Notices
6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2017 6.7 Pics

Old 09-23-2015, 08:05 PM
Brandon D
Lead Foot User
Brandon D is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Brandon D is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
IMO that's just horrible. Looks like they took a '15 F150 front end and glued it to a '14 Chev as others have said. I had high hopes but am glad I went with the '15 body style and hopefully I can hold onto it until the redesign.

Old 09-23-2015, 08:25 PM
Powerdude
Elder User
Powerdude is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
In retrospect, those body lines look like somebody just took a Chevy and Photoshop stretched the current grill bars.

I calling it a fake, or FomoCo has completely lost every shred of design competence.

I'll wait for the real pics in 2 days from the Texas State Fair. Maybe they will have some good powertrain announcements to make up for the potentially hideous looks. I could live with a 4 valve 6.2 Liter, and a 8 speed tranny.

Old 09-23-2015, 08:37 PM
Troy Buenger
Postmaster
Troy Buenger is a splendid one to beholdTroy Buenger is a splendid one to beholdTroy Buenger is a splendid one to beholdTroy Buenger is a splendid one to beholdTroy Buenger is a splendid one to beholdTroy Buenger is a splendid one to beholdTroy Buenger is a splendid one to beholdTroy Buenger is a splendid one to behold
I like it....

Old 09-23-2015, 08:57 PM
Dim Sum
Posting Guru
Dim Sum has a spectacular reputation.Dim Sum has a spectacular reputation.Dim Sum has a spectacular reputation.Dim Sum has a spectacular reputation.Dim Sum has a spectacular reputation.Dim Sum has a spectacular reputation.Dim Sum has a spectacular reputation.Dim Sum has a spectacular reputation.Dim Sum has a spectacular reputation.Dim Sum has a spectacular reputation.Dim Sum has a spectacular reputation.
I personally think the GMC is the best looking truck on the road, but hate the interior. Ford will prolly knock the interior out of the park with this model too.

In the end, this will sell well and I'm excited for Ford.

Old 09-23-2015, 09:12 PM
Ricohman
Posting Guru
Ricohman has a good reputation on FTE.Ricohman has a good reputation on FTE.
After looking at a few more pics, I believe my first opinion was too mild, saying it looked like an F150 that swallowed a chevy.
I won't buy one if it looks like that. I was hoping to move into an 18' but not now.
No way. What are they thinking? The front end on a big pickup is the centerpiece of the trucks exterior.
Unless this is some kind of photoshop hoax.

Old 09-23-2015, 10:43 PM
twigsV10
Posting Guru
twigsV10 has much to be proud oftwigsV10 has much to be proud oftwigsV10 has much to be proud oftwigsV10 has much to be proud oftwigsV10 has much to be proud oftwigsV10 has much to be proud oftwigsV10 has much to be proud oftwigsV10 has much to be proud of
At least they didn't include the ridiculous high square arched wheel wells that GM has.... Honestly it's not a bad truck other than the door handles, they're not Super Duty. Some of the bling is over the top I will admit.

Old 09-23-2015, 10:55 PM
Dim Sum
Posting Guru
Dim Sum has a spectacular reputation.Dim Sum has a spectacular reputation.Dim Sum has a spectacular reputation.Dim Sum has a spectacular reputation.Dim Sum has a spectacular reputation.Dim Sum has a spectacular reputation.Dim Sum has a spectacular reputation.Dim Sum has a spectacular reputation.Dim Sum has a spectacular reputation.Dim Sum has a spectacular reputation.Dim Sum has a spectacular reputation.
Originally Posted by IronCobra View Post
I guess they are just calling themselves liers for all the reasons they stuck with a Open C frame
Just like Ram and the 2010-2012 models that did not have DEF. Can't believe everything the manufacturer says....

Old 09-23-2015, 11:19 PM
Dim Sum
Posting Guru
Old 09-23-2015, 11:19 PM
BIGTRUCKBIGRV
Posting Guru
BIGTRUCKBIGRV is a splendid one to beholdBIGTRUCKBIGRV is a splendid one to beholdBIGTRUCKBIGRV is a splendid one to beholdBIGTRUCKBIGRV is a splendid one to beholdBIGTRUCKBIGRV is a splendid one to beholdBIGTRUCKBIGRV is a splendid one to beholdBIGTRUCKBIGRV is a splendid one to beholdBIGTRUCKBIGRV is a splendid one to behold
I dojt kmow. I thimk it could grow on me. Strongest fully boxed frame every built. .. kinda cool

Old 09-23-2015, 11:30 PM
BIGTRUCKBIGRV
Posting Guru
BIGTRUCKBIGRV is a splendid one to beholdBIGTRUCKBIGRV is a splendid one to beholdBIGTRUCKBIGRV is a splendid one to beholdBIGTRUCKBIGRV is a splendid one to beholdBIGTRUCKBIGRV is a splendid one to beholdBIGTRUCKBIGRV is a splendid one to beholdBIGTRUCKBIGRV is a splendid one to beholdBIGTRUCKBIGRV is a splendid one to behold
Guys i think weve just entered the realm of the $90k pickup....

Old 09-23-2015, 11:35 PM
Dim Sum
Posting Guru
I hope not. I can't afford a $90k pickup truck. Heck, I can't afford (won't afford) a $70k pickup truck.

I thought the $56k I spent on mine was too much money. We will see how prices go, but maybe Nissan is smart to wait on pricing their new truck to see how much they can undercut the new Superduty on price.

Old 09-23-2015, 11:52 PM
twigsV10
Posting Guru
twigsV10 has much to be proud oftwigsV10 has much to be proud oftwigsV10 has much to be proud oftwigsV10 has much to be proud oftwigsV10 has much to be proud oftwigsV10 has much to be proud oftwigsV10 has much to be proud oftwigsV10 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by IronCobra View Post
Guys i think weve just entered the realm of the $90k pickup....
Obviously my 06 Super Duty is going to neads to run for a very long time before I can afford one of these trucks even if it's not that extreme of a price..... it's almost in the range of the 100k for a farm tractor I use almost every day for work and can justify but a pick up truck I use every day for little things and pull heavy on occasion isn't worth that kind of money....

Old 09-24-2015, 12:47 AM
TRENT310
Posting Guru
TRENT310 has a spectacular reputation.TRENT310 has a spectacular reputation.TRENT310 has a spectacular reputation.TRENT310 has a spectacular reputation.TRENT310 has a spectacular reputation.TRENT310 has a spectacular reputation.TRENT310 has a spectacular reputation.TRENT310 has a spectacular reputation.TRENT310 has a spectacular reputation.TRENT310 has a spectacular reputation.TRENT310 has a spectacular reputation.
Originally Posted by Dim Sum View Post
Just like Ram and the 2010-2012 models that did not have DEF. Can't believe everything the manufacturer says....
Eveything your competition offers sucks, until you integrate it into your own product... then it's the best thing ever, right?

I dunno, so my 2015 Ram has the boxed frame and I'm not really sure how that design is supposed to be so much better... it still bounces on concrete roadways just the same. It was just more of a pain when I was putting in the lift kit on the parts that have to drill through the frame actually. You can see why vehicle upfitters prefer the open frame design and it's likely the chassis cabs will remain that way.

Old 09-24-2015, 01:03 AM
BrodyUSMC
Junior User
BrodyUSMC is starting off with a positive reputation.
not my favorite

Old 09-24-2015, 02:19 AM
Pocketlint
Posting Guru
Pocketlint has a good reputation on FTE.Pocketlint has a good reputation on FTE.
Hmmm... I have to agree with some of the others about the Chev look. One thing I have always liked about the Ford's is they have always had that beefy look to them and in my opinion they stood out from Dodge and Chev because of that.

The Fords looked like they were ready for some hard and heavy work and of course we all know they had the horsepower and ability to pull. The Ford SD's stood out from the Chev and Dodge because of the fact there was no real distinction btwn the 1/2, 3/4 and 1 ton's.

If you saw a SD you knew right away it was a 250 or 350 and up. Of course FMC is going to want to do a redo of the truck to freshen the appearance, we saw that from the 7.3, the 6.0, and the 6.4 and 6.7 to a degree. Now though we are seeing the F150's with this look from the front end, I dont know about the interior yet as the dealers lot always seems to pull me over to the 6.7 end lol.
One of the biggest things I see is where there doesn't seem to be any distinction btwn the F150, F250 and F350 from the pics.

Ford has always made the SD's stand out, and I would hate to see that go away. I liked that it stood out. As for the interiors I will say Ford does have the ability to innovate and make them look mighty tempting to want to get in one and take it for a drive. FMC has that in their favour over Dodge and Chev IMHO.

Looks like this will be a wait and see moment with the 17's

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2017 6.7 Pics

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: