Rescuing another Ex from the junkyard: 2002 V10 - Page 10 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Excursion - King of SUVs
Reload this Page >

Rescuing another Ex from the junkyard: 2002 V10

Notices
Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rescuing another Ex from the junkyard: 2002 V10

Old 12-23-2018, 02:36 PM
Greenscobie86
Posting Guru
Greenscobie86 is a splendid one to beholdGreenscobie86 is a splendid one to beholdGreenscobie86 is a splendid one to beholdGreenscobie86 is a splendid one to beholdGreenscobie86 is a splendid one to beholdGreenscobie86 is a splendid one to beholdGreenscobie86 is a splendid one to behold
Holiday update:
The high pressure p/s hose decided to rust out and pee fluid out this time. I guess the bright side is I get to change the ATF in the power steering system.
Enjoy the photos!

Now a question for ya'll:
How many lines are there in total 2 or 3? Does anyone kindly have a part number list or a diagram handy so that I can order 3 lines and be done with it?

Attaching a Rock Auto cart here for confirmation on what I should order.

Have a rusty crusty Christmas everyone lol!

Old 12-23-2018, 06:24 PM
wpnaes
FTE Chapter Leader
wpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputation
Cooler to reservoir seems steep. I replaced all but one hose (reservoir to pump-had different diameters at each end) and don’t recall that price!

Old 12-23-2018, 08:21 PM
Greenscobie86
Posting Guru
Greenscobie86 is a splendid one to beholdGreenscobie86 is a splendid one to beholdGreenscobie86 is a splendid one to beholdGreenscobie86 is a splendid one to beholdGreenscobie86 is a splendid one to beholdGreenscobie86 is a splendid one to beholdGreenscobie86 is a splendid one to behold
Thanks Sean! Yeah some of the prices are kind of high.

So there are a total of 4 hoses?

Pump to gearbox
Gearbox to cooler
Cooler to reservoir
Reservoir to pump

Old 12-24-2018, 10:56 AM
wpnaes
FTE Chapter Leader
wpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputation
I had to take a quick look in the garage to be sure, looks like you've got them all.

Old 01-08-2019, 02:11 PM
Greenscobie86
Posting Guru
New lines and fluid.

Dirty job but had to be done.

Old 01-08-2019, 02:41 PM
Toreador_Diesel
Toreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputation
I'm about to have to do the same on Rudolph, but am assembling my 6.0 The Monster again instead. Rudolph has more issues than I'm willing to deal with right now.

Old 01-11-2019, 09:31 AM
Greenscobie86
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Toreador_Diesel View Post
I'm about to have to do the same on Rudolph, but am assembling my 6.0 The Monster again instead. Rudolph has more issues than I'm willing to deal with right now.
I feel you on that.

Just be super careful starting the threads of the new lines into the gearbox, I accidentally buggered up the first couple of threads and had to spend an hour with a thread file massaging some new threads into the new lines...