Computer Chips & Tuners  

Problems with Edge evolution with attitude

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2007, 09:08 PM
BURNSTOUGHFORD
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Problems with Edge evolution with attitude

Okay well i took my tuner off of my truck in my sig...and yes i put it back to stock...and i put it on my dads 01 super crew with a 5.4l and drove it for about a week with it on the 87 octane tune.... well this weekend i was putting it back to stock so i could put the tuner back on my truck... and while it was programming or what ever my father turned the key in the ignition off when it was about half done....

This totally screwed everything up and i dont know what to do...now evertime i try to hook up the edge to it, it just stays at the main screen telling me to turn the key on but not to start so the edge can reconize the computer... and move on ...well it never goes past that.... and the truck wont start either... so now i have a dead truck...

The edge still works fine on my truck... reconizes it and it will allow me to tune myne but it wont reconize my dads truck...

so we unhooked the battery and tried all that to no avail...

I dont know what to do and i need some advice fast.... i would assume that edge would have some sort of protection for this... its somthing that would be so easy to mess up for anybody and i cant imagine that the computer is dead and will need another factory tune...but i dont know...

Help me please

Old 07-26-2007, 07:22 PM
ReAX
Post Fiend
Your PCM is toast, it is workable, but it might need as little as reinitialization or as much as a new EEPROM installed. What happened was the tuner had deleted the files and was attempting to upload the new file. During the upload the file was corrupted. Like I said, you might be able to get it reinitialized if it only corrupted the ECM/PCM files and not the command area of the EEPROM. If the entire or the read/write function on the EEPROM was corrupted, you need a new EEPROM or PCM.

Old 08-06-2007, 05:16 PM
HSH
Junior User
I just had a very similary prob. with my 97 7.3. Reprogrammed back to stock and when I went to start the truck she wouldn't fire. I had to take it to the dealer and they diagnosed a dead PCM. $900 and this wednesday and I'll have my truck back. You can bet that I'm going to call Edge and have a few delicately chosen words for them. I've been told my situation isn't abnormal. Pissed - cause I like what it did for my truck.