Sponsored by: DP Tuner

TRIAX Impressions

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2021, 06:18 PM
Colorado350
Postmaster
Received 119 Likes on 84 Posts
Originally Posted by BBslider001
Tried to rep ya Wes but I'm in jail. "Grow a pair"....hahahahaha.....my thoughts exactly....even though I bought gallons jugs for a reason.
@BBslider001
Hey Byron,
‘If those gallon jugs are too heavy for you, here’s some 6lb dumbbells you can buy, when you work up to lifting the 5 gallon pail you can simply hang these from your rear bumper!

https://www.ashleyborden.com/product...ip-pink-1-pair

Old 01-12-2021, 06:30 PM
BBslider001
Hotshot
Received 376 Likes on 268 Posts
Originally Posted by Colorado350
@BBslider001
Hey Byron,
‘If those gallon jugs are too heavy for you, here’s some 6lb dumbbells you can buy, when you work up to lifting the 5 gallon pail you can simply hang these from your rear bumper!

https://www.ashleyborden.com/product...ip-pink-1-pair
John, no more bullying me on my thread. I can't lift 5 gallons because my fingers get stressed and then I spill it all down the valley, which will eventually ruin my clutch. Then, I won't be able to tow and that would be a real bummer. Plus, my azz entirely hurts when I lift it from the ground to the core support. Basically, I just hurt all over and I don't like it. I don't like snow either. In fact, I hate it.

Old 01-12-2021, 06:49 PM
RacinJasonWV
Lead Driver
Received 1,647 Likes on 1,158 Posts
I can’t help but feel like your results are probably more related to the change in type and weight of oil than brands. There is a huge difference between 15w-40 Dino and 5w-40 synthetic IMHO. Especially at cold start. Synthetic flows so much better at cold temps anyhow and the 5w-40 goes on to help even more.

I won’t even try to hide it. I am a huge fan of synthetic oils. But definitely not the fancy label type. So many of them have great marketing is all I’ll say.

I am impressed with what I’m seeing on the Triax specs and y’all’s testimonials. I would like to try it, however I get my T6 at a discounted rate from my local store so this is likely where I’ll stay.

I enjoyed reading your review and hope you continue to have great results.

Originally Posted by Sous
Besides, I am the jackass that will slip while pouring the 5 gallon bucket, drop the bucket, break the GPR, break the cast metal fuel bowl and soak the filter with oil. As I lay there on the floor swearing, the $125 worth of oil is finding it's way down to the floor over the down pipe and manifolds and valley drain where it will sit until I can get another $125 bucket delivered to the house along with the gallon of Simple Green in order to clean up the mess.
Sous, I got a good chuckle out of this visual. One time I am graceful and won’t spill a drop. Next time I might have oil up to my armpit.

Wes, I understand your passion for cross contamination from your line of work. However I wouldn’t worry about this small amount of mixing between engine oil brands personally. I can’t imagine the oils would start a chemical reaction rendering the engine without lubrication. After all, it’s unlikely you’ll get every drop out of the engine before putting the new in anyhow.

Secondary container or straight from the drum? Ehh whatever makes you happy. Sous is clumsy, Wes is a stud. Roll with what works.

Old 01-12-2021, 07:19 PM
Wes444
Logistics Pro
Received 1,150 Likes on 654 Posts
Originally Posted by RacinJasonWV
Wes is a stud.
Said no one, ever

Old 01-12-2021, 07:22 PM
ESwift
cncfab
Received 1,638 Likes on 972 Posts
No way would I try to pour a 5 gallon pain to fill the truck. I do that with the excavators, dozer, and backhoes often enough. Great way to make a mess. I am that guy who would have to go buy more oil because I spilled it all

Old 01-12-2021, 07:41 PM
RacinJasonWV
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by Wes444
Said no one, ever
If you can dump from a 5 gallon bucket into a funnel on the engine up that high I’ll say it.
Wes is a stud!

Old 01-12-2021, 07:44 PM
ESwift
cncfab
Received 1,638 Likes on 972 Posts
If you can dump from a 5 gallon bucket into a funnel on the engine up that high I’ll say it.
Wes is a stud!
Maybe he just stands on the engine?....….

Thats what I do with the big equipment.. just stand up there and someone hands me the buckets(usually hydrolic oil) everything goes smooth, then bam, slip and fall while getting down

Old 01-12-2021, 08:57 PM
Colorado350
Postmaster
John, no more bullying me on my thread. I can't lift 5 gallons because my fingers get stressed and then I spill it all down the valley, which will eventually ruin my clutch. Then, I won't be able to tow and that would be a real bummer. Plus, my azz entirely hurts when I lift it from the ground to the core support. Basically, I just hurt all over and I don't like it. I don't like snow either. In fact, I hate it.

Dude, I thought your hand was awful soft when I brought you those Super Springs. When did you get so sensitive Just start with these then and work up to the dumbbells:https://www.google.com/search?q=fing...4DG6QdKxmmgTqM

Maybe something to read while you’re working out? https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/communication-success/201711/24-signs-highly-sensitive-person

Seriously though, what’s the big deal with the 5 gallon bucket? It’s only 30ish pounds, comes with a handle and a pour spout.

Possible Solutions:
1). The real issue is venting the pail, buy a rubber valve stem, remove the core. Now drill the appropriate hole in the lid of the pail, run a shop vac while drilling to grab the shavings, push the valve stem into the hole on the lid. You may need to shave a bit off the back of the valve stem in order to get it to seat. Now, you have a sealable vent. Or pour with the pull up spout on the top...problem solved!

2)
Amazon Amazon

3) Buy a 2 gallon gas can like in the link, relabel it for oil, transfer the oil to the can and pour into truck. The benefit of this style of gas can: you push the button and it turns the flow on, release the button off and it shuts the flow off.
https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/pr...carb-compliant

4)Per Wes: “Grow a pair, take a lifting break if ya need to”

‘’Now, can we get back to your review of the oil instead of how to get it in the truck????

Old 01-12-2021, 09:05 PM
BBslider001
Hotshot
Originally Posted by ESwift
Maybe he just stands on the engine?....….

Thats what I do with the big equipment.. just stand up there and someone hands me the buckets(usually hydrolic oil) everything goes smooth, then bam, slip and fall while getting down
Oh man, done this many many times working on the ranch for hay equipment, working on drill rigs, etc....and yep, usually bust my azz on the way down with all the grease and oil residue

Old 01-12-2021, 09:09 PM
BBslider001
Hotshot
Originally Posted by Colorado350
Dude, I thought your hand was awful soft when I brought you those Super Springs. When did you get so sensitive Just start with these then and work up to the dumbbells:https://www.google.com/search?q=fing...4DG6QdKxmmgTqM

Maybe something to read while you’re working out? https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/communication-success/201711/24-signs-highly-sensitive-person

Seriously though, what’s the big deal with the 5 gallon bucket? It’s only 30ish pounds, comes with a handle and a pour spout.

Possible Solutions:
1). The real issue is venting the pail, buy a rubber valve stem, remove the core. Now drill the appropriate hole in the lid of the pail, run a shop vac while drilling to grab the shavings, push the valve stem into the hole on the lid. You may need to shave a bit off the back of the valve stem in order to get it to seat. Now, you have a sealable vent. Or pour with the pull up spout on the top...problem solved!

2)
Amazon Amazon

3) Buy a 2 gallon gas can like in the link, relabel it for oil, transfer the oil to the can and pour into truck. The benefit of this style of gas can: you push the button and it turns the flow on, release the button off and it shuts the flow off.
https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/pr...carb-compliant

4)Per Wes: “Grow a pair, take a lifting break if ya need to”

‘’Now, can we get back to your review of the oil instead of how to get it in the truck????
So wait, how DO we get it in the truck again?

