2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

2020-2022 Super Duty FORScan Spreadsheet

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2023, 10:37 AM
gSwift
More Turbo
Received 272 Likes on 159 Posts
Originally Posted by Cold Diesel
Hi,
I enabled the DFP% gauge using the spreadsheet data. But my concern is that it’s been reading 0% ever since I enabled it. Has never moved from 0% anytime I have looked at it, and I look at it every day when I start it up and when I am getting home for sure. Maybe looked a couple times on the road also.

This is on a 2022 F450 Limited
truck has 2750 miles on it currently.
I drove it about 38 miles every day this week and …. well I mean I expected it to be going up slowly of course not stay at 0%. So I don’t know what’s going on. Any advice would be appreciated as I can’t wrap my head around this at all.

edit. Maybe I am just over thinking this. Will watch it when I go on a 400 mile trip towing next week. Surely the truck would tell me if I had a problem.
Mine does this too. I first noticed it on my '21 F350 and was concerned about it, but it finally started filling up. Seemed like it stayed at 0% for like a week or more.

My question for the experts here is, I keep my auto regen turned off and yesterday I had to take the camper in for some warranty work. DPF was sitting at 45% and I didn't have a far drive to drop the camper, so I didn't turn auto regen back on. I got the camper dropped off and on the way home I noticed my filter was at 0%. Does it still force a regen even with auto regen turned off while you're towing?

Old 01-07-2023, 12:48 PM
scottz99
Laughing Gas
Received 190 Likes on 120 Posts
Originally Posted by Cold Diesel
Hi,
I enabled the DFP% gauge using the spreadsheet data. But my concern is that it’s been reading 0% ever since I enabled it. Has never moved from 0% anytime I have looked at it, and I look at it every day when I start it up and when I am getting home for sure. Maybe looked a couple times on the road also.

This is on a 2022 F450 Limited
truck has 2750 miles on it currently.
I drove it about 38 miles every day this week and …. well I mean I expected it to be going up slowly of course not stay at 0%. So I don’t know what’s going on. Any advice would be appreciated as I can’t wrap my head around this at all.

edit. Maybe I am just over thinking this. Will watch it when I go on a 400 mile trip towing next week. Surely the truck would tell me if I had a problem.
Originally Posted by gSwift
Mine does this too. I first noticed it on my '21 F350 and was concerned about it, but it finally started filling up. Seemed like it stayed at 0% for like a week or more.

My question for the experts here is, I keep my auto regen turned off and yesterday I had to take the camper in for some warranty work. DPF was sitting at 45% and I didn't have a far drive to drop the camper, so I didn't turn auto regen back on. I got the camper dropped off and on the way home I noticed my filter was at 0%. Does it still force a regen even with auto regen turned off while you're towing?
I'm not an expert, but I can give you my observations. There are a lot of factors that affect dpf %. On my truck, driving short trips around town will run it up quickly. highway driving not as quick. If I am pulling heavy I have even seen the % go down passively. I'm not sure if this is a thing, but my observation is that pulling heavy creates a lot of heat in the exhaust system (just like a regen) and will keep the dpf % low or even reduce it. I have pulled my 5th wheel (16k) hundreds of miles with the dpf % sitting at zero. When I unhook and start driving around town dpf % starts going up. I keep the auto regen enabled, but I watch the % and if it is approaching 100% on a short drive I turn auto regen off until on a longer drive. Leaving it off all the time accomplishes the same thing, just turn it on when you hit 100% on a long drive. Not sure what Ford changed, but my 2022 regens a lot less than my 2019 did. Some say it will regen every 500 miles regardless of %; I have not watched this so can't confirm.

You might want to look at this thread: Partial Regens

The following 2 users liked this post by scottz99:
Old 01-12-2023, 01:11 PM
dchjort
4wd Low
Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
Question for you all I have a 21 F450 it has been parked for about 5 months with the battery's disconnected. I installed new AGM battery's and was going through FORSCAN to set the BMS to AGM. Found that NP but when looking at some of the plane English settings they do not match. I.E., battery single or dual, alt single or dual. Do I need to reload the as built and or does this matter.

