2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Super Duty Production Halt?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2018, 03:25 PM
davidpacificnw
Laughing Gas
Received 150 Likes on 86 Posts
Originally Posted by Tricon
Why don't you guys just buy one off the lot, you could have your truck tomorrow. Buy the platform you want, e.g. diesel, CCSB, 6.7L, 4x4, and everything else is immaterial. You can add it on later for the most part. Usually cheaper and better quality anyways.

Never understood the ordering and agonizing wait thing. Go get one tomorrow.
Tricon,

Great question. I looked at every dealer out there and couldn't find one the way I wanted it configured. When you are paying 75k for a vehicle, I don't believe that "everything else is immaterial". If I were getting a new 911 for $75k, then yes, you are right, but that's not the case. Additionally, many of us have put down deposits and will have to battle with the dealer to get them back. yes, we all know that not refunding deposits for a non perishable is probably not legal but who wants to fight it.

I've given my dealer the heads up that if I can't get this rig in June to my doorstep, I am figuring something else out. I don't have the luxury of just using my existing TV as I don't have one. If I had one, I'd be totally fine waiting.

Old 05-14-2018, 03:33 PM
Crabbman P
More Turbo
Received 54 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by Rtr2017!
I’m thinking the key sentence here is “unless they extend it out” , (referring to the PCO). I couldn’t care any less when a new truck arrives, irrespective of order dates, factory issues.
An accident (IE a fire) is something that’s understandable. In situations like this, that’s gonna delay a production and/or delivery, $3000 is enough money to make one think twice. Kudos to you both if you’re so seeping in money that a few thousand is nothing to you. ������. Bravo.
It’s a simple statement that it’s frustrating that something out of our control, or Fords control, will ultimately “filter” down to the consumer, losing out on a PCO. Nothing more, nothing less.
There’s nothing dumb about that.
​​​​​​Perhaps some of the great guys on this forum will find and post new PCOs after the current ones expire in July so those that ordered but were delayed have a shot at it.

Old 05-14-2018, 03:34 PM
Tricon
Logistics Pro
Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts
Understandable. Curious what your configuration is that's so hard to find?

Old 05-14-2018, 03:38 PM
davidpacificnw
Laughing Gas
Received 150 Likes on 86 Posts
Originally Posted by Blwnsmoke
Just as I said earlier when someone started calling us names, the F150 is their Bread and Butter and Ford will do everything to protect it first over the SD because they make more money on them (because of sales volume).
As was mentioned earlier, that does not appear to be what's the driving decision as the days supply of F150s is well above a comfort level necessary to get through this parts issue. The driving factor appears to be that fact that the 150 assembly plants are shut down and Ford is paying 90% salary with zero productivity. KT also produces large SUVs, so I presume KT will go OT on those rigs and get the days supply up (I've heard they are both selling like ice at the gates of hell) and when the SD lines restarts, they OT production to make up for the back log.

FSeries sales numbers are a combined number and SDs are more profitable, but when you add in the 90% pay to zero production scenario currently with the 150 (plus all the PCOs tiger issued ), the only logical decision is to get the 150 lines back up and running ASAP.

I get it. I don't like it, but I get it.

Old 05-14-2018, 04:23 PM
toymaster
Laughing Gas
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Why don't you guys just buy one off the lot, you could have your truck tomorrow. Buy the platform you want, e.g. diesel, CCSB, 6.7L, 4x4, and everything else is immaterial. You can add it on later for the most part. Usually cheaper and better quality anyways.

Never understood the ordering and agonizing wait thing. Go get one tomorrow.
Because I'm special, my mamma, my mamma, told me so...

Seriously, what I want would never be on a lot and certainly not at my local dealer. I have found it easier to pay those monthly notes when I get exactly what I want and nothing more. I do not want to pay for what I don't want, it is that simple. My order MSRP is $79,730 and at @$80K that sentiment has even more weight.

I want all the goodies (platnium) but not the sun roof, wasted weight and leak prone for something I have no desire for.
HD suspension
5th wheel prep
PTO provision
Vinyl floor
ultimate trailer tow camera
Adaptive cruise
Roof clearance light
upfitter switches
FX4
bedliner
no extra charge for the HD dual alternators, supplement heat, or block heater
And, in the color I want, inside and out....

Replacing the trans for the PTO option would not be cheap and the floor would not either to a lot lessor degree.

You find me that for $72,698 out-the-door delivered to my hometown and I'll buy it before the end of the month...

The additional $3K would be nice but not worth buying something I do not want.....

