Sponsored by: DP Tuner

*** The Official Superduty Morning Coffee Thread ***

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2020, 04:16 PM
Brian Hanks
Fleet Mechanic
Received 475 Likes on 240 Posts
UPDATE

I just want to give an update. We are REALLY seeing an uptick in positive cases. It is going to spike very soon.

A lot of the transmission is being linked to obviously irresponsible (and frankly selfish) behavior of people. Going to work or store when have symptoms is main thing.

I also have first hand knowledge of several individuals that were treated very carelessly by local clinics and were positive but they didn’t take seriously. Even one who’s wife who was not symptomatic teaching a senior citizens Zumba class this past Saturday and he was still sick (but too stubborn to get tested or quarantine himself).
This is happening all over the country and causing far more transmission than it should.

PLEASE limit your travel and contact with others unless it is an emergency and practice situational awareness (take note of what you touch and that your hands are now potentially contaminated). Disinfect them or wash them. DONT touch anything else you are keeping around you that you can’t disinfect until you do so.

These efforts not only help you but more than likely can help you from transmitting it to someone else that could be more susceptible (elderly or immunosuppressed).

Do your part. This will be a marathon where consistency matters.

BTW my SIL just had a relapse 21 days after first becoming ill and is STILL positive. This not the norm (she has lupus) but is apparently possible.

Old 03-19-2020, 05:48 PM
Sous
Fleet Owner
Received 4,560 Likes on 2,889 Posts
@Brian Hanks , thanks for the update. I hope your SIL is OK at the end of this.

Things are changing and evolving very quickly now...

Old 03-19-2020, 06:19 PM
BBslider001
Hotshot
Received 376 Likes on 268 Posts
Well, FWIW, I know zero people that have this virus. I do know one who has really bad allergies. They were miserable yesterday due to the 3500 pollen and grass count. That is what they told me anyways. My family all had a 12 hour flu thingy that was the totality of a scratchy throat and achy joints. We took a bunch of supplements, like we always do every flu season. We also got a ton of rest. There is Melatonin nor CBD oil to help with the rest part. Hopefully we won't get anything again. I have read it is everything from the same virus that is the common cold (from a retired Marine doctor who now does epidemiology for research) all the way to it is a mutated super duper deadly version. Who knows? None of us because none of us knows the real science under the microscope. I mean, if you do and you are, please share.

Either way, I am still more concerned about what is to come with the public. Y'all be safe and be good. I'm gonna go put some rounds through a paper thingy. Cheers!!!

On edit: BOTH of my tactical training classes were cancelled. I had one for handgun and one for AR. I was supremely bummed. Future classes are uncertain right now. We shall see.

Old 03-19-2020, 06:23 PM
rjdj1186
Laughing Gas
Received 67 Likes on 31 Posts
But one thing remains constant...No TP. I wonder if this will be remembered as the covid19 corona virus outbreak, or the great toilet paper shortage of 2020.
My 7.5 year old was very upset today when we got the last roll out of the package. I had to explain that we have baby wipes, too. Plus, that's why they put the shower by the toilet.

Old 03-19-2020, 06:42 PM
Ridedan2
More Turbo
Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by Sous
Glutton Gulch could work... Any other suggestions from anyone?
How about Sous vide? Lol

Old 03-19-2020, 06:52 PM
FordTruckNoob
Identifies as He/Him/Noob
Received 3,019 Likes on 1,990 Posts
Tonight's dinner was good ol' steak and potato. Steak had a simple marinade of Lea & Perrin and Montreal Seasoning. It was seared in a cast iron pan then finished in a 375 deg F oven until the internal temperature reached 135 deg F, then removed and allowed to rest in the pan while carryover took it to about 140 deg F for a nice medium-rare. Topping was mushrooms sauteed in butter and garlic.

Old 03-19-2020, 07:04 PM
Sous
Fleet Owner
Received 4,560 Likes on 2,889 Posts
Originally Posted by Ridedan2
How about Sous vide? Lol
Despite the comedic value this brings, I feel it is not the right choice. I commend you on your idea though.

So far, we have "Glutton Gulch - home Food Tasting Experts (FTE)"

We made tacos for dinner and they were amazing as usual. Leonard, I have to ask... are you a shade tree cook as well as mechanic?

Old 03-19-2020, 07:26 PM
FordTruckNoob
Identifies as He/Him/Noob
Received 3,019 Likes on 1,990 Posts
Originally Posted by Sous
Leonard, I have to ask... are you a shade tree cook as well as mechanic?
Well, let's just say my taste for good food outstrips my budget so I either have to forego eating any or make it myself.

