Sponsored by: DP Tuner

*** The Official Superduty Morning Coffee Thread ***

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2021, 08:11 AM
Dan V
Lead Driver
Received 584 Likes on 379 Posts
Originally Posted by KubotaOrange76
Maybe Im the only one, but why plant plants in your yard, or fertilize your yard. That just means more work
Because if I have to cut grass anyway....I'm going to cut nice grass.

Old 04-06-2021, 08:31 AM
RacinJasonWV
Lead Driver
Received 1,626 Likes on 1,145 Posts
Originally Posted by KubotaOrange76
Maybe Im the only one, but why plant plants in your yard, or fertilize your yard. That just means more work
We built 5 years ago so the grass is still working its way to being healthy. The soil in our area is mostly just red clay so it needs some help. The top soil layer wasn’t real thick.

I only fertilize around the house. We want the grass very healthy there because it gets tractor, ATV, SXS traffic heading back into our woods. Also the thicker it is the less “mud” we have to deal with.

I don’t mind mowing right around the house very frequently, but don’t think I’m crazy enough to fertilize the other 10 acres or so that we mow.

Originally Posted by Dan V
Because if I have to cut grass anyway....I'm going to cut nice grass.

Well spring is upon us. Felt nice to be outside yesterday evening doing some yard work. We had a fairly large pine tree fall in the pond over the winter so last night was spent cutting and dragging it out. It was big enough to make the tractor grunt and need pulled out in 2 sections. Then picking up various fallen limbs behind the pond. We have too many trees.

I’m not a fan of pine trees. All they are good for is falling in the pond or across fences...

This photo is from a few weeks ago (already posted here I think) but felt it was worth showing so you get a visual of what I’m talking about.

Old 04-06-2021, 08:45 AM
Linejudgemick
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's that time, I spent a good deal of time sharpening the blades, changing the oil and filters in the engine and hydro's (man those filters are expensive) on my Arien Apex ZTR this weekend.

Old 04-06-2021, 10:25 AM
Sous
Fleet Owner
Received 4,466 Likes on 2,855 Posts
Done with the truck for today as I have some other projects going in at the same time. Although, Kate decided to set up next to our small creek to do some painting. So, I decided to join her for a bit before going back to work on projects.

Old 04-06-2021, 11:08 AM
ArmyLifer
Fleet Mechanic
Received 135 Likes on 84 Posts
Originally Posted by Bonanza35
So you decided to install the turbo. Good for you. Can't wait for the review. On the trailer bolts, for some reason I was thinking you were doing the shock system to. I have three axles and was wondering how much different the rubber shock bumpers are between the axles. Here's to a late Happy Easter to all also! Was at my son's house for Easter and we all had a great time. Grand kids always love holidays, and yes, He Has Risen!
@Bonanza35 I installed shocks on my trailer last fall and then added the absorber equalizers (MorRyde CRE3000) a few weeks ago. Unfortunately I can’t tell you what the equalizer upgrade by themselves did because the shocks were already there. The combo is pretty good at taming the roads bumps though. I can tell a difference towing and things inside the trailer definitely stay in place better. Hopefully these upgrades will allow out trailer to live a few years longer!

I would have replied sooner but I managed to fumble my phone into a public urinal on Sunday. 36 hours in a bag of rice and some serious decontamination seems to have done the trick!

Old 04-06-2021, 11:25 AM
FordTruckNoob
Identifies as He/Him/Noob
Received 2,937 Likes on 1,942 Posts
Originally Posted by ArmyLifer
I would have replied sooner but I managed to fumble my phone into a public urinal on Sunday. 36 hours in a bag of rice and some serious decontamination seems to have done the trick!
EWWWWW!! Sorry Eric, no amount of decontamination would satisfy the germophobe in me. That phone is shoot-into-space-attached-to-a-nuclear-bomb fodder as far as I’m concerned.

Old 04-06-2021, 11:39 AM
Sous
Fleet Owner
Received 4,466 Likes on 2,855 Posts
Originally Posted by FordTruckNoob
EWWWWW!! Sorry Eric, no amount of decontamination would satisfy the germophobe in me. That phone is shoot-into-space-attached-to-a-nuclear-bomb fodder as far as I’m concerned.
It is an iPhone, so no real loss there if it had been shot into space...

Old 04-06-2021, 11:57 AM
RacinJasonWV
Lead Driver
Dude, that text can wait...

Old 04-06-2021, 12:06 PM
FordTruckNoob
Originally Posted by Sous
It is an iPhone, so no real loss there if it had been shot into space...
Or strapped to any Starship attempting a landing......

Originally Posted by RacinJasonWV
Dude, that text can wait...
New safety slogan: “Friends don’t let friends pee & text.”

Old 04-06-2021, 12:56 PM
ArmyLifer
Fleet Mechanic
Received 135 Likes on 84 Posts
New safety slogan: “Friends don’t let friends pee & text.”
No texting involved. Because of my semi-germaphobeness, I didn’t want to put anything on the counter. It was tucked under my arm, along with a bunch of other stuff. Picture a gym locker room with no pockets or gym bag. In hindsight, the counter looks pretty good.

Old 04-06-2021, 01:44 PM
FordTruckNoob
No texting involved. Because of my semi-germaphobeness, I didn’t want to put anything on the counter. It was tucked under my arm, along with a bunch of other stuff. Picture a gym locker room with no pockets or gym bag. In hindsight, the counter looks pretty good.
No pockets. So you were...... nekkid? (Please Lord let the answer be no.)

You're not helping your case here buddy.

Old 04-06-2021, 02:10 PM
z31freakify
Hotshot
Received 1,189 Likes on 817 Posts
Hope you get a laugh like I did.

Old 04-06-2021, 02:13 PM
ESwift
cncfab
Received 1,614 Likes on 957 Posts
Took today to assemble a trampoline for the kiddos, should be a good surprise for themwhen they get home from school. (Still need to finish playhouse seen in backround... Only been a year lol)
Took about 2 hours and just drove around the area showing my wife some of the bigger jobs I have done. Nice to just hang out for a bit.
Also did some touchup paint on the centurion paint on the bed of the truck. Nothing fancy, just enough to look decent at a distance, will have whole truck painted, identical to what it is now, maybe in a year or two...

Old 04-06-2021, 02:51 PM
RacinJasonWV
Lead Driver
I can’t picture you in stretchy pants... thank goodness.

Not sure I own anything without pockets, which leads into FTN’s question.

No pockets. So you were...... nekkid? (Please Lord let the answer be no.)

You're not helping your case here buddy.

Old 04-06-2021, 03:03 PM
Wes444
Logistics Pro
Received 1,135 Likes on 647 Posts
Originally Posted by Linejudgemick
It's that time, I spent a good deal of time sharpening the blades, changing the oil and filters in the engine and hydro's (man those filters are expensive) on my Arien Apex ZTR this weekend.
Stay out of my garage!

Love it

I will warn you tho, don't even look at the price for the bagging setup for it

Get the mulching kit and run an xblade setup tho, well worth it. Although you'll want excellent sealing wrap around sunglasses and a dust mask if you do

Quick Reply: *** The Official Superduty Morning Coffee Thread ***