What's the deal with these door locks.I drive a 2002 sc4x4 xlt.....Every time I drive the truck the locks lock and when I stop they unlock just drivers side.This is always making me mad as my passengers are always asking to let them in because it's always locked.My manual is in french only,which I can't read very well....HELP!!!!
Same problem on my truck just a couple of days ago.. it was a bad drivers side lock/unlock switch. Try unplugging it and see if it still happens. If not, thats your problem. You might be able to "reset" the switch - mine quit when I unplugged it and never did when I plugged it back in but I replaced it anyway.
I'm comfused.If I umplug the switch it's not going to lock either.I just want it to unlock with the other locks.It locks just fine every time I drive.All locks unlock every time I put it in park except the passenger door.
My wife's Expedition used to do the same thing - locks ALL the doors when you put it in drive - only unlocks the drivers door when you put it in park. She had Viper alarm system installed about two weeks ago - and ever since then when she puts it in park ALL the doors unlock. So I'm not sure what the deal is there... I'm guessing that it's normal & possibly as a safety feature and that my wife's alarm is overriding it?
we have an 01 screw that has that option... don't have the manual right now (dad's out fishing) but it's in english and if I can get a hold of it i'll type up how to disengage this option, i like the older trucks where it isn't locked unless you lock it...
here it is, I actually found it on this website--https://www.ford-trucks.com/article/idx/0/184/article/Safe_and_Secure_How_to_Enable_or_Disable_Your_Auto lock_System.html
1. Start in the truck with all doors closed and the key turned off.
2. Put the switch in the on position and press the door unlock button 3 times.
3. Put the switch in the off position and press the door unlock button 3 times.
4. Put the switch in the on position, you should hear a quick note from your horn.
5. Press the door unlock button 1 time then press the door lock button 1 time.
6. You should hear a short note from your horn indicating that the auto-lock system is disabled. If you hear a short note then a longer note from the horn then the auto-lock system has just been enabled.
7. Turn the switch to the off position. You will hear a short note from the horn to let you know that the system has been changed.
8. These steps should be done within 30 seconds in order to properly activate or deactivate the feature.
The system will in most cases revert back to the original setting anytime you disconnect the battery. I understand that these directions will work on any late model Ford vehicle but I have only performed it on the Ford trucks.
I have also performed this on our '01 screw, it does work.
Check out your user manual. You can download your manual in a PDF from the Ford website https://myford.fordvehicles.com. Register your truck if you haven't already and then you can search the manual for the codes. You have to do a combination of key turns in the ignition while you hit the door lock. You can turn it on or off this way at least. There may be more options, I don't know.