Notices
Oregon Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: 892504x4

2019 General Chat

Old 04-29-2019, 01:22 AM
892504x4
FTE Chapter Leader
892504x4 has a brilliant future892504x4 has a brilliant future892504x4 has a brilliant future892504x4 has a brilliant future892504x4 has a brilliant future892504x4 has a brilliant future892504x4 has a brilliant future892504x4 has a brilliant future892504x4 has a brilliant future892504x4 has a brilliant future892504x4 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Seabiscuit-P3 View Post
Good evening Oregon and everyone everywhere else.

Maybe the old Ford needed some of the growl taken out of it Chris....might be easier on your back without it growling at you all the time.

That camper looks really nice Tim. It looks like you have the exact same radio / stereo that came in ours. Carpet trim looks really close as well.

So sorry not everything went smoothly and was not as you ordered it. I wonder how much of that is dealer as opposed to manufacturer. With the price tags on these campers being what it is, I'm afraid we may have refused delivery if there had been those problems. Especially the escape hatch, which is something that can't be fixed by the dealer.

Since they make these in both SB and LB versions, it makes me wonder if they didn't send you the Short Box version.....???

Have you talked to the factory rep yet?
Should make it easier on the hearing and having a conversation.

Old 04-29-2019, 01:42 AM
Seabiscuit-P3
Post Fiend
Seabiscuit-P3 has a superb reputationSeabiscuit-P3 has a superb reputationSeabiscuit-P3 has a superb reputationSeabiscuit-P3 has a superb reputationSeabiscuit-P3 has a superb reputationSeabiscuit-P3 has a superb reputationSeabiscuit-P3 has a superb reputationSeabiscuit-P3 has a superb reputationSeabiscuit-P3 has a superb reputationSeabiscuit-P3 has a superb reputationSeabiscuit-P3 has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by 892504x4 View Post
Should make it easier on the hearing and having a conversation.
In which case it will not be Renee growling at you?

Old 04-29-2019, 07:54 AM
abusek
Elder User
abusek is a name known to allabusek is a name known to allabusek is a name known to allabusek is a name known to allabusek is a name known to allabusek is a name known to all
Morning all.

Old 04-29-2019, 08:00 AM
Sailor_Roy
FTE Chapter Leader
Sailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputation
Saturday #1 has arrived....... 19*F in Montana with snow on the ground.......
Hot coffee and put the furnace to work.......

Old 04-29-2019, 08:01 AM
abusek
Elder User
abusek is a name known to allabusek is a name known to allabusek is a name known to allabusek is a name known to allabusek is a name known to allabusek is a name known to all
Morning Roy, stay warm.

Old 04-29-2019, 08:25 AM
Tim Young
Post Fiend
Tim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputation
So sorry not everything went smoothly and was not as you ordered it. I wonder how much of that is dealer as opposed to manufacturer. With the price tags on these campers being what it is, I'm afraid we may have refused delivery if there had been those problems. Especially the escape hatch, which is something that can't be fixed by the dealer. Since they make these in both SB and LB versions, it makes me wonder if they didn't send you the Short Box version.....???

Have you talked to the factory rep yet?
Good morning Jim and the rest of the Oregon fans!

If the wife and I were not so darn good natured we probably would have left it three.

The camper is the long bed version, just a design flaw!

As far as the escape hatch goes I would rather have the large one but I'm ok with this one but I want the money back I paid for the larger one.

It was not a good experience! Probably a bad omen dealing with a dealer that has Chevrolet in its name!

Old 04-29-2019, 08:31 AM
892504x4
FTE Chapter Leader
892504x4 has a brilliant future892504x4 has a brilliant future892504x4 has a brilliant future892504x4 has a brilliant future892504x4 has a brilliant future892504x4 has a brilliant future892504x4 has a brilliant future892504x4 has a brilliant future892504x4 has a brilliant future892504x4 has a brilliant future892504x4 has a brilliant future
Good Monday morning Andy, Roy, Tim and those to follow.
34 here a little cold for the end of April.

Old 04-29-2019, 09:19 AM
Brown Falcon
Post Fiend
Brown Falcon has a brilliant futureBrown Falcon has a brilliant futureBrown Falcon has a brilliant futureBrown Falcon has a brilliant futureBrown Falcon has a brilliant futureBrown Falcon has a brilliant futureBrown Falcon has a brilliant futureBrown Falcon has a brilliant futureBrown Falcon has a brilliant futureBrown Falcon has a brilliant futureBrown Falcon has a brilliant future
Good morning. Got a bunch of tilling done in the back yard, but the tiller I was borrowing broke about 80% of the way through. Then went and helped load heavy stuff into the big dumpster at my parents’ house. I’ll be helping them re-gravel the driveway on Saturday.

Old 04-29-2019, 10:33 AM
River Wild
Elder User
River Wild is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.River Wild is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Morning all.

Tim - sorry to hear about your issues. I think I would have refused it as well. These things cost way too much that if you ordered it it should be what you asked for. I'd expect some other issues as none of them are perfect but it also sound like the dealer dropped the ball too and they didn't do the PDI. I'da walked for sure.

