Notices
1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best tow mirrors?

Old 12-25-2017, 03:23 PM
Shovelheadrob
Senior User
Shovelheadrob has a good reputation on FTE.Shovelheadrob has a good reputation on FTE.
Best tow mirrors?

Some time back I read a thread about fitting later extending tow mirrors, there was a good source recommended, I thought I had saved it but can't find it. I want good quality & fit, additional wiring for heat & lights isn't a problem. Who's got what & are you happy with them?

Old 12-25-2017, 04:02 PM
Bill Kay
Senior User
Bill Kay is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Bill Kay is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
https://www.1aauto.com/ford-mirror-t...6/i/1amre00381

Not sure if that link works but itís for 1A-auto. $89. A few people have used them and say the quality is fair. Personally I have not seen them.

Good luck!

Old 12-25-2017, 04:38 PM
Shovelheadrob
Senior User
Shovelheadrob has a good reputation on FTE.Shovelheadrob has a good reputation on FTE.
Thanks for that, I was looking at these https://www.1aauto.com/ford-mirror-pair-trail-ridge-tr00019/i/trmrp00019?f=1093552&y=2007&utm_source=ford-trucks&utm_medium=Forum&utm_campaign=1ATony
from the same source but 08 style, good to hear that the quality is good.

Old 12-25-2017, 04:52 PM
F350-6
Post Fiend
F350-6 has a superb reputationF350-6 has a superb reputationF350-6 has a superb reputationF350-6 has a superb reputationF350-6 has a superb reputationF350-6 has a superb reputationF350-6 has a superb reputationF350-6 has a superb reputationF350-6 has a superb reputationF350-6 has a superb reputationF350-6 has a superb reputation
I've used these on both the wife's 01 and the kids 06.

Amazon Amazon

Seems like the newer style has an issue where one of the mirrors has the motor control wired different so up = down when adjusting, but otherwise fit and finish has been good. Both have had them for over a year now.

Old 12-25-2017, 07:12 PM
akcooper9
Senior User
akcooper9 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Stock for me work best

Old 12-25-2017, 07:24 PM
Sous
Post Fiend
Sous has a brilliant futureSous has a brilliant futureSous has a brilliant futureSous has a brilliant futureSous has a brilliant futureSous has a brilliant futureSous has a brilliant futureSous has a brilliant futureSous has a brilliant futureSous has a brilliant futureSous has a brilliant future
Subscribed... I have been wanting to upgrade the stock tow mirrors to the 08+ (rectangular shape) mirrors for quite some time. I have been unsure about the wiring/plug changes is the reason for my own hesitation. Although, I am sure there are write-ups out there. Maybe another video idea for me to get done.

Old 12-25-2017, 10:40 PM
Oldanvilyoungsmith
Senior User
Oldanvilyoungsmith is starting off with a positive reputation.
My truck came with non-tow mirrors. And I couldn't stand em. When a set of OEM tow mirrors got posted locally for $30. Those were the perfect ones for me!

Old 12-26-2017, 09:01 AM
mecdac
If it flies, it dies
mecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputation
Put in your MY/Make/Model and https://www.1aauto.com/ will direct you to the correct option.

I've read about many problems (warped glass, quality issues) on the ebay and Amazon tow mirrors.

Last edited by mecdac; 01-07-2018 at 06:42 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 12-26-2017, 10:57 AM
Shovelheadrob
Senior User
Originally Posted by mecdac View Post
Put in your MY/Make/Model and https://www.1aauto.com/ will direct you to the correst option.

I've read about many problems (warped glass, quality issues) on the ebay and Amazon tow mirrors.
I think that is the source I will use, I like the increased view of the '08 up mirrors & I'm sure that I can sort out the heat and lighting.

Old 12-26-2017, 12:37 PM
Colorado350
Posting Guru
Colorado350 has a great reputation on FTE.Colorado350 has a great reputation on FTE.Colorado350 has a great reputation on FTE.Colorado350 has a great reputation on FTE.Colorado350 has a great reputation on FTE.
I bought mine off EBay, quality was top notch. Both mirrors came to $200, with heat. A year later I have absolutely no complaints.

Old 12-26-2017, 07:07 PM
F350-6
Post Fiend
F350-6 has a superb reputationF350-6 has a superb reputationF350-6 has a superb reputationF350-6 has a superb reputationF350-6 has a superb reputationF350-6 has a superb reputationF350-6 has a superb reputationF350-6 has a superb reputationF350-6 has a superb reputationF350-6 has a superb reputationF350-6 has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by Shovelheadrob View Post
I think that is the source I will use, I like the increased view of the '08 up mirrors & I'm sure that I can sort out the heat and lighting.
You can. It just takes a little time. Some jumper wires with alligator clips make things even easier as they're quick to move around, and you can just lay the mirror on the seat and have easy access to the wiring in the door.

Old 12-26-2017, 07:36 PM
petrokiller
Elder User
petrokiller has a great reputation on FTE.petrokiller has a great reputation on FTE.petrokiller has a great reputation on FTE.petrokiller has a great reputation on FTE.petrokiller has a great reputation on FTE.
I replaced my sport mirrors with tow from 1Aauto.
Real happy for the money spent.
Came with an adapter for wiring too. Cant remember if i used it or not.

Mine are just power and going strong after 3+yrs.

Old 12-26-2017, 07:40 PM
ff lc freak
Junior User
ff lc freak is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by Shovelheadrob View Post
Thanks for that, I was looking at these https://www.1aauto.com/ford-mirror-p...ampaign=1ATony
from the same source but 08 style, good to hear that the quality is good.
Those are the ones I purchased, and I absolutely love them. If I remember right, they came with the pigtail to hook up to my harness. My truck didn't have the heat or light option, and I never bothered trying to hook that stuff up. But the mirrors themselves are awesome. I originally bought them for a 99 F250 V10 that I had, but I liked them so well, I swapped them out before I traded that truck in for my 7.3. Well worth the money in my opinion.

Old 01-02-2018, 04:58 PM
M-S-G
Senior User
M-S-G is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.M-S-G is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I bought these and they are not very good. Rattle like crazy, way worse than my 17yo stock mirrors

Amazon Amazon

Old 01-03-2018, 06:29 AM
Tugly
Post Fiend
Tugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputation
Now if you were to ask this question of a Dodge guy....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Best tow mirrors?

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.