Jan 2019 all topic thread - Page 5 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
N. California Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: Nighteyez

Jan 2019 all topic thread

Old 01-18-2019, 04:54 PM
Fifty150
Elder User
Fifty150 has a good reputation on FTE.Fifty150 has a good reputation on FTE.Fifty150 has a good reputation on FTE.
Some dealers have good service techs. Some dealers have reasonable sales people. Rare that a dealership will have both.

Old 01-19-2019, 11:52 AM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader
Nighteyez has a superb reputationNighteyez has a superb reputationNighteyez has a superb reputationNighteyez has a superb reputationNighteyez has a superb reputationNighteyez has a superb reputationNighteyez has a superb reputationNighteyez has a superb reputationNighteyez has a superb reputationNighteyez has a superb reputationNighteyez has a superb reputation
Happy Saturday all!

Yeah, I didn't have any down payment when I bought the Sienna, just what they gave me for the trade in. So, my payments are higher than I would like.

Jim

Old 01-20-2019, 11:43 AM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader
Nighteyez has a superb reputationNighteyez has a superb reputationNighteyez has a superb reputationNighteyez has a superb reputationNighteyez has a superb reputationNighteyez has a superb reputationNighteyez has a superb reputationNighteyez has a superb reputationNighteyez has a superb reputationNighteyez has a superb reputationNighteyez has a superb reputation
Happy Sunday all! Hope everyone has a blessed day.

Jim

Old 01-20-2019, 02:02 PM
GlueGuy
Postmaster
GlueGuy has a great reputation on FTE.GlueGuy has a great reputation on FTE.GlueGuy has a great reputation on FTE.GlueGuy has a great reputation on FTE.
Wet again, but not so wild.

Old 01-21-2019, 12:33 AM
olfordsnstone
Post Fiend
olfordsnstone is a splendid one to beholdolfordsnstone is a splendid one to beholdolfordsnstone is a splendid one to beholdolfordsnstone is a splendid one to beholdolfordsnstone is a splendid one to beholdolfordsnstone is a splendid one to beholdolfordsnstone is a splendid one to beholdolfordsnstone is a splendid one to behold
A serial killer was apprehended in Carson City Nevada yesterday. He murdered two elderly women in Gardnerville in two separate homes, then entered an elderly couple's home in Southwest Reno killing both of them. Thanks to outstanding police work and cooperation from FBI this illegal immigrant was apprehended in Carson City Nevada at the Carson City Mall parking lot after police rammed his vehicle. This illegal alien, aka "dreamer", terrorized communities from Reno to Gardnerville, and all surrounding communities by walking into people's houses and killing them in their own home. Thank you to all of the diligent law enforcement involved in this apprehension. Everyone can sleep a little easier tonight... Hey California! "sanctuary state" my ***! Build the damned wall.

Old 01-21-2019, 02:06 AM
Fifty150
Elder User
Fifty150 has a good reputation on FTE.Fifty150 has a good reputation on FTE.Fifty150 has a good reputation on FTE.
Outdoor clothing sellers began using softshell as few years ago. A stretchy, water resistant, not waterproof exterior with a fine microfleece interior. Good enough balance of insulating body, breathability, while still resisting wind and water. You're not expecting to use this as a waterproof top layer. Will work with limited time duration exposure to a light mist. Will not hold up if you are actually working outdoors in a downpour. But you can wear it during inclement weather, and it will shield you reasonably while you seek shelter, and don a waterproof top layer.

I first saw these as jackets. Overnight, it seemed like every name brand seller was selling softshell jackets. First thought on my mind was, "why can't you get pants, or an overall bib?". Now I see the pants on the market.

Over the years, my favorite waterproof & windproof top layer is leather. Wind does not blow through leather. Water does not penetrate leather. Leather jackets on the bike. Leather coats in the rain. Leather boots have never leaked (unless poor quality stitching allows water in from the sole). I even have leather wide brim hats for rain. I just will not wear leather pants.