Old 03-19-2020, 08:44 PM
z31freakify
Hotshot
Received 1,203 Likes on 828 Posts
You all be safe, be the resistance and dont let them stamp you when the time comes.

"Give me liberty or give me death"

Old 03-19-2020, 08:57 PM
rjdj1186
Laughing Gas
Originally Posted by FordTruckNoob
Well, let's just say my taste for good food outstrips my budget so I either have to forego eating any or make it myself.
Right? That's what I say. And I HATE when I do go out and pay the big $ and it's not as good as I can do at home.
You make some great lookin' food, brother. Now I want a steak!

Old 03-19-2020, 09:19 PM
Wes444
Logistics Pro
Received 1,170 Likes on 664 Posts
YeeHaw! Time for some tombstone pizza and TP wrapping the kids to play mummies

Old 03-19-2020, 09:22 PM
rjdj1186
Laughing Gas
Old 03-19-2020, 09:39 PM
Walleye Hunter
Hotshot
Received 888 Likes on 625 Posts
Things are about to get real in PA so keep your eyes and ears open. Effective at 2000 today only 'life sustaining' industries are allowed to operate and the natives are getting restless. Liquor stores here are state run and they closed them down earlier in the week, beer stores are separate and private and apparently are allowed to stay open for now. Restaurants are takeout only. We're pretty good at my house because I'm a pack rat. I have enough meat on my bones to last a month, I have gas and fuel tanks out back and a large freezer with enough food in it to last about a month. Our 'neighborhood' is a tiny pocket at an intersection in a rural area and it's a good group and a couple of us are well armed but right now I wonder if 30 in the magazine is even enough. Others out there aren't so lucky and some will have to go 'foraging' to survive and that's when shots will be fired.

I hit a farmers' market this AM for a couple of things we needed and apparently hamburger is in short supply. I had to wait in line for it for the first time ever and at about 0825 the woman running it told the guy bagging it that that was the end of it. People were cheating the line and some others had some things to say about it. Gun sales here are through the roof (well they were until 2000 tonight) with lines out the door, sales cases picked clean and "sorry, no handgun ammo" signs on the doors, two weeks ago there was more than anyone could want. I barely got my new red dot out of there today that I ordered last week, now I need to get to the range and sight it in, if the range is closed I'll just head out my door, nobody will say anything. I never shot with anything like this so I look forward to seeing how it goes. Sorry it's on its side, for some reason it does that sometimes.

Old 03-19-2020, 10:24 PM
Ridedan2
More Turbo
Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter
Things are about to get real in PA so keep your eyes and ears open. Effective at 2000 today only 'life sustaining' industries are allowed to operate and the natives are getting restless. Liquor stores here are state run and they closed them down earlier in the week, beer stores are separate and private and apparently are allowed to stay open for now. Restaurants are takeout only. We're pretty good at my house because I'm a pack rat. I have enough meat on my bones to last a month, I have gas and fuel tanks out back and a large freezer with enough food in it to last about a month. Our 'neighborhood' is a tiny pocket at an intersection in a rural area and it's a good group and a couple of us are well armed but right now I wonder if 30 in the magazine is even enough. Others out there aren't so lucky and some will have to go 'foraging' to survive and that's when shots will be fired.

I hit a farmers' market this AM for a couple of things we needed and apparently hamburger is in short supply. I had to wait in line for it for the first time ever and at about 0825 the woman running it told the guy bagging it that that was the end of it. People were cheating the line and some others had some things to say about it. Gun sales here are through the roof (well they were until 2000 tonight) with lines out the door, sales cases picked clean and "sorry, no handgun ammo" signs on the doors, two weeks ago there was more than anyone could want. I barely got my new red dot out of there today that I ordered last week, now I need to get to the range and sight it in, if the range is closed I'll just head out my door, nobody will say anything. I never shot with anything like this so I look forward to seeing how it goes. Sorry it's on its side, for some reason it does that sometimes.

“ I wonder if 30 in the magazine is even enough”

Have tape on hand?

Old 03-20-2020, 06:22 AM
ArmyLifer
Fleet Mechanic
Received 144 Likes on 88 Posts
Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter
I wonder if 30 in the magazine is even enough.
Nope.

Be safe out there!

Quick Reply: *** The Official Superduty Morning Coffee Thread ***