Notices
2015+ F150 Discuss the 2015 Ford F150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DCT codes P0068, U0284, P068

Old 04-22-2019, 12:53 PM
Gregswifty
New User
Gregswifty is starting off with a positive reputation.
DCT codes P0068, U0284, P068

2018 Ecoboost, bolt-on mods. On Saturday, left my home heading to Ohio early. two hours in, these codes popped up, truck not running right. sputtering, no power, high rpm's before shifting. turned truck off, restarted and everything fine, no wrench on display. Sunday morning, same exact thing happened. left home early, heading to Ohio but not quite same area and about two hours in, BAM, same exact codes!!! turned truck off, restarted and immediately wrench gone.
I read DCT codes from nguage. Saturday was raining pretty hard. Sunday, no rain in beginning but started raining about 10-15 minutes prior to incident. could something be getting wet? truck ran fine all the way home and ran good Monday on way to work. The two hours driving time is kinda weird, could something be getting hot?

Old 04-22-2019, 01:22 PM
JKBrad
JKBrad is a splendid one to beholdJKBrad is a splendid one to beholdJKBrad is a splendid one to beholdJKBrad is a splendid one to beholdJKBrad is a splendid one to beholdJKBrad is a splendid one to beholdJKBrad is a splendid one to behold
Throttle input sensor and grill shutters. Have you changed the grill?

Old 05-08-2019, 06:27 PM
Greg King
New User
Greg King is starting off with a positive reputation.
yes, I have installed Full Race intercooler and removed all of the shutters behind the upper grill. The shutters on the lower where the original cooler was, they are still there.

Old 05-08-2019, 07:32 PM
JKBrad
JKBrad is a splendid one to beholdJKBrad is a splendid one to beholdJKBrad is a splendid one to beholdJKBrad is a splendid one to beholdJKBrad is a splendid one to beholdJKBrad is a splendid one to beholdJKBrad is a splendid one to behold
You will need to use ForScan to disable the shutters so they won't send a code. That's probably tied to the throttle as well and why you're getting that code. Don't ask me what the value are for those, as I don't know. A Google search will probably get you there though.

Old 05-09-2019, 10:43 AM
storage_man
Senior User
storage_man is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
The P0068, is "Throttle position sensor" as stated by @JKBrad. The U0284 is "Lost Communication with active grill shutters", and there is no such code as a "P068".

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: