Jan 2019 all topic thread - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
N. California Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: Nighteyez

Jan 2019 all topic thread

Old 01-01-2019, 01:21 PM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader
Nighteyez has a superb reputationNighteyez has a superb reputationNighteyez has a superb reputationNighteyez has a superb reputationNighteyez has a superb reputationNighteyez has a superb reputationNighteyez has a superb reputationNighteyez has a superb reputationNighteyez has a superb reputationNighteyez has a superb reputationNighteyez has a superb reputation
Jan 2019 all topic thread

Hello Nor Cal,

Welcome to a brand new year!

Jim

Old 01-01-2019, 04:29 PM
Modoc
Elder User
Modoc is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Modoc is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Well hello yourself. Spending it horizontal with a migraine.

Not an auspicious start

Old 01-02-2019, 03:08 AM
Fifty150
Elder User
Fifty150 has a good reputation on FTE.Fifty150 has a good reputation on FTE.Fifty150 has a good reputation on FTE.
More wrenching. I do not enjoy it. Changed the ignition coil on the truck. Changed air filter on the van. Just changed the fuel filter on the truck at Christmas. Changed the transmission fluid and rear differential gear oil on the truck for Thanksgiving. Did oil changes at Halloween. What's the next holiday? Martin Luther King? I wonder what I'll be doing on which car. Maybe I'll do something on the bike.

Old 01-02-2019, 12:03 PM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader
Nighteyez has a superb reputationNighteyez has a superb reputationNighteyez has a superb reputationNighteyez has a superb reputationNighteyez has a superb reputationNighteyez has a superb reputationNighteyez has a superb reputationNighteyez has a superb reputationNighteyez has a superb reputationNighteyez has a superb reputationNighteyez has a superb reputation
Well, if you are itching to do some more mechanical work, you can come down here and install an O2 sensor on my Sienna.

Jim

Old 01-02-2019, 12:23 PM
Fifty150
Elder User
Fifty150 has a good reputation on FTE.Fifty150 has a good reputation on FTE.Fifty150 has a good reputation on FTE.
Do you have the O2 sensor socket tool? With the right tool, it should be easier on a Japanese car.

Old 01-02-2019, 12:25 PM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader
Nope, just have the O2 sensor at the moment. Maybe I can borrow one from Autozone when I do get the chance to work on it.

Jim

Old 01-02-2019, 12:36 PM
Fifty150
Elder User
Last Japanese car I changed an O2 sensor for was really easy. Lift the hood, and it was right in front of the engine.

Old 01-02-2019, 01:30 PM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader
Haven't checked, maybe I will get lucky and it be easy to get to for me also.

Jim

Old 01-02-2019, 02:30 PM
Fat Diesel
Postmaster
Fat Diesel has much to be proud ofFat Diesel has much to be proud ofFat Diesel has much to be proud ofFat Diesel has much to be proud ofFat Diesel has much to be proud ofFat Diesel has much to be proud ofFat Diesel has much to be proud ofFat Diesel has much to be proud ofFat Diesel has much to be proud ofFat Diesel has much to be proud of
I've got the fireplace packed with nice dry oak. It was 51* inside my well insulated house this morning, and about 27 outside. The blue oak is 2 years seasoned from my backyard and is burning great.

Old 01-02-2019, 03:30 PM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader
51 is too cold for me. I have the heater set to 68 an that is as low as I will go to save $$$.

Jim

Old 01-02-2019, 08:00 PM
GlueGuy
Postmaster
GlueGuy has a great reputation on FTE.GlueGuy has a great reputation on FTE.GlueGuy has a great reputation on FTE.GlueGuy has a great reputation on FTE.
Our thermostat goes to 60 at night. We like sleeping in a cool room, but much colder than that is a bit too brisk when we get up.

Old 01-03-2019, 12:50 AM
Fifty150
Elder User
Originally Posted by Nighteyez View Post
Haven't checked, maybe I will get lucky and it be easy to get to for me also.

Jim
South-Bound Interstate 280 @ Sand Hill Road to SR 82. California Highway Patrol car on the side of the road working LIDAR traffic enforcement. His speed sensor gun was pointed right at me. Speed limit is 65. I see 80 MPH on my speedometer. I blew past, took the exit ramp, and drove right into the Stanford Linear Accelerator Center. From inside of the fenceline, I saw the same Traffic Officer driving @ patrol speed, as if looking for my car to appear (pop up my head like a meerkat on Animal Planet).

Half an hour later, I'm imbibing an adult beverage, at P.F,. Chang's. I hear this voice behind me. "So that WAS you on the freeway!" Sounded familiar. I turn, and it's a little girl, in a Highway Patrol uniform. "I thought I could find you here, at the bar, and drinking before noon."

"I'm sorry. Do I know you? Take off those Ray Ban Aviators so that I can have a better look. I don't recognize you."

"5150, don't tell me that you're already drunk at this hour. Maybe you'll remember me after I handcuff you."

"I'm 5150. Not Kinky LeatherMan. I'm not drunk yet. But my memory will return with a few more. Care to join me?"

"5150, you really don't remember me? You brought me here once. In that same truck outside, which sped by my patrol car like I wasn't even there."

"Lola! I was only playing around. You look different dressed in that uniform. When did you become a State Trooper? How did you pass the drug test?"

Her name was Lola. She was a showgirl. With yellow feathers in her hair, and a dress cut down to there.

My Lola, now a cop, used to "dance" on a pole in a gentleman's club. Except I didn't know it until it was a little too late.

She used to live down the hall, and we ran into each in the laundry room. Back in those days, she had an old Japanese import. Her "check engine" light was on, O2 sensor was fouled, and she had a smog test. I replaced it for her. She offered to buy me dinner. I figured that since she was some kind of Asian, P.F. Chang's would be good.

You can get an O2 sensor wrench @ Harbor Freight for about $7.

Old 01-03-2019, 01:06 AM
olfordsnstone
Post Fiend
olfordsnstone is a splendid one to beholdolfordsnstone is a splendid one to beholdolfordsnstone is a splendid one to beholdolfordsnstone is a splendid one to beholdolfordsnstone is a splendid one to beholdolfordsnstone is a splendid one to beholdolfordsnstone is a splendid one to beholdolfordsnstone is a splendid one to behold
When I showed up at work this morning it was 5*.

Old 01-03-2019, 10:20 AM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader
Yikes! That is way too cold for me. It is 42 here as I type this, and although I have not been outside yet, I do have a 10am doctor's appointment to go to, so I will be freezing my petunias off shortly. Of course, I could take the Sienna, but then Rudolph my red nosed scooter (LOL) would be heart broken since I planned on taking it to the appointment.

Jim

Old 01-03-2019, 12:36 PM
GlueGuy
Postmaster
GlueGuy has a great reputation on FTE.GlueGuy has a great reputation on FTE.GlueGuy has a great reputation on FTE.GlueGuy has a great reputation on FTE.
The last winter I lived in Minnesota, we had a short stretch when it was -55. Unless you have experienced that, it is impossible to describe. The first time I took my SO back to Minnesota to visit my folks in the winter, we arrived in Minneapolis with an OAT of -20, plus 50 MPH winds. The wind chill was down near triple digit territory. She choked on the air when we stepped out of the terminal the first time. She NEVER wants to go back there in the winter again....

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.