1980 - 1986 Bullnose F100, F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Early Eighties Bullnose Ford Truck

Anybody living in Oregon, close to Bend to check a truck for me?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2014, 11:33 AM
Romel77
More Turbo
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Anybody living in Oregon, close to Bend to check a truck for me?

Hi guys, I am just curious if anybody lives close enough to check a truck for me. I am living in Europe and want to import it here, but nobody answers the guy from Europe as all think I am a crooked idiot. I am searching for almost a year, and this one is almost perfect chance. I have been writing here with couple guys on IDI forum as the truck is IDI. Thańks for any help, when anybody needs something from Europe just ask, I try my best. Thanks in advance for any help.

Jan

Old 04-30-2014, 12:30 PM
ctubutis
Received 72 Likes on 56 Posts
We've had a few guys here talk about their importing/exporting experiences over the years...

Where is the truck at? Do you have a link to a For Sale ad or anything?

Old 04-30-2014, 01:39 PM
Gary Lewis
Posting Legend
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Chris - Isn't Matthew in Oregon?

Jan - Loved Prague. Anyway, we should at least be able to talk to the guy and get him to talk to you.

Old 04-30-2014, 02:02 PM
ctubutis
Received 72 Likes on 56 Posts
IIRC Matthew is in Washington state but I seem to remember at least one Oregon guy here - somebody, someplace... I think...

Old 04-30-2014, 02:11 PM
Ken Blythen
Cargo Master
Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts
Jan

I've imported two ex-US trucks to New Zealand out of California, because they are almost rust-free & are cheaper than the same, Australian built F-Series trucks here.

Both times I had the shipping agent arrange an inspection (at my expense) when I had found what seemed a good truck - maybe you can do the same.

I've known a few people who ran the risk of buying without an inspection, & have been stung badly.

Old 04-30-2014, 05:50 PM
Romel77
More Turbo
http://bend.craigslist.org/cto/4410729361.html It is perfect for me, the truck has to be 30 years old to get here in Prague title for it, as we can import up to 8 years and over thirty years nothing in the middle. Ridiculous but it is truth. I have never done importing car, kind of scared but I do not have enough money to take an agent for it. The idea was to get somebody look at it, I would send him the money to buy it if it is any good. Then I would fly over as I have some friends in Astoria, they are all in their 70 ties and doesnt know anything about cars, I already tried them and all said sorry. And I would drive it to LA and get it to the containerto Europe. Yes maybe I think of it too easy, maybe. I have been Exchange student in Astoria 19 years ago.

Anyway when anybody needs something from Europe, I can try my best in Exchange.
Thanks

Jan

Old 04-30-2014, 05:59 PM
Romel77
More Turbo
Anyway if I buy it I would need zf5 and all the parts for conversion, I have a friend in Arizona that would get that for me, really nice guy from IDI forum, we mail over a year, however it is too far for him to go check that truck and I understand that. I would love to meet him personaly. He is now buying european car vw jetta tdi, as it has great MPG. I would help him with any parts for it as I work on these cars daily and can service them blind.

Thanks for any help.

Jan

Trending Topics

Old 04-30-2014, 06:11 PM
Romel77
More Turbo
Gary Lewis have u been in Prague? It is lovely place to visit, but hell to live in this crooked country, believe me. They do not want american cars here and make all kind of nonsense rules to not allow it on the road. Legal regular title is almost impossible, and when yes it costs like 4-5000 dollars and as the IDI was never imported here, they do not have emission levels and such, u need to go to the research institute and they run tests bla bla. However I can get vintage title, but has to be at least 30 years old, and still there might be a problém with the turbo, as they might want the truck to be stock to get that title. However their knowledge around IDI is equal to zero, I hope I would pass it.

Old 04-30-2014, 06:26 PM
FordFETruck
Logistics Pro
Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Gary Lewis
Chris - Isn't Matthew in Oregon?

Jan - Loved Prague. Anyway, we should at least be able to talk to the guy and get him to talk to you.
I'm a good 300 miles north of Bend, Gary lol.

Old 04-30-2014, 07:46 PM
Luke76
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I live in Oregon, but not particularly close to Bend. However there are lots of FTE guys in Oregon, just not very many in the 80-86 forum.

You may wish to post over in the Oregon Chapter forum, you will probably get a better response there.

Old 04-30-2014, 10:18 PM
Romel77
More Turbo
Thanks Luke, I do that.

Old 04-30-2014, 10:48 PM
Gary Lewis
Posting Legend
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by Romel77
Gary Lewis have u been in Prague? It is lovely place to visit, but hell to live in this crooked country, believe me. They do not want american cars here and make all kind of nonsense rules to not allow it on the road. Legal regular title is almost impossible, and when yes it costs like 4-5000 dollars and as the IDI was never imported here, they do not have emission levels and such, u need to go to the research institute and they run tests bla bla. However I can get vintage title, but has to be at least 30 years old, and still there might be a problém with the turbo, as they might want the truck to be stock to get that title. However their knowledge around IDI is equal to zero, I hope I would pass it.
Yes, I've been to Prague. Stayed in a hotel in a converted monastery if I remember correctly. Went to a concert of classical music. And took a walking tour of the city, starting in the central square. Loved it.

I hope you can get the truck you are looking for. Are you a native?