Notices
Transit Connect 2010+ Ford Transit Connect

2010 Transit Connect no start

Old 07-12-2019, 10:23 AM
beachcamperf250
Senior User
beachcamperf250 is starting off with a positive reputation.
2010 Transit Connect no start

Out of the middle of the blue our 2010 TC would not start yesterday, our driver turned it off to come in and went back out and when he turns the key nothing happens. The display in the middle of the tach/speedo goes blank when the key is turned to start but the starter doesn't even try to activate. It is almost like its an electrical issue with it doing this out of the blue. We have had the truck since new and this is the first time it has done something like this.

I have tried:
Jiggling the key while starting
Jump starting the battery even though its at 12.9v
Gone though the fuses
Forscan is showing nothing on codes, Key on engine off test comes back fine as well as all other tests
Tried the backup key, the security light acts normal
Tried putting in Neutral and starting, moved the shifter back and forth

I have not tried getting under it yet and hitting the starter with a jumper cable to see if it activates, could a dead starter act like this?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: