6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

2017 6.7 Pics

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2015, 02:36 AM
Pocketlint
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by IronCobra
Guys i think weve just entered the realm of the $90k pickup....
And some of the Big 3 think we have not reached the ceiling yet on the price of HD trucks have a look at this article ( hope it is okay to post the link to the story )

Sky's the limit: Trucks get more refined and expensive

Old 09-24-2015, 06:23 AM
System
Prolocutor
Received 1,197 Likes on 573 Posts
Here's a link to the Ford page with all the pics, videos, etc. Boxed frame is cool. Wish it had the rumored 10 speed. Looks like only the 250 is getting a new tranny. No report on power increases yet. https://media.ford.com/content/fordm...einvented.html

As to looks, it looks better to me from more angles than just the leaked cell pic that's been out all summer. However, no one should be surprised. That pic has been on jalopnik for months and it's the same truck we are seeing now...

The best part for me is I found one of the pics showed an Ingot Silver one...

Old 09-24-2015, 06:37 AM
Monster-4
Logistics Pro
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
The C channel frame will remain behind the cab. From the cab forward it will be a boxed frame. Sounds like a good and interesting combo to me.

As far as the looks I agree with Karl4Cat it looks much better than the leaked photos. There are only two things I don't like. First is the vertical plauque along the A-pillar in front of the front door. Looks just stuck on like an after thought and it's too big. The second thing is I HATE the looks of the side view mirrors. I do like the idea of the LED spot light in them though.

Old 09-24-2015, 06:43 AM
System
Prolocutor
From Ford: "All-new 2017 Ford F-Series Super Duty pickup trucks feature a fully boxed frame from front to back, with 95 percent high-strength steel and up to 24 percent improved stiffness – enabling the truck to tow and haul more than ever."

One thing I don't like is it is reported to be 1.5" taller than the previous generation. It's already hard enough to level a 5ver behind these tall trucks. Now they are making them taller. Well, at least the DRW's are shorter to start with so hopefully I'll remain level hooked up...

Old 09-24-2015, 06:50 AM
System
Prolocutor
I'd like to see the crew cab version of these doors: "All-new 2017 Ford F-Series Super Duty SuperCab and Crew Cab offers reverse-opening side doors that open up to 170 degrees for improved loading of cargo into the truck, plus a fully flat floor behind the front seats that makes it easy to load large items."

Old 09-24-2015, 06:51 AM
sdetweil
Hotshot

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Karl4Cat
From Ford: "All-new 2017 Ford F-Series Super Duty pickup trucks feature a fully boxed frame from front to back, with 95 percent high-strength steel and up to 24 percent improved stiffness – enabling the truck to tow and haul more than ever."

One thing I don't like is it is reported to be 1.5" taller than the previous generation. It's already hard enough to level a 5ver behind these tall trucks. Now they are making them taller. Well, at least the DRW's are shorter to start with so hopefully I'll remain level hooked up...
maybe the boxed frame will stop the 45mph harmonic some have had

I decided to go to the TX state fair this year (next weekend, 10/3), so I'll get to see one close up..

Old 09-24-2015, 06:56 AM
Monster-4
Logistics Pro

Interesting because right in the official Media site they say

"The backbone is an all-new, fully boxed frame comprised of more than 95 percent high-strength steel that offers up to 24 times stiffer than the previous frame – enabling the most towing and hauling capability ever delivered by Super Duty....

...Super Duty chassis cab features an all-new, high-strength steel frame with an open-C-channel design behind the cab to enable easy aftermarket body upfit and modification."

Edit: on second read it says the chassis cab will still have open C channel behind the cab but the pickup box trucks will get fully boxed front to back.

Old 09-24-2015, 06:58 AM
System
Prolocutor
That is strange but in the pic I posted it looks fully boxed no? Here's where I got the pic and quote: https://media.ford.com/content/fordm...einvented.html

If you click on the pic of the frame...

But as I read further and look at all the pics, I do see the rear C channel frame like you said. Will have to read more to see which model get's what.

Old 09-24-2015, 07:02 AM
Monster-4
Logistics Pro
That is strange but in the pic I posted it looks fully boxed no? Here's where I got the pic and quote: https://media.ford.com/content/fordm...einvented.html

If you click on the pic of the frame...

But as I read further and look at all the pics, I do see the rear C channel frame like you said. Will have to read more to see which model get's what.
No I think you're right. I missed the part in my first read that the chassis cab trucks will get an open C channel behind the cab. The pickup box trucks sound like they will have a fully boxed frame front to back.

Old 09-24-2015, 07:05 AM
System
Prolocutor
Old 09-24-2015, 07:15 AM
Monster-4
Logistics Pro
Really think the surround cameras, trailer camera, trailer BLIS and the extra upfitters switches are pretty awesome. Can't wait to see this truck in the real world.

Old 09-24-2015, 07:16 AM
SavageNFS
Hotshot
Received 7,054 Likes on 2,213 Posts
I really am thankful that FoMoCo made me fall in love with my '11 even more.

Old 09-24-2015, 07:17 AM
Monster-4
Logistics Pro
One thing they mentioned is

"The new truck line features heavier-duty four-wheel-drive components, driveline, axles and towing hardware."

This is very vague. Wonder what the changes are...

Old 09-24-2015, 07:24 AM
sdetweil
Hotshot

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
didn't say anything about headlight improvements.. but looks like they are sharing the F150 headlights.

Old 09-24-2015, 07:30 AM
System
Prolocutor
I have officially changed my position. I friggen love it.

Quick Reply: 2017 6.7 Pics