2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Lost steering wheel switch and seat memory switch

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2017, 08:50 PM
tvermette
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lost steering wheel switch and seat memory switch

This 72k boat anchor continues to be the worst investment i have ever made. After getting my tranny fixed for blowing oil out of the side of it at 3600 miles, I am not faced with an issue with the steering wheel switch not working and the seat memory buttons do not work.

There is an easy exit option, but it is greyed out so you can't turn it on or off. Any ideas... really starting to hate this truck....bigtime.

Old 03-30-2017, 09:02 PM
K2500Z71
Senior User
I wouldn't give up on it yet. It's probably something minor and a quick fix at the dealer.

Old 03-30-2017, 09:39 PM
Sleepyguy
Elder User
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Lemon law is your best bet. I fought hard for 5 months in Canada to get resolution.

You mericans have it easy. If they are fixing issues as they come up you really don't have a lot of recourses other then working with dealer. When it comes to multiple fixes on a single issue you have grounds for replacement.

I am better versed on Canadian rights given went through the ringer on getting a replacement truck. I got advise from local advocates, lawyers, friends, and even Ford.

Old 03-30-2017, 10:45 PM
klassic
Tuned
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
This is amazing. The exact same thing happened to me today!!!
I was going to post it but I figured no one would know what the heck I was talking about.
I could hardly drive. I thought I was in the wrong truck.
No seat memories...the easy exit was grayed out...steering wheel adjust wouldn't work.
I the seats would adjust manually, but that was it.
I don't get it. ??

Old 03-30-2017, 11:39 PM
mhoefer
Postmaster
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Take it to the dealer and get them to look into it when it is having the issue. Then maybe they can track it down properly.

Old 03-31-2017, 04:21 AM
44Dan44
More Turbo
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Just a side note, if you bought a truck as an "investment" you need a better financial advisor. But I'm sure that's not what you meant.
Reminds me of the hyperbolic "cruise control almost killed me" threads. Seriously? Killed?
Seriously? Boat Anchor? After two minor issues?

To your point, this sounds like a MYKey issue, some items greyed out depending on mykey use.

Old 03-31-2017, 07:25 AM
troverman
Hotshot
Received 534 Likes on 258 Posts
Well, Easy Exit is part of the memory system and linked to the steering wheel adjustment. If there is a fault with the memory system or the steering wheel, the vehicle will store an internal code readable only by the dealer's IDS computer OR ForScan...and make the EasyExit option grayed out.

These are electrical items. First, look up the fuses for the power steering column and the memory system. Verify they are fine.

My suspicion is that somehow the power steering column is "stuck." It happens. It may even have popped a fuse. Try to apply a little forward / backward force and up/down force to the wheel. See if it helps. You might be able to free it yourself.

I wouldn't give up on the vehicle just yet.

Old 03-31-2017, 08:37 AM
tvermette
New User
Seriously....

Originally Posted by 44Dan44
Just a side note, if you bought a truck as an "investment" you need a better financial advisor. But I'm sure that's not what you meant.
Reminds me of the hyperbolic "cruise control almost killed me" threads. Seriously? Killed?
Seriously? Boat Anchor? After two minor issues?

To your point, this sounds like a MYKey issue, some items greyed out depending on mykey use.

Thanks for the unconstructive narrative Dan. Really shows your character. Obviously a truck isn't an investment, but considering I paid cash for it, your advice to get a new financial adviser seems like a very uninformed and cynical comment.

When you spend 72k on something and it blows tranny fluid and has electrical issues, I think there is legitimate reason to express frustration.

So, thanks again for your constructive criticism. It was well thought out, educated and eloquently spoken.

Old 03-31-2017, 08:42 AM
jwc410
Mountain Pass
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
I had this happen to me after I started the truck with the remote start. I shut the truck off opened the door and restarted it and the steering wheel and seats adjusted fine. I am not sure what caused the problem

Old 03-31-2017, 09:50 AM
44Dan44
More Turbo
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by tvermette
Thanks for the unconstructive narrative Dan. Really shows your character. Obviously a truck isn't an investment, but considering I paid cash for it, your advice to get a new financial adviser seems like a very uninformed and cynical comment.

When you spend 72k on something and it blows tranny fluid and has electrical issues, I think there is legitimate reason to express frustration.

So, thanks again for your constructive criticism. It was well thought out, educated and eloquently spoken.

You were the one who called it an investment player. Thanks for explaining how rich you are, it's very important that I know that and obviously highly believable. Since you are so well off, give this boat anchor away to the poor and buy a new one. The point is you have two minor problems, that were corrected under warranty or will be, your frustration level is unwarranted but I guess some people of questionable character complain for the sake of complaining. You forgot to mention I offered a possible avenue to investigate your problem in your rant. You're Welcome!
I'll let you have the last word going forward, not worth the effort.

Old 03-31-2017, 06:37 PM
tvermette
New User
Well, i can take the high road Dan... My apologies... when you spend a lot of money on a truck, taking it in for stuff gets old, especially when you expect quality.

The issue is resolved. Went to the truck this morning and everything worked as expected. Strange. Never reprogrammed the myKey or anything. I wonder if when I got out of the truck I pulled on the wheel when it was in the process of moving up? Maybe it has a safety or jam feature and needs time to reset??

Either way, the boat anchor is back in my good graces! Next time, i'll chill my a$$ out before responding... Thanks for the idea....let's move on.

Old 03-31-2017, 07:34 PM
K2500Z71
Senior User
Just imagine if you were this guy: https://youtu.be/FvJCCoLoKRA

On the plus side, at least he can say he has a strong ROI on his extended warranty!

Old 03-31-2017, 08:37 PM
bridge
Sick 'n Tired
Received 45 Likes on 23 Posts
First year new model gremlins. It's a pain but the risk we take to be the first ones with the newest toy.