I wore the softshell jacket & pants today. Worked out fairly well with a poncho. Yes, I use a poncho. I want my hands free. No matter what type of outerwear I've got on, I like to use a poncho over it.

My favorite piece of wardrobe is still a Pendleton shirt. Although I may be their very last customer. Since everyone these days is wearing something made of polyester.

Old 01-21-2019, 11:48 AM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader
Originally Posted by olfordsnstone View Post
A serial killer was apprehended in Carson City Nevada yesterday. He murdered two elderly women in Gardnerville in two separate homes, then entered an elderly couple's home in Southwest Reno killing both of them. Thanks to outstanding police work and cooperation from FBI this illegal immigrant was apprehended in Carson City Nevada at the Carson City Mall parking lot after police rammed his vehicle. This illegal alien, aka "dreamer", terrorized communities from Reno to Gardnerville, and all surrounding communities by walking into people's houses and killing them in their own home. Thank you to all of the diligent law enforcement involved in this apprehension. Everyone can sleep a little easier tonight... Hey California! "sanctuary state" my ***! Build the damned wall.
Interesting that this news isn't plastered all over every TV/radio station in the country.

Jim

Old 01-21-2019, 12:08 PM
Fifty150
Elder User
Media is selectively filtered. You only get reports that they want you to see.

Old 01-21-2019, 12:21 PM
GlueGuy
Postmaster
GlueGuy has a great reputation on FTE.GlueGuy has a great reputation on FTE.GlueGuy has a great reputation on FTE.GlueGuy has a great reputation on FTE.
That same day, there were an additional 39 murders committed by regular old US citizens. Which ones would you like to cherry pick?

Old 01-21-2019, 12:35 PM
Fifty150
Elder User
Statistics are subject to interpretation......

Old 01-21-2019, 03:30 PM
olfordsnstone
Post Fiend
olfordsnstone is a splendid one to beholdolfordsnstone is a splendid one to beholdolfordsnstone is a splendid one to beholdolfordsnstone is a splendid one to beholdolfordsnstone is a splendid one to beholdolfordsnstone is a splendid one to beholdolfordsnstone is a splendid one to beholdolfordsnstone is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by GlueGuy View Post
That same day, there were an additional 39 murders committed by regular old US citizens. Which ones would you like to cherry pick?
I would like to stop adding to our own problems by discontinuing the toleration of people breaking the law in coming to this country illegally. Channel immigrants through legal ports of entry and weed out criminals. Check your statistics and you'll find that a huge amount of crime committed in this country is perpetrated by illegal immigrants. At least that part of this country's crime that would be prevented by securing the border, i.e. human/drug trafficking, gang violence, etc. In fact, not only is there an issue with the crime of drug traffic itself, there is a great deal of domestic crime that results from the drugs that are brought into this country across the border so eliminating that element could have a significantly positive impact in itself. I think I'd like to begin "cherry picking" stopping unnecessary crime that is tolerated because of political bantering, i.e. immigration. Then, once the objective is completed, maybe law enforcement wouldn't be so overwhelmed to not be able to address our own domestic issues.

Old 01-21-2019, 03:39 PM
GlueGuy
Postmaster
On a statistical level both illegal and legal residents are LESS likely to commit crimes than native-born citizens. I am not making this up and I do not get my information from Fox (whatever they are). Check for yourself here: https://www.npr.org/2018/06/22/62254...tion-and-crime

Old 01-21-2019, 03:41 PM
olfordsnstone
Post Fiend
Irrelevant. Did you even read my post?

Old 01-21-2019, 03:49 PM
olfordsnstone
Post Fiend
I you had to have your left arm amputated and there was nothing you could do about it, would you voluntarily allow the cutting off your right hand as well, if losing the hand was preventable? How about if saving your right hand might even allow less of your left arm to be lost?

Old 01-21-2019, 05:16 PM
GlueGuy
Postmaster
As you said. Irrelevant. And yes.

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.