Remote Keyless Entry Issues - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ranger & B-Series All Ford Ranger and Mazda B-Series models

Remote Keyless Entry Issues

Old 12-05-2017, 06:25 PM
New User

leothemoon is starting off with a positive reputation.
Remote Keyless Entry Issues

Hey guys, this is my first time posting here so I'm not quite sure if this is the correct thread to post in. My ranger has always had issues with the keyless entry since I got it in 2014 but I've been noticing how my range has slowly gone down since. Now it won't unlock, lock, or switch the alarm on when I use it. I've changed the batteries, tried to reprogram main and spare key fobs, as well as a brand new key fob but nothing worked. What do you guys think is the issue?

Last edited by leothemoon; 12-05-2017 at 06:41 PM. Reason: Issue fixed
Old 12-05-2017, 10:20 PM

pawpaw is a splendid one to beholdpawpaw is a splendid one to beholdpawpaw is a splendid one to beholdpawpaw is a splendid one to beholdpawpaw is a splendid one to beholdpawpaw is a splendid one to beholdpawpaw is a splendid one to behold
Welcome to FTE.
Use, or come by the ELM scan tool running FORScan diagnostic software on the viewing device of your choice as discussed here https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...-scantool.html as it can scan All of the vehicle computer controllers including the GEM body controller that might be storing trouble code clues for the remote entry system that could help focus your trouble shoot. Post All set, or pending trouble code Numbers it finds.
Old 12-07-2017, 02:11 AM

pawpaw is a splendid one to beholdpawpaw is a splendid one to beholdpawpaw is a splendid one to beholdpawpaw is a splendid one to beholdpawpaw is a splendid one to beholdpawpaw is a splendid one to beholdpawpaw is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by leothemoon View Post
Hey guys, this is my first time posting here so I'm not quite sure if this is the correct thread to post in. My ranger has always had issues with the keyless entry since I got it in 2014 but I've been noticing how my range has slowly gone down since. Now it won't unlock, lock, or switch the alarm on when I use it. I've changed the batteries, tried to reprogram main and spare key fobs, as well as a brand new key fob but nothing worked. What do you guys think is the issue?
Well leothemoon I see you edited your first post to say you found & fixed the remote entry problem, way to go. Care to share your findings with the forum, 70 curious minds would like to know!!!