After the last couple of weeks of hell, we ditched all the work on the place and went salmon fishin instead. I could use a lot more weekends in the boat and on the river that's for sure. Ended up 2 for 3 yesterday but had to release them both. Pretty rare to get 3 chances where I fish in a day anymore but man does that do a soul some good. Wish I was out there all week.

Old 04-29-2019, 10:38 AM
Seabiscuit-P3
Post Fiend
Seabiscuit-P3 has a superb reputationSeabiscuit-P3 has a superb reputationSeabiscuit-P3 has a superb reputationSeabiscuit-P3 has a superb reputationSeabiscuit-P3 has a superb reputationSeabiscuit-P3 has a superb reputationSeabiscuit-P3 has a superb reputationSeabiscuit-P3 has a superb reputationSeabiscuit-P3 has a superb reputationSeabiscuit-P3 has a superb reputationSeabiscuit-P3 has a superb reputation
Good morning Oregon and everyone everywhere else. 37, clear and sunny. Did something to my back yesterday and it is protesting every breath I take.
Have to go to the vet for one of the dogs this morning. Maybe I should pull a "bait and switch", leave the dog in the car and take his place. I'm sure the Doc has some type of elephant tranquilizers that had ought to take care of the back.

Originally Posted by Tim Young View Post
Good morning Jim and the rest of the Oregon fans!

If the wife and I were not so darn good natured we probably would have left it three.

The camper is the long bed version, just a design flaw!

As far as the escape hatch goes I would rather have the large one but I'm ok with this one but I want the money back I paid for the larger one.

It was not a good experience! Probably a bad omen dealing with a dealer that has Chevrolet in its name!
My wife and I are, or were rather good natured and tried not to raise too much of a stink. With the problems we had with a contractor and problems we had with the RV dealer we got our Lance 880 Legends from, we hardened up a bit.

You know, a number of years ago and pre-retirement, I met one of those "dealer that has Chevrolet in its name". I arrested him!

Old 04-29-2019, 02:52 PM
Sailor_Roy
FTE Chapter Leader
Sailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by abusek View Post
Morning Roy, stay warm.
Got warm this afternoon....... 36*F

Old 04-29-2019, 04:17 PM
Tim Young
Post Fiend
Tim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputation
Good morning Oregon and everyone everywhere else. 37, clear and sunny. Did something to my back yesterday and it is protesting every breath I take.
Have to go to the vet for one of the dogs this morning. Maybe I should pull a "bait and switch", leave the dog in the car and take his place. I'm sure the Doc has some type of elephant tranquilizers that had ought to take care of the back.My wife and I are, or were rather good natured and tried not to raise too much of a stink. With the problems we had with a contractor and problems we had with the RV dealer we got our Lance 880 Legends from, we hardened up a bit.

You know, a number of years ago and pre-retirement, I met one of those "dealer that has Chevrolet in its name". I arrested him!
The dealer is Speedway Chevrolet & RV in Monroe, WA. It seems everyone there is really nice. The finance guy is an idiot. The mechanic is a nice guy, I just think he dropped the ball. Must of went out and smoked a joint before looking at my camper and said yeah man everything is there!

I can deal with the camper not fitting in the truck. I don't want to very bad, but if that's the camper I want I don't think I have a choice. I'm confident they'll fix the backup camera. The escape hatch I didn't realize it was the wrong one untill the next day!

They say hindsight is 20/20, but I never seem to learn. Knowing what I know now I should of just left it there, because I'll probably end up taking out back there.

Old 04-29-2019, 05:45 PM
skuzzybucket
don't play well w others
skuzzybucket has a superb reputationskuzzybucket has a superb reputationskuzzybucket has a superb reputationskuzzybucket has a superb reputationskuzzybucket has a superb reputationskuzzybucket has a superb reputationskuzzybucket has a superb reputationskuzzybucket has a superb reputationskuzzybucket has a superb reputationskuzzybucket has a superb reputationskuzzybucket has a superb reputation
I'd take it back and start over. That's a lot of money to not be perfectly satisfied, and money don't just grow on trees.

I learned the hard way with the last dump truck. I hated that truck, and everything about it.
Almost $200,000 of pure hate, and I kept it for a year.
I did make money plowing snow with it to recoup any loss, and sold it to a contractor in anther state that loves it, so it ended well.

Had I bought the truck 10 years ago I would have been stuck, and miserable for the 10 year payment plan.

Old 04-29-2019, 08:02 PM
Seabiscuit-P3
Post Fiend
Good evening Oregon and everyone everywhere else. Howdy Charlie!
Turned out to be a really nice day here.

Old 04-29-2019, 11:15 PM
892504x4
FTE Chapter Leader
Good evening Oregon and Visiting Ford Fans'.
Got into the mid 60's around here today.
Tim, Renee would have told the dealer where to park the camper and I would have had to give her a bad time about size and space!
Rich if you fish the Columbia I can shuffle some stuff here and you park your boat here for a few days instead of hauling it back and forth.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: