Sponsored by: DP Tuner

*** The Official Superduty Morning Coffee Thread ***

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2021, 06:37 AM
FordTruckNoob
Identifies as He/Him/Noob
Received 2,948 Likes on 1,949 Posts
Originally Posted by SkySkiJason

I see you had to disconnect the up pipe.

Old 04-16-2021, 06:40 AM
FordTruckNoob
Originally Posted by Colorado350
I wanted a way to move trailers around without using the truck. If I had a skid steer I’d simply drill a 1 1/8” hole through a fork but because I have the CAT loader visibility becomes an issue. So I made an attachment that extends far enough that I can see the ball from the cab. It simply slides on the fork and tightens at three points no tools needed. I have a 2” and 2 5/16” ***** added a D ring mount for overhead lifting too.
‘The loader provides the ability to move a trailer easier, with better visibility and in a smaller area too. I moved my Gooseneck around and even hooked up to my Fifth wheel (Andersen hitch) and moved it around without issues. It’s easier to hook up than the truck too.
Beautiful work as always John. My local tool rental place has something like that to move all their trailers around with their forklift too.

Old 04-16-2021, 06:42 AM
FordTruckNoob
Originally Posted by RacinJasonWV
Nice work! That looks real handy to have around.

Last weekend I took some time to clean up the SXS and use the 303 protectant Sous recommended(sorry, just found the time to share the photos). I had previously trialed in a couple areas but couldn’t do the whole thing until after a wash. I must say the treated areas seemed to wash off easier as was my goal. Did all the plastic/rubber and even waxed the rollbars. Again, goal is easy cleanup.

Also thinking of taking it by the dealer while it’s cleaned up so they can give me a trade in estimate. I bought this used but almost new last summer but really wanted the 1000-5 instead of the 700-4. After using it a while I still want the “bigger” buggy mostly for the 3 extra gears and turf axle setting. Trying to not spend any more money on this one since I’d ultimately like to upgrade. These things are hard to buy around here so I should get a decent trade in. The guy at the shop said “yeah we’re supposed to get ONE next month.”

Anyhow, thanks Mr. Sous for the protectant recommendation.
And no, I didn’t do the tire tread.

Put a 363/68 in that bad boy!

Old 04-16-2021, 06:50 AM
sjbj
Laughing Gas
Received 95 Likes on 58 Posts
Originally Posted by RacinJasonWV
Nice work! That looks real handy to have around.

Last weekend I took some time to clean up the SXS and use the 303 protectant Sous recommended(sorry, just found the time to share the photos). I had previously trialed in a couple areas but couldn’t do the whole thing until after a wash. I must say the treated areas seemed to wash off easier as was my goal. Did all the plastic/rubber and even waxed the rollbars. Again, goal is easy cleanup.

Also thinking of taking it by the dealer while it’s cleaned up so they can give me a trade in estimate. I bought this used but almost new last summer but really wanted the 1000-5 instead of the 700-4. After using it a while I still want the “bigger” buggy mostly for the 3 extra gears and turf axle setting. Trying to not spend any more money on this one since I’d ultimately like to upgrade. These things are hard to buy around here so I should get a decent trade in. The guy at the shop said “yeah we’re supposed to get ONE next month.”

Anyhow, thanks Mr. Sous for the protectant recommendation.
And no, I didn’t do the tire tread.

Nice looking Pioneer Jason. I was seriously contemplating one of these when I was shopping for SxS's. I too wanted the 1000-5, but ultimately couldn't afford it at the time and opted for more seating with my Defender Max. I will have to look into this 303 cleaner/protectant you guys mention.

I'm jealous. Just looking at that view out your garage, that looks like some beautiful country.....

Last edited by sjbj; 04-16-2021 at 06:53 AM.
Old 04-16-2021, 06:51 AM
SkySkiJason
Hotshot
Received 1,922 Likes on 1,155 Posts
Originally Posted by FordTruckNoob
I see you had to disconnect the up pipe.
Yes. It was still hard AF, but that extra 1/2” or so made it possible. Same thing on the other side.

Almost finished with this Vegistroke install! Got the F650 dash cut for system switches, OLED monitor, fuel pressure and fuel level gauges. Going down to paint it now!

Old 04-16-2021, 07:25 AM
Wes444
Logistics Pro
Received 1,138 Likes on 650 Posts
Going down to paint it now!
Wait, what? You plan on painting something? Need some pointers?

Old 04-16-2021, 08:45 AM
Ridedan2
More Turbo
Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts
Woke up to a inch or 2 of snow this morning, made some coffee and started to catch up on FTE reading, wow a lot of discussion. Off to clean the garage, well overdue. Have a great day all.

Old 04-16-2021, 09:01 AM
FordTruckNoob
Going down to paint it now!

Do you wear a gas mask when you paint stuff? If not, I think I know why you like to paint stuff so much.

Old 04-16-2021, 09:27 AM
Colorado350
Postmaster
Received 119 Likes on 84 Posts
We had a Spring storm last night. We got some descent snow but a LOT of ice too.

Old 04-16-2021, 10:16 AM
Sous
Fleet Owner
Received 4,472 Likes on 2,856 Posts
I received the longer bolts for the Morryde wet bolt kit after ordering the wrong ones. @ArmyLifer was here last Saturday to help me install the kit.

Due to my error, we could only complete 2/3 the job. I FINALLY finished installing the kit this morning and now the truck and 5th wheel are ready to roll out west.

I was wishing that Eric was here to help me out as the job is not bad with one person, but much easier with two. He went to visit Sandra though and got some snow last night. So, I think I got the better weather at least.

Great day so far, now off to trim back bushes and shrubs for the season.

Wet bolt and brass bushing installed in Correct Track spring hangers.

Old bolt snd plastic bushing on right, new bolt and bushing on left.

Old 04-16-2021, 04:39 PM
SkySkiJason
Hotshot
Originally Posted by Wes444
Wait, what? You plan on painting something? Need some pointers?
You have some pointers????

Do you wear a gas mask when you paint stuff? If not, I think I know why you like to paint stuff so much.
Yeah, my old job required respirators/SCBA’s and I had to pass a medical respirator fit test. This meant ‘clean shave’. Well, I kinda just quit shaving because I did not have to.......

Respirators do not seal if you have facial hair. It’s a waste of time. Kinda like a ‘face covering’ preventing the spread of germs.

Meanwhile, I pretty exclusively paint outdoors and avoid inhaling chemicals at all cost. My liver has suffered enough without that.

I modify the OLED display unit by routing the wire out of the back of the unit so I can flush mount the display in the F650 dash. The display uses a USB cable that goes to the controller. I cut the small end off USB and run it through the back of the display. Like this:

Old 04-16-2021, 07:36 PM
mecdac
Lead Driver
Received 129 Likes on 97 Posts
Talking Story of two FORDS and a Bobcat...but not the Mercury Bobcat

A crazy :46 seconds...

https://jalopnik.com/this-fearless-f...s-o-1846698999

Old 04-16-2021, 08:13 PM
RacinJasonWV
Lead Driver
Received 1,632 Likes on 1,148 Posts
Put a 363/68 in that bad boy!
Didn’t you see where I wanted to wait for a 1000-5 instead of sinking any more money into this buggy?

Originally Posted by sjbj
Nice looking Pioneer Jason. I was seriously contemplating one of these when I was shopping for SxS's. I too wanted the 1000-5, but ultimately couldn't afford it at the time and opted for more seating with my Defender Max. I will have to look into this 303 cleaner/protectant you guys mention.

I'm jealous. Just looking at that view out your garage, that looks like some beautiful country.....
Yes money was one reason we opted for the 700, but more importantly it was the one I found. Bought with like 270 miles and more than 3 years left on the warranty. Has 800 now 8 months later. It works fine, but leaves a bit to be desired which the 1000 corrects. Stopped by the dealer today. He said their list goes out to August...

Thanks for the nice words about the countryside. We like it here. As the saying goes, Almost Heaven West Virginia.

Old 04-16-2021, 10:00 PM
Ridedan2
More Turbo
Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by mecdac

what a joke

Old 04-16-2021, 10:11 PM
SkySkiJason
Hotshot

Sometimes ya make a mess to clean things up!

Quick Reply: *** The Official Superduty Morning Coffee Thread ***