Edit: When I was building my order I thought it was funny that all of my must-have options were also options on the Limited trim. It does seem as most care about luxury more than capability......

Old 05-14-2018, 04:36 PM
nico963
Fleet Mechanic
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
I planned on ordering a 19’.I also have a $3k PCO and now that this has happened I’ve changed my plans.I planned on getting a 6.2 but the 6.7’s have been heavily discounted by me to the point I’m probably going that route and getting a better deal.I really don’t care about buying off the lot as they seem to want to push them and I’ll gladly take the offers.It was also easier to find a 6.7 with the options I wanted than a 6.2.

Old 05-14-2018, 04:55 PM
Johnny Mayday
FTE Town Crier
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm really curious as to how long this will go on for. Ford is already doing some damage control, and losing its number one vehicle is sure to put a hurt on the bottom line. Also feel bad for all the workers impacted, obviously.

Old 05-14-2018, 05:19 PM
Tricon
Logistics Pro
Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts
Originally Posted by toymaster
Because I'm special, my mamma, my mamma, told me so...

Seriously, what I want would never be on a lot and certainly not at my local dealer. I have found it easier to pay those monthly notes when I get exactly what I want and nothing more. I do not want to pay for what I don't want, it is that simple. My order MSRP is $79,730 and at @$80K that sentiment has even more weight.

I want all the goodies (platnium) but not the sun roof, wasted weight and leak prone for something I have no desire for.
HD suspension
5th wheel prep
PTO provision
Vinyl floor
ultimate trailer tow camera
Adaptive cruise
Roof clearance light
upfitter switches
FX4
bedliner
no extra charge for the HD dual alternators, supplement heat, or block heater
And, in the color I want, inside and out....

Replacing the trans for the PTO option would not be cheap and the floor would not either to a lot lessor degree.

You find me that for $72,698 out-the-door delivered to my hometown and I'll buy it before the end of the month...

The additional $3K would be nice but not worth buying something I do not want.....

Edit: When I was building my order I thought it was funny that all of my must-have options were also options on the Limited trim. It does seem as most care about luxury more than capability......
Hey, if you are that oddball in what you want...then yup. You're waiting. Either lower your threshold for needs or increase your threshold for waiting time

Old 05-14-2018, 05:33 PM
toymaster
Laughing Gas
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Hey, if you are that oddball in what you want...then yup. You're waiting. Either lower your threshold for needs or increase your threshold for waiting time
I'll wait, patience is a virtue I've been told. I learned Tuesday that my truck was going to be build last week in May and delivered end of June or first of July. Perfect, I thought I win for once, I'll take even a small victory of the clouds a parting and all going even better than I had planned or hoped for. The very next day I learned of the fire......

Old 05-14-2018, 05:35 PM
jbrnigan
More Turbo
Received 137 Likes on 62 Posts
Understandable. Curious what your configuration is that's so hard to find?
This - F-250, Lariat, Super Cab, 148" WB, 6.7L, Camper pkg, upfitters, and two tone paint..... W/O Lariat Ultimate pkg, Chrome Pkg, 5th wheel hitch prep, off road pkg, etc etc etc. I checked a 500 mile radius from Louisville KY........ Even if I would have compromised on the options I didn't want,.......Short bed, Super Cab Diesel Lariats are almost impossible to find.

Old 05-14-2018, 05:35 PM
jbrnigan
More Turbo
Received 137 Likes on 62 Posts
Duplicate post

Old 05-14-2018, 05:36 PM
System
Prolocutor
Received 1,204 Likes on 578 Posts
I'm that oddball and will settle for only the options I want and none of those I don't. So sure, I'd be irritated. I wouldn't however, be this guy...

Old 05-14-2018, 05:54 PM
Boilermaker374
More Turbo
Received 34 Likes on 23 Posts
Hopefully Ford is able to learn from this and make changes to their single source JIT production model to reduce the possibility of a reoccurrence....
Waited 106 days for my December 2016 ordered MY 17 to arrive and some folks waited longer than that, but all was forgiven as I drove off the lot, point being itll be worth the wait.

Old 05-14-2018, 07:26 PM
Buliwyf
Posting Guru
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
JIT ain't going anywhere. The entire industry relies on it.

Old 05-14-2018, 07:42 PM
Boilermaker374
More Turbo
Received 34 Likes on 23 Posts
Never said it was going anywhere just seems to be room for an update or improvement to their current parts sourcing in lite ov the current unfortunate situation.

Quick Reply: Super Duty Production Halt?