Notices
2015+ F150 Discuss the 2015 Ford F150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

3.0L Powerstroke Sales Data

Old 02-08-2019, 08:05 PM
Diesel_Brad
Post Fiend
Diesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant future
That is GREAT fuel milage. What kind of speeds are you guys driving? What terrain? Ever tow anything with them 3.0s?

Old 03-11-2019, 10:14 PM
AbitaPro
Senior User
AbitaPro is starting off with a positive reputation.
Guys as long as you are happy with your Ford F-150 Diesel Trucks, THAT IS ALL THAT MATTERS!

Keep the information coming, MPGs, Maintenance, Reliablity it’s all good stuff that may help others interested!

Old 05-11-2019, 05:06 PM
mblayton
Elder User
mblayton is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by AbitaPro View Post

Guys as long as you are happy with your Ford F-150 Diesel Trucks, THAT IS ALL THAT MATTERS!

Keep the information coming, MPGs, Maintenance, Reliablity itís all good stuff that may help others interested!
Just did my first tow with my classic car so, trailer and car at about 6000 lbs I averaged 24.4 mpg cruising at 70 mph. When just freeway driving at 80 mph I get 34.1 mpg and get 730 miles to the tank...pretty impressive for a pick up I think, now to get that clunky transmission shifts sorted.

Old 05-12-2019, 12:49 PM
johndeerefarmer
Posting Guru
johndeerefarmer has a very good reputation on FTE.johndeerefarmer has a very good reputation on FTE.johndeerefarmer has a very good reputation on FTE.johndeerefarmer has a very good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by mblayton View Post
Just did my first tow with my classic car so, trailer and car at about 6000 lbs I averaged 24.4 mpg cruising at 70 mph. When just freeway driving at 80 mph I get 34.1 mpg and get 730 miles to the tank...pretty impressive for a pick up I think, now to get that clunky transmission shifts sorted.
I doubt you got 24 mpg towing unless you were going downhill with a tailwind.

This review shows 11.3 mpg towing a 6000 lb boat.

https://www.boatingmag.com/tested-fo...d-f-150#page-5

here's another. This time slightly less than 12mpg

Old 05-12-2019, 01:04 PM
mblayton
Elder User
mblayton is starting off with a positive reputation.
Wasn't a lot of up and down hilly driving mainly flat ground but definitely 24.4 mpg

Old 05-12-2019, 03:14 PM
cullenkyla
Senior User
cullenkyla is starting off with a positive reputation.
I purchased a new loaded King Ranch 2018 diesel. Had no intentions of buying a diesel but the incentives were to good. No it does not have the get up and go like the 5.0 I traded but neither do I. It will do what I need . 24 mpg that is local driving with diesel at 20 cent more then reg unleaded.

Old 05-13-2019, 09:14 AM
matthewq4b
Postmaster
matthewq4b is a name known to allmatthewq4b is a name known to allmatthewq4b is a name known to allmatthewq4b is a name known to allmatthewq4b is a name known to allmatthewq4b is a name known to all
We considered a 3.0L diesel when we were looking but the fact the 3.0L uses a timing belt instead of a chain nixed that idea right there. No way was I going to subject myself to having to replace the timing belt at X milage. This might have been acceptable in the '90s but not today.

Old 05-13-2019, 02:27 PM
johndeerefarmer
Posting Guru
johndeerefarmer has a very good reputation on FTE.johndeerefarmer has a very good reputation on FTE.johndeerefarmer has a very good reputation on FTE.johndeerefarmer has a very good reputation on FTE.
I agree. That's an unnecessary expensive.

Old 05-20-2019, 11:05 PM
Staddy24
New User
Staddy24 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Have you tried to pull anything more than 6000# ?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: