Notices
2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Theft Prevention

Old 04-12-2019, 03:55 PM
texrun40
New User
texrun40 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by tdc_worm View Post
With the proxy key and haptic lock and unluck sensor, I think that I am going to need to pull a passenger side front handle to use on the driver's side...
I didn't do it myself, but a local shop did that on my 2019. They got an OEM passenger handle with the sensor, removed the lock cylinder, painted handle to match, installed Jimmy Jammer, etc. It all works great.

I have a Ravelco as well. We all know nothing is certain, but as stated above, if a low life thief sees it's missing the cylinder and likely knows it's got the JJ, then sees Ravelco sticker and notices my console and glove boxes are wide open/empty, maybe they move on to easier targets. Maybe. That's the truck we take into to town/city, hence the attempt to have someone move along hoping to notice there's just nothing to take and Ravelco means they can't hot wire it.

Old 05-13-2019, 11:20 PM
Larrymac52
Elder User
Larrymac52 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by rewillia View Post
1. Ravelco installed w/decals in windows
2. Jimmi Jammers with Driver Door Lock Cyl. eliminated & plugged.
3. Too many parked trucks, 99% chance they'll move onto another far less challenging while I continue to sleep at night
4. If not, Insurance Company has a 1-800 number and life goes on.
Without getting into the expense of the
Ravelco which is obviously proven , can you use FORscan on the Ď18 model F350 and add the Police Mode to your truck and keep it theft proof as long as you have the keyFob in a safe place?

Old 05-15-2019, 12:00 AM
Larrymac52
Elder User
Originally Posted by Larrymac52 View Post
Without getting into the expense of the
Ravelco which is obviously proven , can you use FORscan on the Ď18 model F350 and add the Police Mode to your truck and keep it theft proof as long as you have the keyFob in a safe place?
Can anyone answer this with certainty?

Old 05-15-2019, 10:59 AM
Beechkid
Beechkid has much to be proud ofBeechkid has much to be proud ofBeechkid has much to be proud ofBeechkid has much to be proud ofBeechkid has much to be proud ofBeechkid has much to be proud ofBeechkid has much to be proud ofBeechkid has much to be proud ofBeechkid has much to be proud of
Can anyone answer this with certainty?
Found some Vid & chat on this....

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...il&FORM=VIREHT

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/...ok/76-1497680/

Old 05-15-2019, 11:30 AM
Maiden666
Airbus driver
Maiden666 is starting off with a positive reputation.

👍

Old 05-15-2019, 11:57 AM
Larrymac52
Elder User
This did not answer my question. I need to know if the police mode will prevent a perp from starting my truck and driving off. Supposedly, police mode prevents a perp from driving off even if the truck was parked in idle. As long as he doesnít have the key fob. I donít need to know how to implement it with FORscan. If itís 100% effective, Iíll get a friend to do it for me.

Old 05-15-2019, 11:59 AM
Larrymac52
Elder User
Originally Posted by Maiden666 View Post
👍
Consider turning the club around so the key insertion is facing toward the instrument panel. Might make the perp spend a couple more minutes to pick the lock.
I canít tell from the pic, also make sure wheels are turned maxed out and I find it better that the club is about at 10:20 if it was a clock. Therefore not much movement available .

Old 05-15-2019, 12:20 PM
Beast2.0
Senior User
Beast2.0 is starting off with a positive reputation.
This did not answer my question. I need to know if the police mode will prevent a perp from starting my truck and driving off. Supposedly, police mode prevents a perp from driving off even if the truck was parked in idle. As long as he doesnít have the key fob. I donít need to know how to implement it with FORscan. If itís 100% effective, Iíll get a friend to do it for me.
On my '18, truck running in police mode and key fob away from truck, you cannot get it out of park.

Old 05-15-2019, 12:39 PM
Larrymac52
Elder User
Originally Posted by Beast2.0 View Post
On my '18, truck running in police mode and key fob away from truck, you cannot get it out of park.
Thatís what I had heard. But if they had somehow picked up the signal of your key fob, Iím assuming they could easily drive it away. That would be the advantage of the $650+ Ravelco I guess.

Old 05-15-2019, 12:45 PM
Beechkid
Beechkid has much to be proud ofBeechkid has much to be proud ofBeechkid has much to be proud ofBeechkid has much to be proud ofBeechkid has much to be proud ofBeechkid has much to be proud ofBeechkid has much to be proud ofBeechkid has much to be proud ofBeechkid has much to be proud of
This did not answer my question. I need to know if the police mode will prevent a perp from starting my truck and driving off. .
In short- No! Not too long ago the City of long Beach CA hit the news with the fact that their cars were hacked into, basically the same type of equipment (wireless) that the oem's emphatically state they make sure that ONLY dealers have......shut off their car alarms, open the doors, etc. without ever touching the car......this "shocked" them to the point they got the feds and Interpol involved...Ö.. been telling the LEO's this for decades but , just like everyone else, who listens.... HAH!

anyway, no, there is no way short of terminating all wireless connectivity in the car is it possible to even begin to stop a thief from stealing your pride and joy...easily!

Old 05-15-2019, 06:24 PM
NotJustaTruck
Junior User
NotJustaTruck is starting off with a positive reputation.
Install special hidden tazer in front seat controlled by smart phone app and
Have hidden camera in vehicle so you can watch the show as you exact revenge on perp. Hmmm. Could be very entertaining. App could be triggered by camera seeing perp enter vehicle, sends you message on phone you watch video feed of perp doing impersonation of popping corn on your front seat as you hit tazer button on phone app. Lol. Love it. Somebody invent this PLEASE!

Old 05-16-2019, 07:17 AM
BocaIvan
Senior User
BocaIvan is starting off with a positive reputation.
For those that removed the lock cylinder, how can you get into the truck if the battery is dead?

Debating if it's worth the trouble of doing this along with replacing the handle.

BTW, my truck was broken into 2 weeks ago, after 2 weeks of ownership.

2 windows smashed, only 1 broke. 1 door panel replaced. Got the truck back last night after waiting a week and a half for the door panel to show up.
Looks like it will be going back as it looks like all the leather will need to be replaced as the glass tore into it. Frustrated the dealer didn't notice this after they had it for so long.

Back story, was watching Avengers with the family when this all happened at the theater, 3 other trucks were broken into that night at the theater. Thieves targeting trucks looking for guns... apparently they were apprehended 5 days later.

Old 05-16-2019, 07:50 AM
rewillia
Senior User
rewillia is starting off with a positive reputation.
A loss of battery power can be augmented by connecting jumper cables to the starter and a common ground from underneath the truck while elimination of the lock cylinder is solely mitigating the event of a forced entry of which may deter a opportunist type theft more so than a determined one!, i.e. glass breakage as you encountered.

IMC, My 2 wk old new truck got broken into in a well lighted and popular chain hotel parking lot (parked near the entrance of the facility) the 2nd night after arriving in Houston, TX! The "opportunist" thieve broke the door lock cylinder, gained access and rummaged through the glove box, center console and rear sear storage areas (only to find nothing) and luckily for me left the truck otherwise unscathed i.e. no vandalism, cuts, tears or scratches. Must have been a white gloved theft attempt!

My response was to have the door handle replaced together with elimination of the lock cylinder and installation of the Jimmi Jammer plates together with the install of the Ravelco disabler device. All in about $1,000.

PS - when I reported the unauthorized entry to the hotel security guard the next morning, his response to me was "well I'm new here and afraid to go out at night". Go figure!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.