The Next Generation For those ages 15-25.

How LOUD is your exhaust????

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2006, 08:45 PM
7.3burnoutbuddy
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking How LOUD is your exhaust????

Hey, i was wondering how loud everyone liked their exhaust and how many people you have pissed off or scared with it? I have a 1990 F250 with a 7.3 Diesel and had a cherrybomb glasspack on it. I have set off car alarms off before I just bought a new muffler, and it will now be even louder! LOL

Old 03-07-2006, 08:54 PM
spidk43
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What are you running a muffler for if you want it to be loud. hahaha

I'm running 5 feet of pipe after my cats... just haven't felt the need to take them out yet. its loud enough for me.

I can't use my truck when I want to sneak out anymore... its loud enough that my parents hear it and wake up.

Old 03-07-2006, 09:07 PM
7.3burnoutbuddy
Senior User
To pass inspection in North Carolina you have to have a muffler. That Sucks.LOL

Old 03-07-2006, 09:16 PM
spidk43
Senior User
ahhhh... you could always have a pipe running through the muffler, they won't know the difference.

Old 03-07-2006, 09:40 PM
jimbo beam
Posting Guru
ive got my 82 f100 300 I6 straight piped, it curves out in front of the right rear tire, with the choke pulled out when its warming up in the driveway it'll rattle the storm windows on the house.

my daily driver, 96 f150 has a 302 v8 with true duals off the manifolds, 2 1/2 inch pipe with two 24 inch thrush magnum glasspacks, exits straight out the back through 18 inch long 3 1/2 inch chrome tips. shes really kindof quiet at idle a nice little rumble, but its louder then hell with the gas to the floor. i know it can be heard from hundreds of yards away, when i use to pick my sisters up at school there would always be the group of little dorks that felt the need to walk down the middle of the damn street, i loved to romp on it and watch them scatter as id drive through.

although id have to give the title of truely loud to the beast, my buddys 78 f150 400 v8, with long tube headers true duals and 12 inch glasspacks, running through two perfectly straight 2 1/2 inch pipes that exits out the back. this truck takes the title simply becouse of the fact that you have to turn it off to hear the person talking in the drive through.

Old 03-07-2006, 10:07 PM
bronco69
Senior User
My 1972 bronco has a 351 cleveland corba jet that is 400 HP. I think that i have the LOUDEST truck here. I have 8 "3inch around" zoomies that come out the side finders wheel wells and they shute flames 3 feet in the air. but this truck isn't street legal, its a mud bogger. I'm 15 years old and i have my permit but i can whait untill i turn 16 so i can drive my nice 1969 ford bronco and this truck has open headers with fake mufflers so its loud to and i bet ill **** some peopol off with it because u can hear this truck comeing from a coupple miles away.

Old 03-08-2006, 08:30 AM
G Lube
Senior User
I must be weird then since I really don't like loud exhaust. I'm 19 and most of the money I have spent on my car went to my stereo. I don't care for loud cars or for having an extremely fast car. I want the sound system and thats it.

Gary

Old 03-08-2006, 03:13 PM
bassproguy07
Elder User
I dont know where all you guys are from running cats on diesels, but here in texas they dont do emmissions for diesels. I did find out that they wont inspect a car without a muffler though even though they only do a safety inspection. I used to have no muffler, dumping right before the start of the bed on my 83 f250 diesel, cops thought it was too loud though and gamme a warning. I recently put a 24 inch red hot glasspack, best legal sound you can get for 20 bucks. It turns out right before the rear tire, pretty loud when you punch on it, ida liked to have the dynomax glasspacks, theyre not louvered so they dont have the turbulance, but the ones i have now will dotill my birthday when i hopefully get either a turbo or 3" true duals. Oh and burnout buddy, why dont you get a three inch piece of pipe, and weld it on as you would a straight pipe, keeping the stock exhaust but eliminating the muffler. Then go to autozone or sumthin buy a cheap cherry bomb turbo muffler, or even better go to the dumpster of ur local muffler shop and pick u one up or give em a couple of bucks for it. Take that muffler, and cut the ends off, and then take the casing off. Once the internals are out of the muffler, slide the ends onto the 3" pipe and tack them in place, then tack the casing ont the end pieces so it looks good and weld er up. Dont forget to grind your welds though, it needs to look legit, then get you some high heat black spray paint and spray that muffler to hide all the welds. Now your truck looks like it has a muffler, when it really just has a straight through pipe. Oh and since u have a psd, unlike my truck you have a turbo, a turbo is considered a muffler in most states! If you dont have a welder, go to some hillbilly muffler shop and get them to do it, they no what you want.

