that has suffered deep emotional scarring due to a spanking...not a beating....a spanking.

- An educational system that has gelded its instructors to the point that they fear for their lives. I won't digress into the "when I was a kid" speech, but there was a time when teachers had the authority to handle a situation, and didn't have to fear litigation or dismissal after the fact if it was warranted. Granted, there are always those examples of teachers that go too far...beating a child with an umbrella, for example...is inexcusable. I will add an exception to this area. If a child has taken it upon themselves to attack a teacher, then I say "game on". No human being has the right to attack another one, regardless of age, and if the victim of the attack has the means to defend themselves, then they should. Teachers idly standing by while a student throws a desk at them, flys in the face of natural selection. If I were the instructor, and had a desk hurled my way, that kid would be knocked on his ***...and the legal, media, psychological, and educational communities should applaud their teachers for defending themselves, instead of punishing them for potentially upsetting the 'delicate little snowflake'. If a kid can't respect his fellow students enough to allow them to learn, and try to learn themselves, then a teacher should have every right to kick them out of class until they straighten up. Teachers shouldn't be held hostage because they're afraid of insulting the parents by sending little Bobby home. People actually have the gall to wonder why there aren't enough qualified teachers out there anymore....who the hell would want the job? We take a motivated, driven, young teacher, and then place the equivalent of a gag and handcuffs on them, and tell them to go forth and make a difference....we're a nation of retards.

- Educational standards need to be reexamined and raised back up to the point that schools actually produce contributing members of society. The constant lowering of passing scores to artificially inflate the graduation rate of schools in this country is a disservice to everyone....EVERYONE. If little Bobby can't pass an exam, then little Bobby needs to study harder, have his parents help him more, ASK for help from his teacher whom he's supposed to respect, not attack...and after all that, if Bobby still can't pass, he should be held back until he can, not pressed through hoping society will somehow absorb his dumb ***. Schools need to have the ***** to be able to tell parents once more that little Bobby is a dumb *** if that actually is the case. They don't need to sugarcoat it and say that he's "minimally exceptional", so as to delude the parents into thinking that their kid is going to be the next Stephen Hawking. If you don't believe any of this, look around you.....we have a president that can't pronounce words of the English language properly...so much so, he's known for making them up from time to time. To borrow a concept from another post here, we have a nation full of "id" based morons that have guided society into believing that socially unacceptable behavior is cool, and being stupid is just hunky dory.

Yes....I'm angry about all of this. Not only do I have to watch most of general society disintegrate this way, but I also get to watch my own extended family go down the same path. I have step-neices and nephews that are in their teens that feel they know everything, so they don't need school anymore, don't need their parents anymore, and have decided to move in with whatever 'tard they're currently humping. I have friends that have had to pull their kids from school and home school them because the district they live in now teaches some form of math that has no wrong answers. 2+2 no longer just equals 4, but it can also equal 3 sticks and an apple, 2 caterpillars and a flower, or any other combination thereof. Hell, they even get half credit if they made ANY attempt whatsoever. Gotta make sure the kids pass, even if they don't know ANYTHING.

Until there is a major sociological shift in this country that returns to more objective thinking, and the use of common sense (God forbid)...we will continue to produce uncontrollable, self absorbed, ignorant, retards that will eventually run everything as they will be the majority.

I swear, it's only 7am, and I'm already as annoyed as I can get today. I don't think there is enough caffeine in the vending machine to send me into a stimulant based euphoria today.

Old 04-03-2008, 03:16 PM
flathead239
Senior User

^^^^^^^^ Great Post!! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Old 04-03-2008, 05:54 PM
PowerStroker?
Senior User
Thank God for private schools... the public schools are the ones where there are no boundaries now. I guess it's because parents of private school kids usually give a damn. Half the kids in public school don't get in trouble at home when they get in trouble at school. I know someone that is a teacher and I was reading some of the garbage they give the teachers at the start of the year. They put the SP-ED kids in regular classes then wonder why they can never complete the curriculum. They come right out and say "Never tell a child NO or that they are wrong." How do you learn if someone doesn't correct you? The psychologists have all that make everyone feel good all the time and never tell them anything bad stuff in all the schools. It's pathetic.

Old 04-04-2008, 11:42 AM
ken's 80
Senior User
Now that I reflect a little on this...I am a BIG fan of "Leave It To Beaver" and after watching a recent episode I have determined I wouldn't have minded "Tieing Up" Miss Landers and holding her "prisoner" for a while!

Old 04-04-2008, 07:27 PM
Flexfuel-Dave
Elder User
Man, Georgia didn't need this one!

Aren't water shortages and serious storms enough!

Old 04-04-2008, 09:28 PM
smokestone52
Elder User
My wife teaches in Las Vegas. This city has been identified as one of the nations most dangerous to live in.
Twice in the last 8 years my wife has had a student treaten to kill her. She has taught 2nd and 3rd graders.
Now, I am not a wait and see type of guy. Both times I was down in the admin. office pounding on the desk to get the kid who did the crime removed from the school system. The last time it went into the court room, and cost me a bunch of money, but by g&^ we got it done!

Point is this, people have got to stand up and fight to get these vermin OUT of the schools. They almost every time end up leaving school anyway, after hurting many others in the mean time. And later become murders and scum.

Non of us owe or can do a darn thing for these type of non-caring, violent people. They need thrown out of the system, and left to starve!

Old 04-04-2008, 09:56 PM
rebocardo
Post Fiend
> They almost every time end up leaving school anyway, after hurting many
> others in the mean time.

When I was in 8th grade music class, a student pulled out a large knife, went up to the piano as the female teacher was playing and cut the strings. Then held up the knife like he was going to slice her. She had a nervous break down right there and quit teaching. We spent the rest of the year with the vice-principle that had black belts in various martial arts.

I came close to being stabbed in the back a couple of times going and coming from lunch.

I really hated school.