F350 SRW CC - Cargo Capacity #3063 & #3090 - Page 3 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Towing Forum > Fifth Wheel & Gooseneck RV Towing
Reload this Page >

F350 SRW CC - Cargo Capacity #3063 & #3090

Notices

F350 SRW CC - Cargo Capacity #3063 & #3090

Old 08-15-2018, 02:03 PM
HRTKD
Post Fiend
HRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Flyct View Post
Here is my weight sheet from Grand Design as delivered from the factory.
I find it interesting that Grand Design provides a left/right weight amount. That would be good information to know on my trailer.

Old 08-15-2018, 05:48 PM
rtraviator
Freshman User
rtraviator is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by HRTKD View Post
Grand Design provides a left/right weight amount
512# difference, I guess since it loads out at 14k, 512 more on the left is irrelevant.

Old 08-15-2018, 06:47 PM
slapshot12
Senior User
slapshot12 is starting off with a positive reputation.
The kitchen slide is heavier, that's why the left side is more. My Momentum is the same way.

Old 08-16-2018, 09:45 AM
scraprat
Postmaster
scraprat has a brilliant futurescraprat has a brilliant futurescraprat has a brilliant futurescraprat has a brilliant futurescraprat has a brilliant futurescraprat has a brilliant futurescraprat has a brilliant futurescraprat has a brilliant futurescraprat has a brilliant futurescraprat has a brilliant futurescraprat has a brilliant future
Nothing that 512#s of Bush's beans on the lite side won't cure and make for an interesting camping trip.

Old 08-16-2018, 12:52 PM
Flyct
Senior User
Flyct is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by rtraviator View Post

512# difference, I guess since it loads out at 14k, 512 more on the left is irrelevant.
That 512# difference grows to even more difference once the fridge and pantry are stocked. I haven't weighed it side to side when loaded for travel.

When loading the basement I load the heavy items i.e generator, tools cast iron hibachi etc. on the passenger side.

Old 08-16-2018, 01:57 PM
backtrack2015
Senior User
backtrack2015 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.backtrack2015 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by rtraviator View Post

So Iíve found a 2018 F350 very similar to yours. It has a CC of 3417. What is your opinion, any problems, safety issues...? The Anderson Ultimate is 35 pounds, the wife and I are 380 and if I use your 2800#, still puts me less than 3417. This particular vehicle doesnít have the 5th wheel hitch prep, so an additional computation will be required.

Thanks,
Tony
I seem to remember the option weight for the fifth-wheel prep package was ~106 lbs (for 2016 trucks). I'm guessing the B&W would be in the same ball-park. I like that 5990 FAWR. I wish I had ignored the Ford ordering guide and upgraded my front axle. The standard 5200# rating is too close to the empty axle load for the truck. It seems like a 1-liter soda on the dash can push you over 5200.

Old 08-16-2018, 06:56 PM
dirthawg
Elder User
dirthawg has a good reputation on FTE.dirthawg has a good reputation on FTE.

After seeing this image and thinking to myself the tires are taking all that force. I could be wrong.

I pull a 6k landscape trailer around town daily and tight turns that put the trailer suspension into similar conditions as the image above are required to maneuver tight city streets and cul-da-sacs.

Last year, first time in 22 years, I broke my very first stub axle. I have no idea when it happened but fairly sure it was in an area of road construction that required many tight turns just prior to pulling over for a quick stop at a shopping center. I didn't know the rear tire was missing until I stopped at a shopping center and was walking back to my truck and trailer and noticed the following.

Please don't make it a habit of making those tight of turns or you could be in for a set of these.

The above image is a standard 3500# axle and 10" electric brake kit, I replaced the equalizer and all shackle straps at the same time since I was this far into the suspension. Total cost of parts above, $350, about three hours of my labor and a welding machine was required to make the repairs. I would assume a 5k axle setup would be more expensive to replace.

Old 08-17-2018, 03:53 AM
rtraviator
Freshman User
rtraviator is starting off with a positive reputation.
Not a problem without the OEM 5th wheel hitch. Just have the Trailer dealer install a B&W 5th kit. https://www.etrailer.com/g-2018_Ford...Rail+Kit&furl= They install these all the time..
You would go with the B&W vs the Ford Factory 5th Kit?

Old 08-17-2018, 05:43 AM
senix
senix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputation
The factory 5th wheel goose neck kit fits nicely, that is the one I would use.

Old 08-17-2018, 11:08 AM
Flyct
Senior User
Flyct is starting off with a positive reputation.
The B&W is the one most trailer dealers install.

I agree that the Ford kit is nicer but would probobly be more than a B&W unless it came factory installed.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.