Notices
6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2017 6.7 Pics

Old 09-24-2015, 07:36 AM
Karl4Cat
Post Fiend
Karl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputation
POWER FOLDING STEPS....

Old 09-24-2015, 07:38 AM
sdetweil
Post Fiend
sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.
Originally Posted by Karl4Cat View Post
POWER FOLDING STEPS....
power tailgate lock and lowering.
looks like the moved the rear step handle out to the edge, and removed the bump from the tailgate when it is a floor extension

can't wait to see it up close

Old 09-24-2015, 07:42 AM
Big-Foot
Post Fiend
Big-Foot has a spectacular reputation.Big-Foot has a spectacular reputation.Big-Foot has a spectacular reputation.Big-Foot has a spectacular reputation.Big-Foot has a spectacular reputation.Big-Foot has a spectacular reputation.Big-Foot has a spectacular reputation.Big-Foot has a spectacular reputation.Big-Foot has a spectacular reputation.Big-Foot has a spectacular reputation.Big-Foot has a spectacular reputation.
I do like the front end appearance better than my 15 and like the fact that they listened to us and ditched the farm implement rear fenders on the dually..
One of the concerns I have would not actually impact me but it would my wife - who is all of 5'6"..
The trucks sit 1.5" taller due to the new boxed frame. That will make it tougher for my wife to get in-out of it.. With two brand new knees having been installed last June - she ain't jumping anywhere for a while..
The other is the door handles. They apparently switched away from the sideways (horizontal) latch to one that is vertical. If the truck is taller and now you have to lift the door latch (can't see if it is a button or a lift type), that might make for some strained fingers / broken nails on her..
The only other slight negative I have noticed is that the side windows are shorter and so there is a decrease in side visibility. This was one of the things I really liked about my Super Duty...

Old 09-24-2015, 08:17 AM
wharrell
Senior User
wharrell is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Link To the Super Duty Release Documents

All of the release documents are housed here

Index of /ford/2017superduty

Old 09-24-2015, 08:34 AM
BIGTRUCKBIGRV
Posting Guru
BIGTRUCKBIGRV is a splendid one to beholdBIGTRUCKBIGRV is a splendid one to beholdBIGTRUCKBIGRV is a splendid one to beholdBIGTRUCKBIGRV is a splendid one to beholdBIGTRUCKBIGRV is a splendid one to beholdBIGTRUCKBIGRV is a splendid one to beholdBIGTRUCKBIGRV is a splendid one to beholdBIGTRUCKBIGRV is a splendid one to behold
Yeah, It's already grown on me since yesterday. I'd be interested in what upgrades the F450 received in regards to axle and suspension.

So, I'm wondering if I should have waited for the 2017 or if I should just trade in in 2 years (after some bugs are worked out). I thinking I could go for the job 2 build in 2nd qtr 2017 model. Maybe even purchase in early 2018 if I feel inclined.

The things that I like the most:
1. 360 Camera (about time)
2. Front Parking Sensors (about time)
3. Trailer Camera! That's awesome
4. Trailer TPMS Monitor!
5. Improved Man Step
6. Hopefully still a Dana110 or larger rear axle
7. Better interior materals (even though I'm pretty happy with mine)
8. QNX Nav System (even though mysync has been working great for me thus far)

Old 09-24-2015, 08:42 AM
BIGTRUCKBIGRV
Posting Guru
BIGTRUCKBIGRV is a splendid one to beholdBIGTRUCKBIGRV is a splendid one to beholdBIGTRUCKBIGRV is a splendid one to beholdBIGTRUCKBIGRV is a splendid one to beholdBIGTRUCKBIGRV is a splendid one to beholdBIGTRUCKBIGRV is a splendid one to beholdBIGTRUCKBIGRV is a splendid one to beholdBIGTRUCKBIGRV is a splendid one to behold
wow look at this quote. I didn't realize that the cab is the same cab from the F150. I guess this is how they reduced production cost. I do like that they kept the round fenders and didn't copy GM with the squared ones.
"ike the new-for-2015 F-150, the new Super Duty’s body will be made of aluminum which we’re told will save up to 350 pounds over steel construction. In fact, Ford-Trucks.com’s Chad Kirchner says “the cab itself is a common piece shared with the F-150.” But the bed, fenders, hood, and front end are of course unique to Super Duty."

