Need Compressor Experts or compressed gas cylinder experts - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1967 - 1972 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks
Reload this Page >

Need Compressor Experts or compressed gas cylinder experts

Notices
1967 - 1972 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Bumpsides Ford Truck

Old 07-11-2018, 05:49 PM
72CC428
Posting Guru
72CC428 is starting off with a positive reputation.

I have a compressor and I would like to get the large plug unscrewed. It won't budge. Is using heat a no no? MY intuition says no no.

Old 07-11-2018, 11:52 PM
orich
Post Fiend
orich has a great reputation on FTE.orich has a great reputation on FTE.orich has a great reputation on FTE.orich has a great reputation on FTE.orich has a great reputation on FTE.
Is that a drain plug? A impact mite loosen it with on low air sitting use a good tight socket so it don't round it off.
Orich

Old 07-12-2018, 08:30 AM
Freightrain
Shiftoholic
Freightrain has much to be proud ofFreightrain has much to be proud ofFreightrain has much to be proud ofFreightrain has much to be proud ofFreightrain has much to be proud ofFreightrain has much to be proud ofFreightrain has much to be proud ofFreightrain has much to be proud ofFreightrain has much to be proud of
So that is a large air tank for a compressor? You want to get that large reducer out of it? Some heat would work fine. Just don't melt it!

Old 07-12-2018, 09:18 AM
72CC428
Posting Guru
Yeah the little hole is where the drain petcock screws in. I want to take out that large plug in the pic. I just want to clean out any crud in the bottom of the tank. Or should I just leave it alone?

Old 07-12-2018, 09:41 AM
Turbo Dog
Posting Guru
Turbo Dog has a very good reputation on FTE.Turbo Dog has a very good reputation on FTE.Turbo Dog has a very good reputation on FTE.
Probably just rusted in place from the condensation. As long as the tank is empty, looks like you already have the drain out, go ahead and warm it up with a torch.

Old 07-12-2018, 11:26 AM
MIKES 68 F100
Postmaster
MIKES 68 F100 has a very good reputation on FTE.MIKES 68 F100 has a very good reputation on FTE.MIKES 68 F100 has a very good reputation on FTE.
and be sure to have tank "open" when using heat !!

Old 07-12-2018, 12:24 PM
Freightrain
Shiftoholic
Freightrain has much to be proud ofFreightrain has much to be proud ofFreightrain has much to be proud ofFreightrain has much to be proud ofFreightrain has much to be proud ofFreightrain has much to be proud ofFreightrain has much to be proud ofFreightrain has much to be proud ofFreightrain has much to be proud of
Ah, ya, so it's the bottom of the tank(I was having trouble figuring that picture out). That makes sense and I agree, likely kinda rusty and will be tough to get out without heat. I thought it was a end hole(horz tank) and more likely to not be rusty.

Old 07-12-2018, 03:45 PM
CougarJohn
Posting Guru
CougarJohn has a good reputation on FTE.CougarJohn has a good reputation on FTE.CougarJohn has a good reputation on FTE.
Is something broken? Are you trying to fix something that is not?
If not, leave it be.

Old 07-13-2018, 01:21 PM
72CC428
Posting Guru
Nothing broken. Just thought getting any crap out would be good. I think I'll take your advice CJ unless it starts clogging the pet ****. The old one leaked a tiny bit so I bought a new one ( petcock ). Thanks guys, Todd.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.