Old 01-15-2023, 08:41 PM
meaz93
Cross-Country
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Can anyone tell me when traction control is disabled through Forscan on a 2021 F250 XLT will the truck automatically be in sport mode?
Normally I would hit the traction control button on the stack quickly 2 times than the sport mode engage screen would come up.
Now that button does not do anything.

Old 01-16-2023, 06:51 PM
meaz93
Cross-Country
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Well.....I switched it back to enabled that way I get Sport Mode when I want it and switch traction control off & on when needed.
I'm heading to Ford for some warranty work in the AM. An APIM module for the Navigation OTA downloads is bad.
Than I'm going to ask my service advisor to hopefully adjust that PITA DRL setup!

The following users liked this post:
Old 01-17-2023, 03:42 PM
Cold Diesel
Cross-Country
Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by scottz99
I'm not an expert, but I can give you my observations. There are a lot of factors that affect dpf %. On my truck, driving short trips around town will run it up quickly. highway driving not as quick. If I am pulling heavy I have even seen the % go down passively. I'm not sure if this is a thing, but my observation is that pulling heavy creates a lot of heat in the exhaust system (just like a regen) and will keep the dpf % low or even reduce it. I have pulled my 5th wheel (16k) hundreds of miles with the dpf % sitting at zero. When I unhook and start driving around town dpf % starts going up. I keep the auto regen enabled, but I watch the % and if it is approaching 100% on a short drive I turn auto regen off until on a longer drive. Leaving it off all the time accomplishes the same thing, just turn it on when you hit 100% on a long drive. Not sure what Ford changed, but my 2022 regens a lot less than my 2019 did. Some say it will regen every 500 miles regardless of %; I have not watched this so can't confirm.

You might want to look at this thread: Partial Regens
Yes now that I have been watching it for a while it’s quite interesting. I have driven 2300 miles without a regen so far. I had it as high as 25% driving around town unloaded, but as soon as I have my trailer on it goes back down to 0 again fairly quickly and stays at 0. Yes I have the auto regen turned off! Maybe my 12K trailer is just enough weight to make it hot enough to passively regen as I drive and I am all highway with it so not making any soot. Wonder how long until it asks for a regen anyways. Will find out if it does or if I can just carry on forever without a regen the way I use the truck.

Old 01-21-2023, 06:29 AM
HeavyAssault
Cargo Master
Received 210 Likes on 113 Posts
ForScan item: Turn Signal Flash Count Can someone explain the On Until Canceled aspect ??

If I bump the turn signal down to use it as Flash to Pass, doesn't it auto cancel after the selected # of flashes??
To me the ForScan info reads when you select the OUC TRUE you will need to bump the turn signal the opposite way to shut it off.

Old 01-21-2023, 01:16 PM
ZooDad
Received 656 Likes on 382 Posts
Originally Posted by HeavyAssault
ForScan item: Turn Signal Flash Count Can someone explain the On Until Canceled aspect ??

If I bump the turn signal down to use it as Flash to Pass, doesn't it auto cancel after the selected # of flashes??
To me the ForScan info reads when you select the OUC TRUE you will need to bump the turn signal the opposite way to shut it off.
Yes when you bump it it will flash the program number of flashes.

Yes it kind of reads backwards but that is the way the code data dictionary lists it.

ZooDad

Old 01-22-2023, 04:24 PM
B-737
More Turbo
Received 210 Likes on 119 Posts
Is there a way to have the headlight halos (C-Clamps only) illuminated when the headlight switch is on the OFF position?
(how they act when the headlights are in the auto position during daytime)

Old 01-24-2023, 05:08 AM
HeavyAssault
Cargo Master
Received 210 Likes on 113 Posts
So I've been reading up on more ForScan mods. Under the "Police Mode" I'm finding it being called "Silent Mode" which there seems to be different "levels" one can select. See the below:

Additional Silent Mode info:
BCM (BdyCM) | 726-58-02 | x*xx xxxx xxxx | Feat Cfg SilentMode1: 0=disabled, 1=enabled
BCM (BdyCM) | 726-58-02 | **** xxxx xxxx | Feat Cfg SilentMode2: 0=disabled, 1=enabled
BCM (BdyCM) | 726-58-02 | xxxx x*xx xxxx | Feat Cfg SilentMode3: 0=disabled, 1=enabled
BCM (BdyCM) | 726-58-02 | xxxx **** xxxx | Feat Cfg SilentMode4: 0=disabled, 1=enabled
BCM (BdyCM) | 726-58-02 | xxxx xxxx x*xx | Feat Cfg SilentMode5: 0=disabled, 1=enabled

More info:
Silent Mode 5: Straight up police stakeout / raid mode. Unlocking, locking (whether with the keyfob, keyless entry, or the keypad), opening any doors, closing any doors, opening the tailgate, closing the tailgate, etc....no exterior lights come on, no interior lights (mostly)come on, and no beeps/horns sound.
Caveats/Notes to Mode 5:
- When you open a door, the Raptor startup logo sequence still plays on the center Sync screen, then it shuts off. The dash screen also cycles on and stays a black screen, then turns off as well.
- The light blue backlighting on the light buttons above the rear doors stay on, all other backlit buttons stay dark.
- If you click a button on the keypad entry, the keypad lights up.
- If you click the bed light button in the bed, those will come on along with the convenience lights on the mirrors.
- The alarm button on the key fob will still flash lights and the horn.
- Once you turn the ignition on, everything seems to function normally.

Old 01-24-2023, 09:33 AM
CrownedKings480
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Forscan used with ez lynk

So I am new here and I have a 2020 f250 lariat on 37x12.50r22 I also have a tuner and forscan. I guess I was wondering if any has had issues when you use forscan relearn? Meaning it will not wipe my tunes for ecm or tcm?

Plus i used my ez lynk to change the size of the tires due too the speed being off truck speed reads 70 but gps shows 75 performed a pcm and tcm relearn though the tuner speed is right on but now i have codes under the dtcs p160A and U0415 any help would be great.

Old 02-02-2023, 09:40 AM
Buckeye-SD
Mountain Pass
Received 104 Likes on 67 Posts
I set the DPF screen and enabled the auto-regent check box on my 22. Now every time I start the truck I get a chime and a reminder screen that auto-regen is off. I have to OK this screen to clear the display. Is there a setting that disables this? Thanks.

Old 02-02-2023, 09:48 AM
jfcody3962
Mountain Pass
Received 66 Likes on 35 Posts
Originally Posted by Buckeye-SD
I set the DPF screen and enabled the auto-regent check box on my 22. Now every time I start the truck I get a chime and a reminder screen that auto-regen is off. I have to OK this screen to clear the display. Is there a setting that disables this? Thanks.
Nope.
I usually keep auto regen enabled with the check box (in the menu) while the % is below 85 or so, then I turn it off so I can control it.

Old 02-02-2023, 03:44 PM
chadstickpoindexter
Logistics Pro
Received 2,445 Likes on 1,474 Posts
Originally Posted by Buckeye-SD
Nope, but that's a good thing. This is one of those things you don't want to forget about. I leave mine turned off until time to do a regen, so I have to hit "OK" every time I crank my truck. No big deal for me though.

Old 02-02-2023, 04:04 PM
Buckeye-SD
Mountain Pass
Received 104 Likes on 67 Posts
Originally Posted by chadstickpoindexter
Nope, but that's a good thing. This is one of those things you don't want to forget about. I leave mine turned off until time to do a regen, so I have to hit "OK" every time I crank my truck. No big deal for me though.
Doesn't it also pop an alert when the filter is nearly full? I was enjoying the lack of chimes until I turned of auto-regen...

Quick Reply: 2020-2022 Super Duty FORScan Spreadsheet