King-bRanch
Cargo Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Those wheels will be a nice upgrade, post a pic after installed

Old 07-20-2016, 04:27 PM
Turbo Dog
Cargo Master
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Those chrome wheels should really brighten up the truck...sort of step it up to another level so to speak. Also glad you were able to find some left over reflectors.

Old 07-20-2016, 07:42 PM
Pgh Rebel
Fleet Mechanic
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Actually the reflectors came from Nassty. He hooked me up with the set he took out of his truck. I'm thinking of doing something to the reflectors though so that they look red...
I'd like to try to do something on the truck this weekend, but it's looking like it's going to rain Saturday and Sunday so that shoots that idea. I'd like to try to get my seat covers on... Friday evening it's going to be too stinkin' hot to do much outside. I will definitely post pictures as I make more progress on it.

Old 07-21-2016, 07:31 AM
ubereal2
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Truck looks great, your coming right along with your build. I'm a big fan of the shiny chrome stuff, and those wheels are going to look great on there. Another thing I do right off the bat to most of my trucks if it isn't there already is pin stripe.
I usually find a color from the interior, and bring that to the outside. Specially to a truck like mine that is one solid color. It doesn't cost much, and to me it breaks up the whole thing.
My favorite passenger, my boy Rocky in "his" truck.

Unk Bob

Attached Images  
Old 07-21-2016, 09:12 AM
Pgh Rebel
Fleet Mechanic
Nice looking dog you got there Bob! German Shepherds are a good dog
Actually this truck does have a very slight looking Silver pinstripe on it to match the gray interior. It may not show up on the pictures well but it's there. Thanks for the kind words about my truck. Good luck with yours!

Old 07-21-2016, 11:56 AM
AlaskanEx
Bleed Ford Blue

Received 128 Likes on 43 Posts
Glad you found the wheels you want, I have a set of those with my old snow tires on them which I'll be getting rid of this fall but they are a little further then 2 hours away haha.

Old 07-21-2016, 01:39 PM
Pgh Rebel
Fleet Mechanic
I'll take 2 weeks off and be right there Russ! Lol

Old 07-24-2016, 09:08 AM
johnday
Cargo Master
Received 246 Likes on 108 Posts
Originally Posted by ubereal2
My favorite passenger, my boy Rocky in "his" truck.

Unk Bob
Dogs and trucks!! No better combination!!!
Nice lookin' guy right there!

Old 07-24-2016, 06:22 PM
brokenleg
Fleet Mechanic
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
I like your red truck. the rims look nice too. (But then, Im a big fan of the 2009-14 F150s)

Old 07-24-2016, 06:27 PM
brokenleg
Fleet Mechanic
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by Pgh Rebel
Update 7/18/2016:
I have the wheels! I got exactly what I wanted at a very reasonable price, just had to drive a few hours to get them. No big deal, I'm always up for a road trip and the truck did great! I found these on Craigslist for $200 including tires, which were junk so I've already had them dismounted and disposed of. These came from a 2007 F-150 XLT. So far everyone that has seen them likes them and thinks they'll look really good on my truck! Let me know what y'all think...
Nice. I also like the stock wheels too.

Old 07-25-2016, 12:03 PM
Pgh Rebel
Fleet Mechanic
Thanks! I don't know if you've ever had an 04-08 model but I had an 06 for 10 years and loved it, but I swear Ford did something to make this truck ride smoother than my old truck. Even my wife really likes riding in it because it does feel so much smoother than my 2006 truck did. I don't know if Ford improved the suspension or it's just the difference between fresh springs and springs that are over 10 years old. I really like driving this so far; it's smooth, quiet, powerful.

Old 07-25-2016, 06:00 PM
ubereal2
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by johnday
Dogs and trucks!! No better combination!!!
Nice lookin' guy right there!

Thanks John I love my Rocky, he's with me if I'm just running around town, or moving cars around. He can be kind of a back seat drive at times though. It's people I'm not to wild about.

Attached Images  
Old 07-25-2016, 06:55 PM
Pgh Rebel
Fleet Mechanic
Thanks for posting that picture Bob. I miss having a dog. Right now my wife and I are renting an apartment where we can't have one, so we have a cat instead. The cat's my buddy, but it ain't the same! I've had dogs all my life until I had to put my chocolate Labrador-mix, Brittany, to sleep about 5 years ago due to old-age issues. She lived to be almost 13. About a year after that is when I married my wife and moved into this apartment with her. We're planning on buying another house in the next year or 2; and once we do, I'm getting another dog!
Here's my Brittany when she was younger and healthier:

Attached Images   
Old 07-28-2016, 06:25 PM
ubereal2
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Pgh Rebel
Thanks for posting that picture Bob. I miss having a dog. Right now my wife and I are renting an apartment where we can't have one, so we have a cat instead. The cat's my buddy, but it ain't the same! I've had dogs all my life until I had to put my chocolate Labrador-mix, Brittany, to sleep about 5 years ago due to old-age issues. She lived to be almost 13. About a year after that is when I married my wife and moved into this apartment with her. We're planning on buying another house in the next year or 2; and once we do, I'm getting another dog!
Here's my Brittany when she was younger and healthier:
Nice picture buddy, and I understand completely. The day I lose my Rocky, I'm going to have a serious melt down. He means more to me than most people, and that's the truth.

Unk Bob

Old 07-28-2016, 07:08 PM
Pgh Rebel
Fleet Mechanic
I know exactly what you mean Bob. I lived alone most of the time I had Brittany, so that dog was all I had. I never had a bond like that before with a dog, but that one seemed to know exactly what I was thinking or feeling at any given time. That also brought out her protective nature, too. It was really cool!
By the way, the toy she has in the second picture was like her security blanket or something. She didn't go anywhere without it! I always knew if she was nervous, she'd grab her toy and just hold it...
Dogs are great! It's most people that I don't trust anymore...

Last edited by Pgh Rebel; 07-28-2016 at 07:17 PM. Reason: add more detail

Quick Reply: Build thread: Big Red Beast