North Carolina Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:Benztechnc

Fall 2016 General BS Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2016, 11:57 AM
ncheavymetal
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Fall 2016 General BS Thread

Yep. It's Fall. Time for the leaves and temps to start dropping.

Was unable to make the lunch and car show last weekend. We went down east to visit my wife's folks. Spent the day with them Saturday. I spent two miserable hours in the woods before the bugs drove me nuts. It was so hot and humid. Nothing was moving. Also got in some fishing and had much better luck. Caught drum, croaker, spot and mullet. Got back Sunday evening and started tearing down the trail bike.

Hope everyone has a good week.

Old 09-19-2016, 12:19 PM
ncheavymetal
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Gas shortage seems real around here. Coming back yesterday we probably passed two out of ten stations that had any gas the rest had the pumps closed. The sheetz down the road from us has all it's pumps closed this morning.

Old 09-19-2016, 01:10 PM
Benztechnc
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by ncheavymetal
Gas shortage seems real around here. Coming back yesterday we probably passed two out of ten stations that had any gas the rest had the pumps closed. The sheetz down the road from us has all it's pumps closed this morning.
There are two Sheetz between Raleigh and my house, they were both out when I went by on Saturday. The one just down the road from me towards Fuquay was also out on Sunday. The Kangaroo that's right near the house had fuel for the normal price (1.98/gal) on Sunday morning. It was time for me to fill up Lucille anyway. The jeep got a full tank this weekend thanks to a friend borrowing it and 'bringing it back in better shape then when he borrowed it'.

You can definitely expect price gouging to continue. On the way to the Car show on saturday I notice fuel at 2.09 and on the way back it had jumped to 2.20 something a gallon.

I'm wondering how long it will last.

Old 09-19-2016, 07:38 PM
77mud
Lead Driver
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Everything here went from $2.03 and all the stations are setting at $2.19 now. But very few actually have gas. Luckily I got everything filled up today.

Old 09-20-2016, 07:58 AM
ubereal2
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Heading out in the next 90 minutes or so for my second Physical Therapy visit, and truthfully I don't think it helps.
I've got better then half a tank in the truck, but i think I'll see if I can find a station that does have gas, and top the tank off.

Y'all have a good day

Old 09-20-2016, 10:04 AM
Benztechnc
FTE Chapter Leader
Originally Posted by ubereal2
Heading out in the next 90 minutes or so for my second Physical Therapy visit, and truthfully I don't think it helps.
I've got better then half a tank in the truck, but i think I'll see if I can find a station that does have gas, and top the tank off.

Y'all have a good day
The latest word is that the bypass line should be up and running sometime Wednesday. So we should have the precious liquid gold by the weekend I would imagine. I doubt prices are going to drop too much though.

Old 09-20-2016, 01:30 PM
ubereal2
Post Fiend
I made it through Physical Therapy alright. A little sore, but hoping to avoid surgery.
The truck and Shari's Escape we each down to 1/2 tank, and the Walmart here in town has started selling fuel recently. So after grabbing a few things for dinner, I checked out the gas situation and they are out of everything except for regular unleaded. So I topped off the truck, and Shari's Escape.
Then feed the neck some, and grabbed a 12 string that I snagged off of Craigslist a few day's ago. Hey, nothing wrong with a super clean Washburn 12 string guitar for $60

Old 09-20-2016, 02:22 PM
Benztechnc
FTE Chapter Leader
Originally Posted by ubereal2
I made it through Physical Therapy alright. A little sore, but hoping to avoid surgery.
The truck and Shari's Escape we each down to 1/2 tank, and the Walmart here in town has started selling fuel recently. So after grabbing a few things for dinner, I checked out the gas situation and they are out of everything except for regular unleaded. So I topped off the truck, and Shari's Escape.
Then feed the neck some, and grabbed a 12 string that I snagged off of Craigslist a few day's ago. Hey, nothing wrong with a super clean Washburn 12 string guitar for $60
Bob,

You seem to find the CL deals for sure!

So as an update to the fuel situation, Line 1 which carries gasoline had the rupture\spill. Line 2 which carries oil or diesel typically has been switched to line gasoline, though, a smaller line it is flowing. Also trucks are rolling with fuel. Only reason I looked in to it, is because I was curious since I thought ambulances and fire trucks were typically diesel, and McCrory talked about emergency vehicle fuel situation.

Old 09-21-2016, 06:15 AM
ubereal2
Post Fiend
Brisket is rubbed, and charcoal is burning. Having a Brisket for dinner tonight. by the looks of the weather map, I'm going to get wet today.

Old 09-21-2016, 07:31 AM
Benztechnc
FTE Chapter Leader
Yep sure feels like we're catching up on all that rain we didn't get now. It's been steadily coming down all morning. Bob, you could use a canopy on that deck out back! It'd help with smoking in the rain.

Old 09-21-2016, 07:34 AM
ubereal2
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Benztechnc
Bob, you could use a canopy on that deck out back! It'd help with smoking in the rain.
I've hinted about that a few times.
You can see what it's gotten me

Old 09-21-2016, 04:23 PM
77mud
Lead Driver
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
We didn't get any of that rain today, it all stayed north of us luckly.

Old 09-21-2016, 05:44 PM
ubereal2
Post Fiend
Brisket came out great, I couldn't even pick the pieces up without them falling apart.

Old 09-22-2016, 01:05 AM
Cracker289
Fleet Mechanic
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Bob it sounds lke I missed dinner, I'll stop in the morning to pick up a leftover plate

Old 09-22-2016, 07:09 AM
ubereal2
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Cracker289
Bob it sounds lke I missed dinner, I'll stop in the morning to pick up a leftover plate
Get over here, there's still a few slices. I only bought a complete "Flat" this time.
Tomorrow, there's 3 slabs of Baby Back Ribs going out there.

Quick Reply: Fall 2016 General BS Thread