Notices
6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Happy to Report - Nothing

Old 04-14-2016, 09:54 AM
Ginther
Elder User
Ginther has a good reputation on FTE.Ginther has a good reputation on FTE.
Happy to Report - Nothing

I knocked on wood before posting this.... didn't want to jinx myself.

I did my first oil change yesterday. Rotella T6 5W-40 and Motorcraft FL-2051S filter.

The truck is 9 months old and has 6014 miles on it now.

So far it's been problem free.

Also drained the water separator and the fuel was water free.

Hopefully my ownership experience continues like this.

Old 04-14-2016, 10:41 AM
22rimfire
Senior User
22rimfire is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.22rimfire is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Good to hear Ginther! Ditto for me. Mine is just a few days from one year old, and 6800 miles. Perfect. Here's to many more trouble free miles

Old 04-14-2016, 10:43 AM
SavageNFS
Post Fiend
SavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputation
Great to read!

Old 04-14-2016, 10:56 AM
Rasalas
Postmaster
Rasalas has a great reputation on FTE.Rasalas has a great reputation on FTE.Rasalas has a great reputation on FTE.Rasalas has a great reputation on FTE.Rasalas has a great reputation on FTE.
I am envious. Changed oil last week. 235k miles, 16 years old. But then again nothing new to report. Oil pan leak ahead of the Damian Diesel repair still there, muffler seam splitting no further, but it is sunny and dry today so the computer isn't taking its sporadic bath in rain water and magically activating all electrical accessories and the power steering fluid leak is no worse. AND still no word whether or not the order banks will be open tomorrow. So actually there is nothing new to report!

Old 04-14-2016, 12:29 PM
baerpath
Junior User
baerpath is starting off with a positive reputation.
Almost the same here, 8 months 19,030 miles. Only problem was left front shock started to leak replaced at last oil change. Been a lot happier with the 6.7 than I was ever with the 6.0 or 6.4

Old 04-14-2016, 04:59 PM
smoky_diesel
Posting Guru
smoky_diesel is a splendid one to beholdsmoky_diesel is a splendid one to beholdsmoky_diesel is a splendid one to beholdsmoky_diesel is a splendid one to beholdsmoky_diesel is a splendid one to beholdsmoky_diesel is a splendid one to beholdsmoky_diesel is a splendid one to behold
2.5 yrs, 23k, no issues, never been to dealer.

Old 04-14-2016, 08:05 PM
MammaJammaTX
Junior User
MammaJammaTX is starting off with a positive reputation.
Nice rig, Ginther. I have done probably 10 oil changes myself ... same oil and filter ... NEVER any issues. I purchase OEM filters from Amazon. Oil, Fuel, air. I am at 101,000+ ... running great. Best wishes!
If you need/want a hint, a 5 gallon bucket fits perfectly under the oil pan. I rigged up a nice system for covered protection when delivering to a proper disposal site. Works well.

Old 04-14-2016, 08:37 PM
Ginther
Elder User
Ginther has a good reputation on FTE.Ginther has a good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by MammaJammaTX View Post
Nice rig, Ginther. I have done probably 10 oil changes myself ... same oil and filter ... NEVER any issues. I purchase OEM filters from Amazon. Oil, Fuel, air. I am at 101,000+ ... running great. Best wishes!
If you need/want a hint, a 5 gallon bucket fits perfectly under the oil pan. I rigged up a nice system for covered protection when delivering to a proper disposal site. Works well.
Thanks for the input.

I've got a pan like this. Holds 15 quarts. Then I empty the catch pan back into the gallon jugs from the new oil. Then take them to the recycle place.

I definitely prefer OEM filters whenever possible. And I've been using Rotella T6 since my 2004 6.0L F250.

Hopefully my maintenance routine will keep me happy like it did with my 6.0L

Old 04-16-2016, 06:48 PM
JohnD333
Senior User
JohnD333 has a good reputation on FTE.JohnD333 has a good reputation on FTE.JohnD333 has a good reputation on FTE.
Amen. Isn't it amazing how different (BETTER) posts are now versus five years ago!??

Originally Posted by baerpath View Post
Almost the same here, 8 months 19,030 miles. Only problem was left front shock started to leak replaced at last oil change. Been a lot happier with the 6.7 than I was ever with the 6.0 or 6.4

Old 04-16-2016, 09:29 PM
my_crib_too
Posting Guru
my_crib_too has a spectacular reputation.my_crib_too has a spectacular reputation.my_crib_too has a spectacular reputation.my_crib_too has a spectacular reputation.my_crib_too has a spectacular reputation.my_crib_too has a spectacular reputation.my_crib_too has a spectacular reputation.my_crib_too has a spectacular reputation.my_crib_too has a spectacular reputation.my_crib_too has a spectacular reputation.my_crib_too has a spectacular reputation.
Took my 2015 for a few hour ride today, no issues. Just more comfortable miles on the road. Great truck, 19,000 miles and no trouble. Still smile and enjoy owning it.

Bruce

Old 04-17-2016, 02:03 AM
Dakster
Post Fiend
Dakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputation
Mine too and I use the same oil catch pan... Although I also have some larger tin foil pans that I made turkey's in that I don't like to reuse. They seem to make it so I don't get any oil on the driveway. Until it's time to pour the oil in jugs.

My 2011 only saw the dealer for recalls, even though it never had any issues and a bad air fitting on the 4x4 system. My 2015 has only seen the dealer for included maintenance and some education on my part. Thinking someone was wrong and it wasn't. It's how ownership should be.

Old 04-17-2016, 10:24 AM
Rasalas
Postmaster
Rasalas has a great reputation on FTE.Rasalas has a great reputation on FTE.Rasalas has a great reputation on FTE.Rasalas has a great reputation on FTE.Rasalas has a great reputation on FTE.
Those are good pans. Holds all the oil plus the filter. I always puncture the bottom of the filter with a screw driver and let it drain while the oil is draining so the oil doesn't run down my arm. Oil filter should have a drain plug too for those of us working on our back and not on a lift. I buy the T-6 in 5 gal pails when AutoZone has it on sale, then use the pail to return the oil after getting 1 pail ahead, or use hydraulic oil pails, whichever I have on hand at the time. I seem to have a problem overfilling and spilling when trying to fill the 1 or 2 gallon jugs. A-Z and Trac-Sup both give the pails back to use again.

Old 04-19-2016, 11:31 AM
Nipperdog
Elder User
Nipperdog is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Took a 2wk Vacation, and Drove the new 16 F250 from Tampa to New York.
After stopping in Raleigh NC to see my Grand Daughter's new House, we headed to Upstate NY. About 60mi from our destination, we drove into a Snowstorm coming into Syracuse. Heck, I hadn't seen Snow for 12 Yrs. We arrived at my Brother's, and by morning there was about 6" on the ground. The total milage for the Round trip was about 4K. While we were there, My Son ripped out the Stock FOMOCO Shocks and installed a set of Bilstein 4600s. The truck now rides like a
Cadillac. There were absolutely no problems whatsoever with the Truck. Mileage averaged 18.8, and the truck consumed a little less than 2.5 gal of DEF.
Total Mileage on the truck is 9450.