No Bueno IDIs - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Pre-Power Stroke Diesel (7.3L IDI & 6.9L) Diesel Topics Only

No Bueno IDIs

Old 01-02-2018, 11:10 PM
Postmaster

Chevy_Eater has a very good reputation on FTE.Chevy_Eater has a very good reputation on FTE.Chevy_Eater has a very good reputation on FTE.Chevy_Eater has a very good reputation on FTE.
No Bueno IDIs

I've noticed this forum is pretty quiet these days. I suppose somewhat due to the newest IDI being 24 years old now there's only a handful of us that are masochists enough to keep at it.
This record breaking winter is probably going to put a few more in their graves too I suppose.
Old 01-02-2018, 11:22 PM
Postmaster

Macrobb is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy_Eater View Post
I've noticed this forum is pretty quiet these days. I suppose somewhat due to the newest IDI being 24 years old now there's only a handful of us that are masochists enough to keep at it.
Oh, probably...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy_Eater View Post
This record breaking winter is probably going to put a few more in their graves too I suppose.
Maby. Or...not:

Got her stuck, pulled her out with a tractor and she keeps on trucking.
More pics: https://imgur.com/a/IJZbB

Oldschool Iron. Just keeps going.
Old 01-03-2018, 01:06 AM
Junior User

'86F350ken is starting off with a positive reputation.
I'll keep at it with my new to me IDI!
Old 01-03-2018, 08:47 AM
Elder User

Olds64 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I've also noticed that the IDI forum doesn't seem as active as some of the other forums on our site.
Old 01-03-2018, 09:16 AM
Posting Guru

jayro88 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I still plan on driving my '88 E250 for another 200K miles. I even have plans for body work and paint this spring/summer.

I already have parts collected for installing the Banks turbo kit I got from Genscripter as well.

Just waiting for the temps to warm up since the van is too tall for the garage.

With all the work/$$ I am putting into the van, when the engine finally goes I may just rebuild it and keep trucking fof another 400-500k miles.

When we thought my wifes mini-van may have been totaled, I was looking around for an IDI for my 16yr who will have his license in a few months. Figured I could get him hooked. Didn't work out though.
Old 01-04-2018, 05:04 AM
Postmaster

hturner12 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.hturner12 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Maybe they are all running so good only a few problems are popping up. Naw that was a silly thought there always minor things and mods to do. Since mine became a work truck pretty much just fix what I have to
Old 01-04-2018, 10:47 AM
Senior User

eraser5 is starting off with a positive reputation.
My 86 F250 6.9 is still running great. The rest of the truck less so. Rust, electrical gremlins,heater leaks, AC clutch shot, HVAC control doors stuck or broken, radio is dead, wiper system is on welfare.

Maybe I need to yank the truck off the frame put a different body on it. Maybe a 71 Chevy body, just to **** off EVERYONE at once! (Those Dodge boys don't count any way. )
Old 01-04-2018, 05:11 PM
Post Fiend

madpogue is a splendid one to beholdmadpogue is a splendid one to beholdmadpogue is a splendid one to beholdmadpogue is a splendid one to beholdmadpogue is a splendid one to beholdmadpogue is a splendid one to beholdmadpogue is a splendid one to behold
Mine's mothballed for the next four weeks; the collector license plate doesn't allow me to drive it in January. Still chasing down a pesky air intrusion problem, and the weather isn't exactly co-operating.....
Old 01-04-2018, 05:15 PM
Postmaster

hturner12 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.hturner12 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by madpogue View Post
Mine's mothballed for the next four weeks; the collector license plate doesn't allow me to drive it in January. Still chasing down a pesky air intrusion problem, and the weather isn't exactly co-operating.....
that sucks. If I let mine sit a couple of weeks it a pain to start
Old 01-04-2018, 10:57 PM
Post Fiend

IDIDieselJohn has a great reputation on FTE.IDIDieselJohn has a great reputation on FTE.IDIDieselJohn has a great reputation on FTE.IDIDieselJohn has a great reputation on FTE.IDIDieselJohn has a great reputation on FTE.
The IDI forums are quiet cause i'm hogging all of them still got like 10 of them. All of witch are stored for winter except for one, but I do enjoy running my Buick as a winter DD than my IDI.
Old 01-05-2018, 08:52 PM
Senior User

mroth2008 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hturner12 View Post
that sucks. If I let mine sit a couple of weeks it a pain to start
I let my 73 internation sit for 6 months without starting. Put the charger on it and fired up beautifully. My crewcab I just started driving runs awsome in the cold always starts. Far cry when I first got it and someone called the fire deparment because they thought my house was on fire it was smoking so bad. I just want a bunch of snow so I can try my winch out.

Old 01-05-2018, 10:43 PM
Senior User

shorerider16 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I find I am just too busy to frequent the forum, but I do check in once and a while. I think quite a few people have migrated to the facebook pages, nothing wrong with that I guess.

We got our first shot of winter so the truck has been busy lately. The old beast is unstoppable in the snow, I love it!
Old 01-06-2018, 08:33 AM
Elder User

thendrix is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.thendrix is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Mine is parked because of a damn VRV. Anybody got a spare?
Old 01-06-2018, 12:02 PM
Post Fiend

KubotaOrange76 has a great reputation on FTE.KubotaOrange76 has a great reputation on FTE.KubotaOrange76 has a great reputation on FTE.KubotaOrange76 has a great reputation on FTE.KubotaOrange76 has a great reputation on FTE.
It seems forums in general are dying. I dont do social media but i keep hearing facebook is partly to blame. Photobucket doing what they did did not help forums either.
Old 01-06-2018, 12:13 PM
Postmaster

My problem with facebook is I like to talk and befriend people I actually know ot have a common interest with, not people that are a friend of a friend of a friend that some person blindly accepted a friend request.

Guess us old dinosaurs that drive relics will continue to live here