Notices
Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New to Me 2003 Excursion

Old 03-06-2019, 06:10 PM
Red_Snow
Junior User
Red_Snow is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by pirate4x4_camo View Post
I can not find the specs for the rear spring rate anywhere on the internet, You will need to call them and ask for the specs, Specifically you want to know what the front and rear spring rates are, not the capacity the actual spring rate.
I will see what they can tell me when I get them on the phone.

bummer about the shocks, those are just cheap IFP’s like the Bilstens I posted the number to above.
In the Fox line you want the “factory race” series 2.0 with remote reservoir.
https://www.ridefox.com/filter.php?f...year=Universal
I'm not opposed to completely swapping the suspension out again, wouldn't be too difficult to sell that BDS kit.

Old 03-06-2019, 07:31 PM
pirate4x4_camo
Post Fiend
pirate4x4_camo has a spectacular reputation.pirate4x4_camo has a spectacular reputation.pirate4x4_camo has a spectacular reputation.pirate4x4_camo has a spectacular reputation.pirate4x4_camo has a spectacular reputation.pirate4x4_camo has a spectacular reputation.pirate4x4_camo has a spectacular reputation.pirate4x4_camo has a spectacular reputation.pirate4x4_camo has a spectacular reputation.pirate4x4_camo has a spectacular reputation.pirate4x4_camo has a spectacular reputation.
Originally Posted by Red_Snow View Post
I will see what they can tell me when I get them on the phone.

I'm not opposed to completely swapping the suspension out again, wouldn't be too difficult to sell that BDS kit.
if the spring rates are in the ballpark then no need to do that, likely just the shocks are not to your liking. make sure the pivot bolts at both the mount and shackle are not over tightened and binding the spring. i’ll Dig up the torque spec in a bit, if they were installed with a impact it could just be the shackle is binding from being to tight.....seen that trick many times, rookie mistake

Old 03-14-2019, 05:04 PM
Red_Snow
Junior User
Red_Snow is starting off with a positive reputation.
if the spring rates are in the ballpark then no need to do that, likely just the shocks are not to your liking. make sure the pivot bolts at both the mount and shackle are not over tightened and binding the spring. i’ll Dig up the torque spec in a bit, if they were installed with a impact it could just be the shackle is binding from being to tight.....seen that trick many times, rookie mistake
I finally heard back from one of the BDS engineers:
  • 003202 Front Leafs - 650 lb/in @ 28" from center of hub to fender
  • 003609 Rear Leafs - 450 lb/in @ 28.5" from center of hub to fender
    • 4° shim for pinion alignment
Looks like Procomps will be worth a shot.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.