2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Super Duty Production Halt?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2018, 12:23 PM
TJP249
Tuned

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by ELobe
Mine is a order from my company so the fleet site shows it
The fleet website only provides scheduled priority code/week, not the actual day of production. I have also found COTUS to be more up to date than the fleet website order status tool.

Old 05-21-2018, 12:25 PM
davidpacificnw
Laughing Gas
Received 150 Likes on 86 Posts
Originally Posted by Larrymac52

Dealer just texted me and said my truck should be arriving early next week. Which is actually ahead of my original schedule before the shutdown.
Larry

what was you original scheduled delivery date? When was you production date/order date. i think you listed it, but couldn't find it easily.
cheers

david

Old 05-21-2018, 12:28 PM
ELobe
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TJP249
The fleet website only provides scheduled priority code/week, not the actual day of production. I have also found COTUS to be more up to date than the fleet website order status tool.
Its populated on our Fleet company tracking site not fordManufacturer:FORD Order Received:01/19/2018Ordered:01/24/2018Mfr Acknowledged:01/25/2018Est. Scheduled Production:05/28/2018Sched Production:05/21/2018Mfr. Order Locked-in:Start Production:Producedel Paper Mailed:Shipped to Upfitter:Shippedelivered to Dealerelivered:Notified of delivery:Estimated Delivery Date:07/04/2018

Old 05-21-2018, 02:26 PM
TJP249
Tuned

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by ELobe
Its populated on our Fleet company tracking site not fordManufacturer:FORD Order Received:01/19/2018Ordered:01/24/2018Mfr Acknowledged:01/25/2018Est. Scheduled Production:05/28/2018Sched Production:05/21/2018Mfr. Order Locked-in:Start Production:Producedel Paper Mailed:Shipped to Upfitter:Shippedelivered to Dealerelivered:Notified of delivery:Estimated Delivery Date:07/04/2018
Gotcha, but still, those dates are all week of, not an actual date of production. The leasing/fleet mgmt companies pull down from the same data source as the fleet website. Mine was 5/28, then slipped to 6/4. Notice how all the dates are Mondays.

Old 05-21-2018, 03:09 PM
ELobe
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TJP249
Gotcha, but still, those dates are all week of, not an actual date of production. The leasing/fleet mgmt companies pull down from the same data source as the fleet website. Mine was 5/28, then slipped to 6/4. Notice how all the dates are Mondays.
Correct. I am going off the side notes that pop up that say scheduled to week on the estimated scheduled production tab and scheduled to day on the scheduled production tab. Keys in hand is all i believe at this point.

Old 05-21-2018, 03:37 PM
Larrymac52
Laughing Gas
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by davidpacificnw
Larry

what was you original scheduled delivery date? When was you production date/order date. i think you listed it, but couldn't find it easily.
cheers

david
never had a delivery date but build date was 5/19-25. This was when I received my VIn#.
Window sticker showed up 4/30-5/1 so I thought it was happening sooner than the original build date.
And then the fire and everything got tossed out the window. I will actually be unavailable to pick the truck up until a week later because I scheduled an opportunity to see daughter and granddaughter in DC thinking truck would be a lot later than expected.
But even then it will be a lot earlier than I hoped for.

Old 05-21-2018, 03:40 PM
davidpacificnw
Laughing Gas
never had a delivery date but build date was 5/19-25. This was when I received my VIn#.
Window sticker showed up 4/30-5/1 so I thought it was happening sooner than the original build date.
And then the fire and everything got tossed out the window. I will actually be unavailable to pick the truck up until a week later because I scheduled an opportunity to see daughter and granddaughter in DC thinking truck would be a lot later than expected.
But even then it will be a lot earlier than I hoped for.
Larry,

something is amiss, I was just told my new production date is June 9th. My original production date was locked on May 13th (the day, not the week of). That's a 4 week change. Of course, that is not going to work for me. Two weeks of downtime does not equal 4 week push especially when they are working OT. you 100% sure they said delivery?

Old 05-21-2018, 04:45 PM
Larrymac52
Laughing Gas
Larry,

something is amiss, I was just told my new production date is June 9th. My original production date was locked on May 13th (the day, not the week of). That's a 4 week change. Of course, that is not going to work for me. Two weeks of downtime does not equal 4 week push especially when they are working OT. you 100% sure they said delivery?
David:
sent you a pm. Hopefully someone is wrong at your dealer. I certainly hope so. Meanwhile noting my luck lately, I will believe it if I can get it early, drive it home without the doors falling off, and own it for over 3 weeks without any issues. Hoping for better luck for you. Larry

Old 05-21-2018, 04:53 PM
davidpacificnw
Laughing Gas

David:
sent you a pm. Hopefully someone is wrong at your dealer. I certainly hope so. Meanwhile noting my luck lately, I will believe it if I can get it early, drive it home without the doors falling off, and own it for over 3 weeks without any issues. Hoping for better luck for you. Larry
Larry,

Thanks. Not looking good. Guess there are some winners and some losers with this shut down. Some people are reporting their dates moving up, so that must meantsome are going the other way. Looks like that someone is me. My production date was locked. Vehicle was to be built on May 13, now it is June 9th to just be built? Go figure... So, I am walking away from it and I'll have to figure out what to do. Already spending the bank to rent a tow vehicle for upcoming trip. Not going to do it again while I wait. Plus I have the $3000 PCO that would expire, plus another month of depreciation on my trade in. All told, it would cost me over $5000 to wait. Obviously, I'd have to be an idiot to go along with that scenario.

I'll keep you all posted, but not looking good for me.

Old 05-21-2018, 05:19 PM
Larrymac52
Laughing Gas
Larry,

Thanks. Not looking good. Guess there are some winners and some losers with this shut down. Some people are reporting their dates moving up, so that must meantsome are going the other way. Looks like that someone is me. My production date was locked. Vehicle was to be built on May 13, now it is June 9th to just be built? Go figure... So, I am walking away from it and I'll have to figure out what to do. Already spending the bank to rent a tow vehicle for upcoming trip. Not going to do it again while I wait. Plus I have the $3000 PCO that would expire, plus another month of depreciation on my trade in. All told, it would cost me over $5000 to wait. Obviously, I'd have to be an idiot to go along with that scenario.

I'll keep you all posted, but not looking good for me.
if it’s built by the 9th, it should be delivered before July 9. That PCO would help toward the rental cost of a TV until your truck arrived

Old 05-21-2018, 08:21 PM
davidpacificnw
Laughing Gas

if it’s built by the 9th, it should be delivered before July 9. That PCO would help toward the rental cost of a TV until your truck arrived
Larry,

here is the problem with that 1) There is a close match rig 60 miles away from me. It has just a few more options than mine. It has everything on my order plus some, but has the 20" tires, I had 18s on my order. If I wait and my rig doesn't show up by the 8th (leaving on big trip on the 8th so 9th is meaningless to me), and the close match already on the ground gets sold, I am totally screwed (SEE $5000 number above), 2) Why should I pay for Ford's delay when there is a comparable vehicle that will work. Note, this vehicle was not showing in Ford's inventory search when I ordered mine. It was apparently build and delivered sometime in between.3) Ford has moved my order out further and other orders up sooner or close to the same date. Presumably, this is done to maximize shipping efficiencies and minimize the time the rig just sits there at KT (i.e. they are matching my order to other orders that will be shipped here so I am being penalized because of my geographical location). 4) Given that many vehicles (prior to the shutdown) took longer than 4 weeks to get to the dealer, what confidence would anyone have that my vehicle will be here?, 5) why should I have to use my PCO monies to pay for a rental TV while others, whose original build date was later than mine will get their vehicles earlier?

Who would put $5k on the line for a vehicle with a build date of June 9th being in your hands by July 8th? I doubt many knowing what we all know about delivery. For a refresher, folks can go check out the "2018 Time to delivery" thread and see how long some of the folks waited for their vehicle after production. My only guarantee is to buy the close match vehicle. I don't like dealing in ifs and buts. "if it get's built on the 9th", "if it makes it on the train", "if it gets here by the 8th in the morning", etc.

it sucks, and my dealer is not going to be happy, but I'm not in the habit of picking up the toilet seat and flushing $5k down the drain. So there you go.

