6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

Newly Built 6.0l, F350, CC, LB, 4x, Best Place To Sell?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2016, 01:50 AM
$F$O$R$D$
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Newly Built 6.0l, F350, CC, LB, 4x, Best Place To Sell?

I spent the last year dropping too much into my truck and honestly am just sick of it. i have recites for everthing from oil changes to the 5 inch exaust and 8x20 RBP tip.I would like to give a description and if any one knows the best place to sell a truck like this that has been altered like it has please let me know. I have never sold a vehical. I bought this truck in a hurry to do some construction work and two years later ive rebuilt it completely. Its a 2004 Ford F350. I've only driven it for around 300miles since it got rebuilt. The FICM went out two weeks ago and I said enough I'm selling it. The motor has been studded, updated in every possible way. Tranny is rebuilt with shift kit and added billet converters. Turbonetics Turbo running 36psi thru the New airaid intake. Has a pre-filter, sinister CAC tubes, cold side, stock cooler, sinister hot side and intake elbow. The bung has boost tapped into it. Leading to the trip/gauges on the A pillar with the color changing, black face gauges. Boost, tranny temp and Pyro, also new. Dash is being repainted as I type this. New fiberglass, 6inch wider extended side fenders painted white to match the truck. New springs and drivlines. Truck is lifted with 8inchn prelifted rear springs. Rear of the rear leafs have 4inch flipped shackle hangers. Lift blocks are 4.5 inch. Rear lift is realistically around 14/15 inches. Front has 3.5 inch drop shackle/hanger kit and new lifted springs. All metal Fab including dual steering stabilizers are Precision Metal Fabrication out of Tuscon Az. New 2007 front end, bumper, lights, fogs and billet grill. Lot and lots more. New 40inch Toyo muds on black Fuel 20x14 Hostage black with only 300 miles or less.
The truck needs some one that knows what it is and can be. Ill never get this money back. I know this. But where could I find a buyer that for a fair price will purchase this truck and know what they are buying. It came with a 7.3 and we took it out and installed the 6.0l. there is a tear in the drivers leather seat. The truck has a new front clip with new paint but the truck bed has a few small dents. So this thing is pretty built up but it's a truck it's not perfect. Every motor component is new. Its got an SCT tunner and tunes from innovative. New optima red tops that I pick up tomorrow.
I could go on but honestly don't want to. I just can't keep up with this thing. Gotta sell it if possible just not sure the best place?
Any advise on best place to sell it or if you know anyone that may want it please let me know?

Old 05-09-2016, 03:15 AM
FICMrepair.com
Former Vendor
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
You sure you want to sell it? We could get you a rebuilt FICM for as little as $225. It sounds like you've poured your heart and soul into this truck!

Old 05-09-2016, 05:56 AM
Jmoen7
Elder User
Honestly you're so deep into it now it's worth it just to finish the last little bit and drive it, what's another 250, 500, 1000$ on top of what you already did to get it perfect

Old 05-09-2016, 09:08 AM
$F$O$R$D$
Freshman User
Ed, thank you very much for the offer. Once I get the new battery's today or tomorrow I will run a meter on the pins and check it out. Both my scangauge and sct say it's the FICM. 42 volts on the gauge and injector 1 thru 8 low circuit codes. If I can't see the joint cracks or if a cap went out I'll send it in to you. So thank you for the tip!

Old 05-09-2016, 09:27 AM
$F$O$R$D$
Freshman User
Jmoen7, I'm sure I want to sell it. I've been sick of this thing for a long time now. Yes I'm going to loose tons of money but if I can I'm gonna get a gas truck and just drive the darn thing. This F350 I'm selling had the oil cooler go out, then the hpop, then the water pump, then the low pressure oil pump...and every time I went in a deleted this or added a bypass to that and finally said screw it I'm just gonna take the cab off and rebuild the whole thing. So I ordered every part I could from Ford, sinister, bulletproof, RBP, Mishimoto and so on...and after a year of not driving it....getting it painted and sounding great it died...that was it! I'm not gonna work on this thing any more. I've spent more time and money on it than I ever care to think about again. Some one is gonna get a very expensive truck for cheap cause I'm not gonna do another thing after this FICM but change the oil and sell it. And good riddance! I'm gonna drive a vehicle that weighs less than 6000lbs and takes gasoline!!! So while you may say what's another 1000 bucks? This truck eats a thousand bucks in one second flat. Its not the fastest truck on the road but it's the fastest at draining my pocket. Who are we kidding it's a 6.0, it'll never end! So yes I'm positive I wantbto sell it and quick! Id sell this thing for 15k right now and that doesn't even cover the cash I dropped on the motor, granny and transfer case. I think the total on that was 17k plus the wheels tires fiberglass, paint and suspension. I will loose 20k but that's money in the bank as far as I'm concerned because it'll be gone and not here to spend more money on. I'm done with it.

Old 05-09-2016, 01:57 PM
Carolina Rig
Tuned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
FTE has a for sale blog. You could list it here:

Vehicles for Sale - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

As far as Automotive sales thru the various internet sites out there: I've sold vehicles on Autotrader and they seem to have the least amount of scam activity. At least that's how I felt about it a year ago. There's still plenty of scam activity, but the free listing sites will bombard you with scam activity.

You mention that you have never sold a vehicle. My advice is be prepared for the nuisance of scam after scam. I've always sold vehicles via private party sale. After selling the wife's ride a year ago, I would have to think long and hard about putting myself back into that realm again. All I can say is the world is a different place now. I know, it's a worn out cliche!

Either way, sorry about your experience and good luck moving forward.