2017 Ford Super Duty: New Body,*Old Engines,*High-Tech Idiot-Proofing

Old 09-24-2015, 08:52 AM
Monster-4
Who? Me?
Monster-4 has much to be proud ofMonster-4 has much to be proud ofMonster-4 has much to be proud ofMonster-4 has much to be proud ofMonster-4 has much to be proud ofMonster-4 has much to be proud ofMonster-4 has much to be proud ofMonster-4 has much to be proud ofMonster-4 has much to be proud ofMonster-4 has much to be proud of
An intresting tibit:

"
Adaptive steering provides for increased confidence to help make towing the heaviest of loads easier and brings greater ease to navigating job sites and parking lots – with or without a trailer. The technology reduces the amount of steering input needed to change direction at low speed, while reducing sensitivity to steering input at higher speeds."

Wonder if this will be a completely electronic system for steering or a hydraulic/electronic hybrid?

Old 09-24-2015, 08:58 AM
Ricohman
Posting Guru
Ricohman has a good reputation on FTE.Ricohman has a good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by IronCobra View Post
wow look at this quote. I didn't realize that the cab is the same cab from the F150. I guess this is how they reduced production cost. I do like that they kept the round fenders and didn't copy GM with the squared ones.
"ike the new-for-2015 F-150, the new Super Duty’s body will be made of aluminum which we’re told will save up to 350 pounds over steel construction. In fact, Ford-Trucks.com’s Chad Kirchner says “the cab itself is a common piece shared with the F-150.” But the bed, fenders, hood, and front end are of course unique to Super Duty."

2017 Ford Super Duty: New Body,*Old Engines,*High-Tech Idiot-Proofing
That is the final nail in the coffin for buyers like me.
I like the fact that Fords F150 and SD line had two different (with the SD being larger) bodies.
Now they are just like the GM offerings?
But some of don't want a smaller more civilized truck.
What's next? IFS?

Old 09-24-2015, 08:59 AM
wharrell
Senior User
wharrell is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Any word on emissions system changes and if there is now a 9th injector in the exhaust system rather than pushing the fuel for regeneration through the left cylinder bank on the exhaust stroke?

I have not seen anything yet in the documents.

My hunch is nothing will change

Old 09-24-2015, 09:02 AM
Ricohman
Posting Guru
Ricohman has a good reputation on FTE.Ricohman has a good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by wharrell View Post
Any word on emissions system changes and if there is now a 9th injector in the exhaust system rather than pushing the fuel for regeneration through the left cylinder bank on the exhaust stroke?

I have not seen anything yet in the documents.

My hunch is nothing will change
If they are using F150 cabs to reduce costs, I don't think they are going to add a ninth injector.

Old 09-24-2015, 09:08 AM
Tofan
Posting Guru
Tofan is a splendid one to beholdTofan is a splendid one to beholdTofan is a splendid one to beholdTofan is a splendid one to beholdTofan is a splendid one to beholdTofan is a splendid one to behold
Yep, Looks like the next truck I would even look at to get is the NEXT redesign, because this one is a joke. I'll be keeping my truck for a VERY long time. I mean, if they would re-design the headlights, I could maybe like it a little more, but I doubt that will happen.

Old 09-24-2015, 09:38 AM
Karl4Cat
Post Fiend
Karl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by Ricohman View Post
That is the final nail in the coffin for buyers like me.
I like the fact that Fords F150 and SD line had two different (with the SD being larger) bodies.
Now they are just like the GM offerings?
But some of don't want a smaller more civilized truck.
What's next? IFS?

Actually, the F150's crew cab has been larger than the SD for quite a while... at least the back seat area. Much better for passengers.

Old 09-24-2015, 09:38 AM
Karl4Cat
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Monster-4 View Post
An intresting tibit:

"
Adaptive steering provides for increased confidence to help make towing the heaviest of loads easier and brings greater ease to navigating job sites and parking lots with or without a trailer. The technology reduces the amount of steering input needed to change direction at low speed, while reducing sensitivity to steering input at higher speeds."

Wonder if this will be a completely electronic system for steering or a hydraulic/electronic hybrid?

That's a cool find. High end cars like BMW have been using a system like this for years.

Old 09-24-2015, 09:41 AM
Karl4Cat
Post Fiend
Old 09-24-2015, 10:05 AM
my_crib_too
Posting Guru
my_crib_too has a spectacular reputation.my_crib_too has a spectacular reputation.my_crib_too has a spectacular reputation.my_crib_too has a spectacular reputation.my_crib_too has a spectacular reputation.my_crib_too has a spectacular reputation.my_crib_too has a spectacular reputation.my_crib_too has a spectacular reputation.my_crib_too has a spectacular reputation.my_crib_too has a spectacular reputation.my_crib_too has a spectacular reputation.
I've looked at a few threads here and have seen many of the pictures. I think it looks nice. It's not "I got to sell my 2015" nice but it's nice enough. I don't think it different enough to bring people from other brands to the camp but it's nice enough to keep the camp happy.

I wish they would have been bolder.

bruce...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2017 6.7 Pics

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: