Painting progress - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Painting progress

Old 04-19-2018, 01:24 PM
Indybeer
Senior User
Indybeer has a great reputation on FTE.Indybeer has a great reputation on FTE.Indybeer has a great reputation on FTE.Indybeer has a great reputation on FTE.Indybeer has a great reputation on FTE.
Painting progress

After almost 8 years of working on my truck, I have started getting it painted. Been taking it to the painter a little at a time since it's a small place. Its not going to be a 10K paint job, but for now it will do.

I also had the vent window frames powder coated and got them all back together.

The bed and tail gate are at the painters now, then will take the cab. After that will be time to start putting it back together.

Old 04-19-2018, 01:46 PM
abe
Post Fiend
abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.
It looks good, Indybeer! And you know I love the color. What is your estimated time of completion?

Old 04-19-2018, 07:08 PM
52 USCG Panel
Posting Guru
52 USCG Panel has a great reputation on FTE.52 USCG Panel has a great reputation on FTE.52 USCG Panel has a great reputation on FTE.52 USCG Panel has a great reputation on FTE.52 USCG Panel has a great reputation on FTE.52 USCG Panel has a great reputation on FTE.
I'm thinking the color is gray, and I like it! The end is in sight. It's good to see a family heirloom project moving forward. Congratulations on the progress you have made. I'm anxious to see your finished truck. It will be magnificent in all of its grayness.

Jim

Old 04-19-2018, 09:44 PM
jniolon
Postmaster
jniolon has a brilliant futurejniolon has a brilliant futurejniolon has a brilliant futurejniolon has a brilliant futurejniolon has a brilliant futurejniolon has a brilliant futurejniolon has a brilliant futurejniolon has a brilliant futurejniolon has a brilliant futurejniolon has a brilliant futurejniolon has a brilliant future
great progress... that 'out of paint shop' feeling is amazing...
love the color !!

john

Old 04-20-2018, 07:00 AM
avf100
Elder User
avf100 is a splendid one to beholdavf100 is a splendid one to beholdavf100 is a splendid one to beholdavf100 is a splendid one to beholdavf100 is a splendid one to beholdavf100 is a splendid one to beholdavf100 is a splendid one to behold
Looks good !! On my desktop a few of the pics looked gray, but on my phone they are green.

Old 04-20-2018, 10:42 AM
Indybeer
Senior User
Indybeer has a great reputation on FTE.Indybeer has a great reputation on FTE.Indybeer has a great reputation on FTE.Indybeer has a great reputation on FTE.Indybeer has a great reputation on FTE.
The color is Glacier Blue. Depending on the light it goes from blue to grey. I was hoping to have it done by first part of May which would be 8 years...but most likely it will be mid summer.

Old 04-20-2018, 11:17 AM
abe
Post Fiend
abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.
Originally Posted by Indybeer View Post
The color is Glacier Blue. Depending on the light it goes from blue to grey. I was hoping to have it done by first part of May which would be 8 years...but most likely it will be mid summer.
It looked Meadow Green to me, but I am a bit biased! I do like glacier Blue. Is that the original color?

Good luck with finishing it. The first part of May is not too far away, despite our cold weather.

Old 04-20-2018, 12:31 PM
52 USCG Panel
Posting Guru
52 USCG Panel has a great reputation on FTE.52 USCG Panel has a great reputation on FTE.52 USCG Panel has a great reputation on FTE.52 USCG Panel has a great reputation on FTE.52 USCG Panel has a great reputation on FTE.52 USCG Panel has a great reputation on FTE.
Sorry, I called it gray--but that's the color it looks to be on my screen. With your truck back together and on the road, you should think about going to one of the Truckstock events this fall. After eight years, it's time for you and your truck to go on a serious ride. It will be an experience you won't soon forget.

Jim

Old 04-20-2018, 02:10 PM
Indybeer
Senior User
Yea Abe it is the original color. I've alway like it.

Jim...not offended at all...in certain light it looks gray. Out in bright sunlight it's almost baby blue.

Old 04-20-2018, 02:14 PM
abe
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by 52 USCG Panel View Post
Sorry, I called it gray--but that's the color it looks to be on my screen. With your truck back together and on the road, you should think about going to one of the Truckstock events this fall. After eight years, it's time for you and your truck to go on a serious ride. It will be an experience you won't soon forget.

Jim
Well Jim, I thought it was Meadow Green. We all have our biases and our preconceived notions!

Old 04-20-2018, 05:09 PM
Marauder2004
Elder User
Marauder2004 has a good reputation on FTE.Marauder2004 has a good reputation on FTE.Marauder2004 has a good reputation on FTE.
Those parts looks really nice and they'll look great when mated together! You are definitely on the home stretch now!

Old 11-19-2018, 10:20 AM
Indybeer
Senior User
It took some time since my painter has been real busy with warranty work, but i finally got the bed and tailgate back. Only thing left to paint is the outside of the cab. Hopefully he has time to get to it before the hard winter weather's sets in.

Old 11-19-2018, 10:30 AM
Effies 56
Senior User
Effies 56 is a name known to allEffies 56 is a name known to allEffies 56 is a name known to allEffies 56 is a name known to allEffies 56 is a name known to allEffies 56 is a name known to all
Indy,
Wow, that is going to look real good! I have never had a professional paint anything of mine. The cab and then your on to assembly! Awesome! 8 years is a long time. i did see one here that 7 years was the average time that most folks take on one of these projects. Not sure I have 7 years left?
Will be watching your assembly work this winter. Thanks for posting your progress. I like the color!
Regards,
Chris

Old 11-19-2018, 10:40 AM
Juneaudave
Junior User
Juneaudave is starting off with a positive reputation.
That looks really good!

Old 11-19-2018, 11:24 AM
CharlieLed
Post Fiend
CharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant future
Looks good...I can see what you will be doing over the winter! Good luck with your build...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Painting progress

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.