1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

The Cure

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2008, 09:00 AM
c00nhunterjoe
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
there is no "c00n's cure" i f you remember it was a simple joke to poke fun with you guys that went horribly wrong, it was meant to show that my trans has 4 distinct shift points in it, giving it the same illusion that the cure gives.

again, i never meant to try to do harm to the actual product and the post was taken the wrong way, i tried to delete it and i am not capable. i do endorse the product as i feel it does work and is a good mod and WILL aid in preventing premature transmission failure. i ask that you kindly stop poking at sore wounds as the post was written incorrectly and i didnt consider the multiple ways it could be taken. i have apologized before for it and i am apologizing for the last time now.

Old 02-23-2008, 09:04 AM
c00nhunterjoe
Post Fiend
in resposne to the other questions, the epc is fords way to give the trucks a more car like feel yet still be able to be heavy duty enough to get the job done. the technology wasnt good enough for the times. the epc as described in the ese site is correct, its not accurate enough to do its job very well, you are stuck with abnormal pressures that constantly vary. eliminating it and giving a desired pressure is the way to go, you know what will always be on demand and the shifts and holding pressures wont drop off and allow any slippage or heat to occur. you should see lower operating temps and have a much better feeling tranny.

Old 02-23-2008, 09:34 AM
MADVAN
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by c00nhunterjoe
there is no "c00n's cure" i f you remember it was a simple joke to poke fun with you guys that went horribly wrong, it was meant to show that my trans has 4 distinct shift points in it, giving it the same illusion that the cure gives.

again, i never meant to try to do harm to the actual product and the post was taken the wrong way, i tried to delete it and i am not capable. i do endorse the product as i feel it does work and is a good mod and WILL aid in preventing premature transmission failure. i ask that you kindly stop poking at sore wounds as the post was written incorrectly and i didnt consider the multiple ways it could be taken. i have apologized before for it and i am apologizing for the last time now.
c00n

We are all here to have better trucks and have a better understanding of them. That is all that matters.

Bill

Old 02-23-2008, 09:35 AM
c00nhunterjoe
Post Fiend
i agree, we are al lin it together

Old 02-23-2008, 09:37 AM
MADVAN
Postmaster
in resposne to the other questions, the epc is fords way to give the trucks a more car like feel yet still be able to be heavy duty enough to get the job done. the technology wasnt good enough for the times. the epc as described in the ese site is correct, its not accurate enough to do its job very well, you are stuck with abnormal pressures that constantly vary. eliminating it and giving a desired pressure is the way to go, you know what will always be on demand and the shifts and holding pressures wont drop off and allow any slippage or heat to occur. you should see lower operating temps and have a much better feeling tranny.
Agree!!!
So called trans builders dont even know about the ESE.

Bill

Old 02-23-2008, 09:43 AM
c00nhunterjoe
Post Fiend
100 bucks is a good deal for what you are getting, the epc eliminator is the biggest gain in my opinion, the bully dog and sonaxx accumulaotr kits are the same price as all 3 mods you are getting

Old 02-23-2008, 09:59 AM
MADVAN
Postmaster
100 bucks is a good deal for what you are getting, the epc eliminator is the biggest gain in my opinion, the bully dog and sonaxx accumulaotr kits are the same price as all 3 mods you are getting
Its not even that you can do you own adjustments in shift feel ect. Such as a transgo. The big advantage is the flaws removed from the EPC system.

Bill

Old 02-23-2008, 10:50 AM
c00nhunterjoe
Post Fiend
it wouldnt be hard to get yourself a set line pressure, keeping the check engine light out is the key and the resistor takes care of it

Old 02-26-2008, 02:01 PM
RÖENTGEEP
FOREIGN GURU

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Exclamation

Originally Posted by MADVAN
1- Vibration is a vague statement. Can be a few things. Have you done any testing to see what the issue is. What is your PCM code?
2- Cure works standalone. All work excellent together (VB,pump mods,HP TC, shift kits,ect) with it.
3- Your DIY is fine. Even better depending on how you actuate the DIY.

Bill
-With vibration I want to say that between 2nd ant 3rd you feel a hard shift, is quickly but the truck has a short vibration and its harder at WOT and it is less if you realease a little bet the throttle when the change is going to happen (I hope I explain myself).
-No I havent done any tests, here in my town there are no transmission shops with scanners, I suppose I cant do any test with the OBD-2, right?
-PCM code = NAW4

Old 02-26-2008, 02:07 PM
tjbeggs
Post Fiend

Sounds like Torque converter shudder to me. I have done one thing that is very cheap to fix it. Done it to 15 or so trucks and including my old 95. Change the tranny fluid to ATF+3 chrysler fluid. It has different friction modifiers in it and fixes the shudder. All of the trucks we have done this to didn't have any other issues and never shuddered again.

Old 02-26-2008, 02:21 PM
RÖENTGEEP
FOREIGN GURU

Maybe you are right and could be shudder , and I remember that post where you told us about to change the tranny fluid to ATF+3 chrysler fluid in that cases. Im going a try. Thanks Tim.

Old 02-26-2008, 02:39 PM
MADVAN
Postmaster
Tj

He could also dump the naw4.
I would first test with chip removed.
Thats if you have one.
The fluid can mask a possible issue.

Bill

Old 02-26-2008, 02:41 PM
tjbeggs
Post Fiend

I don't think he has one yet. I think its ordered.

Old 02-26-2008, 02:43 PM
MADVAN
Postmaster
Its possible the naw4 all ready put a hurting on the TC.
Best to fix than mask if it is the issue.

Bill

Old 02-26-2008, 02:49 PM
RÖENTGEEP
FOREIGN GURU

Question

No I dont have a Chip yet. Could I swap the NAW4 with theTEE5 which I have for spare and see what happens?

Thanks amigos.

Quick Reply: The Cure