2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Break in Last Week

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2017, 05:11 PM
rick danger
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Heroin addict....Big problem by me.

Old 09-25-2017, 06:01 PM
Timberwolf2017
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2 schools of thought on this. If you lock, they can smash a window, happened to me, $1700 damage to my truck(not new F250), they got nothing. If I had left unlocked, probably would have been no damage.

Old 09-25-2017, 10:52 PM
jm-bc
Junior User
Originally Posted by Timberwolf2017
2 schools of thought on this. If you lock, they can smash a window, happened to me, $1700 damage to my truck(not new F250), they got nothing. If I had left unlocked, probably would have been no damage.
If you lock the doors with the fob, unlock the door with the key, and then leave the alarm will go off shortly after the door is opened.

Old 09-26-2017, 12:38 AM
f350ktm
More Turbo
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by LiquidSteam
Agreed. I need to get into that habit. I grew up in a small farm town and never locked doors on cars or our house.
Interesting you mention this.
I have been living in this relatively small community for 37 yrs. The first 15 of that I never locked my house, even when gone on vacation. Never took the keys out of my truck unless traveling out of town.

Now I have alarms and security cameras at home and office. Everything gets secured each evening, we even lock the car in the locked and alarmed garage. Pot growers are all over the foothills around us here and we even had a meth house busted just a half mile away. The heavy tree cover hides a lot I guess.

We are told by our Sheriff that a call for assistance may take 20 to 30 minutes so we have followed his recommendation and taken measures to secure and protect ourselves.

As remarkable a comment as this is on society my faith in it remains undiminished. In my view the core of strength that formed this country yet remains.

Old 09-26-2017, 05:36 AM
dhawken
Freshman User
Originally Posted by f350ktm
Interesting you mention this.
I have been living in this relatively small community for 37 yrs. The first 15 of that I never locked my house, even when gone on vacation. Never took the keys out of my truck unless traveling out of town.

Now I have alarms and security cameras at home and office. Everything gets secured each evening, we even lock the car in the locked and alarmed garage. Pot growers are all over the foothills around us here and we even had a meth house busted just a half mile away. The heavy tree cover hides a lot I guess.

We are told by our Sheriff that a call for assistance may take 20 to 30 minutes so we have followed his recommendation and taken measures to secure and protect ourselves.

As remarkable a comment as this is on society my faith in it remains undiminished. In my view the core of strength that formed this country yet remains.
We also live in the country outside a very small community. While things aren't as bad here as you describe, we've got a similar response time from emergency teams. Wife called an ambulance one day and then called me at work to inform me of the situation. I raced home, takes about 30 mins, and beat the ambulance by 10 minutes. Police response is similar, so we do what we gotta do prep wise: "When you have seconds to live, the police are just minutes away".

Old 09-26-2017, 07:16 AM
LiquidSteam
Posting Guru
Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Stroking along
What do you mean "he would have hit the mother load had he opened that compartment'?
You don't keep your fob there do you?

No not the fob. Just another item I had forgotten about. After the incident when I was purging my truck of all personal effects and such I realized I had put something irreplaceable in the lower compartment. Won't be making that mistake again.

Old 09-26-2017, 12:11 PM
KubotaOrange76
Its Comin Right for us!
Received 1,441 Likes on 937 Posts
Glad no damage was done and nothing was taken! Nothing pisses me off more than a thief!
I agree with everyone on locking your doors, Also be mindful of where you keep your Key fob on your person. I never ever ever leave my truck un-locked or windows even cracked.

But..

I had a handgun, three magazines and a rifle in a case stolen from my truck in broad daylight in a crowded restaurant parking lot about a month ago. I was working on the patio( overseeing a renovation) within 30-40 yards of my truck with the broad side facing me. Apparently my pocket triggered the global window open unbeknowst to me until i went to get in my truck to leave i noticed windows down and towel thrown off my center console, which i thought to myself, must have been the wind.

About 2 hours down the road i realized the guns were missing, probably already pawned at that point but i still went through the motions to file police report with Ser. #'s so they are flagged. still makes me sick, but im thankful they didnt take the laptop, makita set, knives and a few other valuables.

Old 08-22-2019, 02:45 AM
LiquidSteam
Posting Guru
Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts
Update to this story.

Gave the Police a high res copy of the video and nothing ever came of it. We did find my neighbors purse down the street the following spring (after snowmelt). The contents had been burned and left behind for some reason. I only knew it was hers because the license was only 50% destroyed lol weird.

I had been thinking about putting a security contact in the truck and ended up deciding against it because I just knew I would open the doors before turning off the security system some day and wake up the whole family. So that was no go for me. I ended up putting a wireless cloud based camera in the truck so at least I'll have a better video of the thief if it happens again.