Old 01-12-2021, 09:15 PM
RacinJasonWV
Lead Driver
So wait, how DO we get it in the truck again?

Old 01-12-2021, 09:23 PM
FinnishStroker
Cargo Master
Received 783 Likes on 482 Posts
If im understanding correctly..

You switched from 2k miles driven 15w-40 dino oil to 5w-40 fully synthetic?

If so,that's not quite even a comparison.
Result is as expected.

You surely have noticed before,a loss of power with high mileage oil and that injectors starts to clatter more..

Old 01-12-2021, 09:28 PM
Colorado350
Postmaster

That thing looks like it’s 3 feet across, Even Byron could hit that!

Old 01-12-2021, 09:44 PM
Sous
Fleet Owner
Received 4,515 Likes on 2,874 Posts
Come on bud, you've me me.
Yes sir, my wife Kate and I had the pleasure of meeting you and as Jason said, you are a stud.

It's all good, no offense taken and I respect your "ballerina" like ability to balance a 5 gallon (40 lbs), $125 bucket of oil over a 7.3L 4x4 and not make a mess. Cirque Du Soleil may be looking for someone like you.

Sous, I got a good chuckle out of this visual. One time I am graceful and won’t spill a drop. Next time I might have oil up to my armpit.

Secondary container or straight from the drum? Ehh whatever makes you happy. Sous is clumsy, Wes is a stud. Roll with what works.
You know Jason, if we cannot laugh at ourselves, then life would be dull and boring. The visual I provided above is more if a premonition than a story. I know that would happen and I would probably be wearing non-garage work clothes too, which would only lead to more issues.

Wes brings up a good point, but if I use a BLS-4 clean space where deadly diseases like Ebola and COVID-19 are kept, then the cross contamination should not be a problem. After all, the CDC is just a short drive down I-85 from here... Also, that is where TWD started, so there is that to consider.

Said no one, ever
Wrong! Everyone knows you are and we appreciate your insight and experience in many things like weapons, wood working and mechanical ability.

Originally Posted by ESwift
No way would I try to pour a 5 gallon pain to fill the truck. I do that with the excavators, dozer, and backhoes often enough. Great way to make a mess. I am that guy who would have to go buy more oil because I spilled it all
Me either, not a chance... I remember having to top off 5 ton trucks, 2.5 ton trucks or HMMWV's in the desert and I am much older, fatter and out if shape now. No thanks...

Especially now that the oil comes from my wallet and my wallet is a penny pincher. If I was the svelte and slender stud that Wesley is, perhaps...

Originally Posted by FinnishStroker

Result is as expected.

You surely have noticed before,a loss of power with high mileage oil and that injectors starts to clatter more..
You understand it correctly sir. Sometimes your English is better than those of us that grew up here.

Your thoughts on the results is similar to what Paul was eluding to earlier as well, and what the rest of us were thinking.

‐----------------

Too bad this thread took a turn for the worse, it showed real promise to not be "just another oil thread". Just 12 hours after the thread was created with factual data and real world impressions, it resorted the typical chest beating reminiscent of Face Book and riddled with emojis that oil threads often turn into.

At least it was educational and informative for a while and I for one was able to glean some knowledge from FTE'rs that have made and learned from the same decision I am making soon.

Thank you for that, now I am off to find some Triax 5w40 on sale!

***I am not a paid sponsor of any product or company. I know this because I'm broke and cheap***

Old 01-12-2021, 10:16 PM
BBslider001
Hotshot
Originally Posted by FinnishStroker

Result is as expected.

I thought I explained my points, but I will make it more clear.

15w-40 in any dino, truck ran the same for the 5k miles. No huge change on a fresh fill of oil.

Triax....pretty big difference. The decibel levels alone tells me something is going on internally in the engine. How the truck runs...well, it's butt dyno, which I stated with the word "subjective".

No, I have not noticed a loss of power based on old oil. No, I have not noticed more clatter on old oil. Hope this helps.

Excellent. And it's yellow!

Quick Reply: TRIAX Impressions