Old 05-21-2018, 08:38 PM
Larrymac52
Laughing Gas
Totally understand. Good luck with your decision.
I wish that your dealer calls at tells you that your truck is actually being delivered on June 9–not built

Old 05-21-2018, 10:46 PM
davidpacificnw
Laughing Gas
Totally understand. Good luck with your decision.
I wish that your dealer calls at tells you that your truck is actually being delivered on June 9–not built
Larry,

Thanks. Unfortunately, it's with 100% certitude that my build date is that week and it is not my delivery date. @#$% happens. Just hope the dealer understands that it is totally unreasonable to expect a customer to wait 4 months for a vehicle. It's almost silly when you say it like that. Realistically, it should have been 8 weeks. Add two weeks for the down time and two weeks fluff and I could accept 12 weeks. At this point, it will be longer than 12 weeks just to build my vehicle. They stepped in it, but pushing me out four weeks from my original build date is like peeling it off their shoe and throwing it at me.

Old 05-22-2018, 04:04 AM
Blwnsmoke
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Larry,

Thanks. Unfortunately, it's with 100% certitude that my build date is that week and it is not my delivery date. @#$% happens. Just hope the dealer understands that it is totally unreasonable to expect a customer to wait 4 months for a vehicle. It's almost silly when you say it like that. Realistically, it should have been 8 weeks. Add two weeks for the down time and two weeks fluff and I could accept 12 weeks. At this point, it will be longer than 12 weeks just to build my vehicle. They stepped in it, but pushing me out four weeks from my original build date is like peeling it off their shoe and throwing it at me.
I get the camping issue. I have 5 trips planned, 1 every 3-4 weeks with my wife and kids so I know exactly what you are talking about. However, I do not understand some of your logic.

1) Depreciation on an extra month or two is nothing. Adding a few thousand miles isn't going to cost much (look it up on NADA) and if you are trading in, your dealer should honor the original price regardless in the good name of Customer Service.

2) Hate repeating myself but the PCO was NOT part of your original deal, you had no idea you were even going to get it so for that to be a deal breaker is ridiculous. Now if you can get a similar truck that is already built then fantastic, jump on it.

3) All 2019 orders are waiting 4-6 months so sorry, stating that it is crazy to wait 4 months for a vehucle... well.. guess all people who want a 19 is crazy

4) Not that you want to wait any longer, but there is nothing that doesnt say you wont get another PCO.

I get it, you see angry and frustrated but your comments are not logical IMO. I wish you the best and hope it works out with whatever you do.

Old 05-22-2018, 09:11 AM
davidpacificnw
Laughing Gas
Originally Posted by Blwnsmoke
I get the camping issue. I have 5 trips planned, 1 every 3-4 weeks with my wife and kids so I know exactly what you are talking about. However, I do not understand some of your logic.

1) Depreciation on an extra month or two is nothing. Adding a few thousand miles isn't going to cost much (look it up on NADA) and if you are trading in, your dealer should honor the original price regardless in the good name of Customer Service.

2) Hate repeating myself but the PCO was NOT part of your original deal, you had no idea you were even going to get it so for that to be a deal breaker is ridiculous. Now if you can get a similar truck that is already built then fantastic, jump on it.

3) All 2019 orders are waiting 4-6 months so sorry, stating that it is crazy to wait 4 months for a vehucle... well.. guess all people who want a 19 is crazy

4) Not that you want to wait any longer, but there is nothing that doesnt say you wont get another PCO.

I get it, you see angry and frustrated but your comments are not logical IMO. I wish you the best and hope it works out with whatever you do.
Blwn

You know how it sounds when you use illogical, or non fact based statements to tell someone you don't understand their logic? I'll leave you to wonder... Sorry, but don't come on here attempting to tear someone down with specious statements that either, aren't pertinent to my situation or are simply silly as a foundational basis for your argument. Not really sure what you are attempting to accomplish with your post? It served no valid purpose.

I can always tell a lot about a person when they use the "you see (sic) angry " line.

Quick Reply: Super Duty Production Halt?