2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Super Duty Production Halt?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2018, 11:50 AM
Blwnsmoke
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by davidpacificnw
Blowing

You know how it sounds when you use illogical, or non fact based statements to tell someone you don't understand their logic? I'll leave you to wonder... Sorry, but don't come on here attempting to tear someone down with specious statements that either, aren't pertinent to my situation or are simply silly as a foundational basis for your argument. Not really sure what you are attempting to accomplish with your post? It served no valid purpose.

I can always tell a lot about a person when they use the "you see (sic) angry " line.
Every one of my points is on point with what you stated previously. I am so sorry that you do not like someone giving you valid arguements on your complaining on here.

And once again you seem to like to either attempt to belittle or name call on the forum (now at a minimum, your 2nd time). Great job on being an adult on here. And it is so cute that you can come up with stupid little nicknames for members screen names. I applaud you on that, I wonder if you came up with that on your own ...

Old 05-22-2018, 11:59 AM
davidpacificnw
Laughing Gas
Received 150 Likes on 86 Posts
Originally Posted by Blwnsmoke
Every one of my points is on point with what you stated previously. I am so sorry that you do not like someone giving you valid arguements on your complaining on here.

And once again you seem to like to either attempt to belittle or name call on the forum (now at a minimum, your 2nd time). Great job on being an adult on here. And it is so cute that you can come up with stupid little nicknames for members screen names. I applaud you on that, I wonder if you came up with that on your own ...

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I get it. You can dish it out (which you do often), but you can't take it. As I said, your post targeted at me served no valid purpose. Why do it? For what reason? To see your name in lights? Who knows? Maybe you want to seem smarter than everyone else?

At any rate, it was you who attempted to "belittle" me by stating my comments were not logical because they didn't somehow meet your standards of logic. Too bad. If you don't want it hurled right back at you, then I suggest to refrain from hurling it towards others in the first place.

Old 05-22-2018, 12:02 PM
nuctrooper
Laughing Gas
Received 79 Likes on 39 Posts
Here you go you two.

Old 05-22-2018, 12:16 PM
davidpacificnw
Laughing Gas
Originally Posted by nuctrooper
Here you go you two.

LMAO> Good stuff.

Old 05-22-2018, 01:11 PM
troverman
Hotshot
Received 540 Likes on 264 Posts
Hey davidpacificnw,

Just letting you know...I waited about 4.5 months for my ordered 2017. Granted, I ordered early in 2016 and mine was one of the first 2017's built. But with the fire, in a sense, it is like starting over. That doesn't help you the customer much, but I think in most cases ordering a vehicle based upon a schedule is risky. In my case, I was driving a 2016 diesel. My dealer gave repeated assurances I would have my 2017 by Labor Day...which is a time I needed a truck for towing on my side job. They were so certain they convinced me to trade my 2016 early in August in exchange for extra trade cash because they had a buyer for it. Labor Day came and went, no 2017...I was forced to buy *another* 2016 King Ranch diesel. Then in early October, my truck came in...I traded the 2016 KR for a $5k loss and took delivery of my 2017 ordered diesel dually.

Best of luck to you, hopefully you get an earlier delivery than expected.

Old 05-22-2018, 01:46 PM
davidpacificnw
Laughing Gas
Originally Posted by troverman
Hey davidpacificnw,

Just letting you know...I waited about 4.5 months for my ordered 2017. Granted, I ordered early in 2016 and mine was one of the first 2017's built. But with the fire, in a sense, it is like starting over. That doesn't help you the customer much, but I think in most cases ordering a vehicle based upon a schedule is risky. In my case, I was driving a 2016 diesel. My dealer gave repeated assurances I would have my 2017 by Labor Day...which is a time I needed a truck for towing on my side job. They were so certain they convinced me to trade my 2016 early in August in exchange for extra trade cash because they had a buyer for it. Labor Day came and went, no 2017...I was forced to buy *another* 2016 King Ranch diesel. Then in early October, my truck came in...I traded the 2016 KR for a $5k loss and took delivery of my 2017 ordered diesel dually.

Best of luck to you, hopefully you get an earlier delivery than expected.
Thanks for the input. I understand when someone is ordering a MY that is not even Job 1 yet. That's totally different than ordering a vehicle for the current MY. Not apples to apples and I should have clarified in my post that I was referring to a 2018 MY order, although it would seem obvious to most everyone. If someone is ordering a 2019 while 2018's are still in production and will be for a month or two, it is perfectly reasonable to have an extended wait time for that vehicle and certainly not crazy.

The arguement of easy come, easy go on the PCO is silly. It really is. The one thing I've learned is that people who have money are the ones who have learned how to find, keep and save money and not treat it like monopoly money or some serendipitous event that, due to its ephemeral nature, somehow wasn't real in the first place. Money is money. As long as it is legal, I am quite happy to make it, take it, find it, save it, whatever, so I don't get the argument that I (and other people) made the purchase decision absent of the PCO...Today, it is real money. Is it going to make a difference in my life one way or the other? No. But when you add it with other good decisions I've made, it will.

Have I complained about the situation? Yep, sure have. Does anyone have to listen to it, nope, sure don't. I believe there is a mute button, or people can just not read it. Like it or not, commiserating is a part of forum life. Some people aren't interested in that part of it, so they should not respond, or prepare for an equal or greater retort from someone just as smart or smarter.

I appreciate your thoughts. I wouldn't be jacked about this had there not been a unfortunate near 2x multiplier on my build date (plant down 2 weeks, build date pushed 4 weeks) where others have seen minimal impact. I don't mind peoples thoughts, but some people just can't give comments without hurling out zingers. I have to chuckle a bit at the feigned indignation when someone returns the favor.

Cheers.

Old 05-22-2018, 02:28 PM
toymaster
Laughing Gas
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
David,

If you have found a truck that meets your needs on a lot, I say tell your dealer and they will get the truck transferred to their lot. They will apply your earnest money from the order to the new truck and I'm sure the extra options you mentioned the truck has is less than the $5k you mentioned. Honestly, the dealer does not care what truck they sell you. Everyone is happy.....

Old 05-22-2018, 02:56 PM
Larrymac52
Laughing Gas
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by toymaster
David,

If you have found a truck that meets your needs on a lot, I say tell your dealer and they will get the truck transferred to their lot. They will apply your earnest money from the order to the new truck and I'm sure the extra options you mentioned the truck has is less than the $5k you mentioned. Honestly, the dealer does not care what truck they sell you. Everyone is happy.....
probably can swing even a better deal than your special order plus get the PCO

Old 05-22-2018, 06:23 PM
jnuechte
Tuned
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Can we get this thread back on track. Anyone know if KTP is indeed back up and running?

Old 05-22-2018, 06:40 PM
TJP249
Tuned

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by jnuechte
Can we get this thread back on track. Anyone know if KTP is indeed back up and running?
Appears to be:

Kentucky Truck Plant resumes Super Duty truck production - wave3.com-Louisville News, Weather & Sports

Old 05-23-2018, 08:32 AM
wodster69
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does anyone have PCO they are not going to use or know how i can get one i tried doing the suggestions in the post but have had no luck. My understanding on most of the offers it can be transferred 1 time to a business. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Looking to buy one in the next month. Thanks

Old 05-25-2018, 10:17 AM
toymaster
Laughing Gas
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
Well, the fire and line shutdown does not seem to have affected my build. I received this text in an email from the salesman

"Good morning Leonard,

Looks like things are still on track. Your truck is in production as we speak. The ETA as of now is the last week of June.

Have a great weekend!"

Of course, I have no way to verify this as my truck does not show up on COTUS or forddirect.com window sticker search. At this point is looks like I"ll be able to partake in the $3,000 PCO, which I have to say makes my day/weekend, least till my hopes and dreams get crushed by life......again.

Old 05-25-2018, 10:32 AM
Larrymac52
Laughing Gas
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Well, the fire and line shutdown does not seem to have affected my build. I received this text in an email from the salesman

"Good morning Leonard,

Looks like things are still on track. Your truck is in production as we speak. The ETA as of now is the last week of June.

Have a great weekend!"

Of course, I have no way to verify this as my truck does not show up on COTUS or forddirect.com window sticker search. At this point is looks like I"ll be able to partake in the $3,000 PCO, which I have to say makes my day/weekend, least till my hopes and dreams get crushed by life......again.
LOL “crushed by life.” This is what life did to my last ‘18 F350. It was 3 weeks old with 700 miles on it when struck by lightening on 3/20. My dealer ordered me the same truck the next day. I was told it’s arriving next week. I look at the 3K$ PCO as karma pay back since I lost money on the add ons to the truck.

Old 05-25-2018, 11:29 AM
Buliwyf
Posting Guru
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
"Crushed by life." Hahahahaha. Because the plant is delayed. That's awesome. It's so good to be an American right now.

I just got back from a gig at the KTP. They're up and running. Here's a vid of the main assembly line ('tis a silly place):

Old 05-25-2018, 02:29 PM
SnoqMark
Freshman User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"Good morning Leonard,

Have a great weekend!"

I heard the same thing from my salesman when I called as the line was starting back up, said the Ford rep had been by that day and said it wouldn't impact my scheduled delivery. When I checked this week, schedule slid to the last week of June (2 week delay), my window sticker is visible as of 5/21. When I originally called concerned that the delay could go past the 3k PCO deadline he said they would make a very reasonable request for Ford to extend the PCO and he also said we could do the paperwork as soon as it was in transit instead of waiting until it got on the lot, IF it looked like we'd miss the PCO date. If you trust your dealer, that might be the way to go if it gets close to the line.

Quick Reply: Super Duty Production Halt?