Old 03-08-2006, 05:35 PM
fattmann
Tuned
I'm with G Lube, not much for loud exhaust, unless it sounds exceptional. My buddy has a lifted chebbie with a rebuilt 350 and 3" true duals dumping right after the cab, wow. You can't carry on a conversation. Now maybe if he got some mild mufflers to make it gruntier, would be badass.

I have a E-150 w/the 4.9, busted stock exhaust right now, but going to throw a chuck of that 3" on it after the first cat once I couple bucks for fittings and crap.

Some good beats and a rumble are good enought for me, no need to deafen bystanders, lol. To each his own...

Old 03-08-2006, 06:34 PM
jimbo beam
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by G Lube
I must be weird then since I really don't like loud exhaust. I'm 19 and most of the money I have spent on my car went to my stereo. I don't care for loud cars or for having an extremely fast car. I want the sound system and thats it.

Gary
thats the way it usally goes, stock exhaust and loud speakers, or loud exhaust and stock speakers, two differnt crowds is all.

my thing with stereos is i dont listen to bassy music so a cheapo cd player is good enough for me. besides nothing beats spending a thousand bucks on a stereo only to have some punk smash your window and steal it.

i will admit that in either world it has to sound nice, a big throaty boom from a decent set of subs sounds alot better then the dork with his 100 watt 10 inch that can only make the trunk rattle. samething with a decent exhaust combo that cost a few bucks, compaired to driving around with a rusted out muffler. either way its not about how loud it is, its that it can be heard and still sound good.

Old 03-08-2006, 06:52 PM
7.3burnoutbuddy
Senior User
I have a 1990 Diesel non-turbo IDI. So it is a little louder than a turbo. yah, i got my new muffler today 3inch in dual 2.5 out and im going to gut this one!

Old 03-08-2006, 07:01 PM
RangerPilot
Post Fiend
Christmas. Parents bought me a full dual Flowmaster 40 Series Delta. Not too loud on the inside as long as I have the radio on (I for one go for loud radio and loud exhaust). If I get on it it sounds really awesome though, especially if I rev it up (4.0L V6 with a 5 speed) to around 4500 and then slam the clutch on, it just drops off, really cool sound, in my opinion. I wasn't so much going for loud as just sounds a tid bit more ballsy and opening up the exhaust for future engine modifications.

Old 03-08-2006, 07:25 PM
bassproguy07
Elder User
sorry burnuoot buddy, some reason i thought u had an 02, guess that was someone ealse. Well since you have a 90, 3 inch True duals, with 40 series flowmasters sound great on our trucks. I personally want 4 inch stacks, with no muffler, i dont know what itl sound like, but if i dont end up getin stacks i want true dual with the flowmasters

Old 03-08-2006, 07:31 PM
bronco69
Senior User
I set of a my moms ford expodision alarm off when i was reving my truck in the drive way one time and when i pull in to my barn i have to idle in because if i give it to gas it knocks cans and stuff off the shelves because off the zoomies.

Old 03-08-2006, 07:36 PM
bronco69
Senior User
U guys with ford superdutie desial trucks should get some dule 6inch pipes all the way back, even the down pipe and manafolds. My dad put the kit on his truck from BANKS and his truck loud and sounds nice and allso it give u alot more HP and tork

Quick Reply: How LOUD is your exhaust????