Nevada Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:67 Olfthfl

Nevada's March BS Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2014, 02:11 PM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 123 Likes on 119 Posts
Hey Bruce, you want to go with me to Donna's this Saturday? Going to head over there for a visit, and will be go by your place to get there.

Jim

Old 03-18-2014, 04:35 PM
kermmydog
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Good Afternoon Nevada.

Donna, Jim my friend who is in Rnown Hospital, was getting ready to be released. He is facing dialysis the rest of his life it appears, when the doctors decided they need a kidney biopsy. So they decided to hold him an extra day. Well yesterday they did the biopsy, in doing so they cut an artery or vein. He almost died yesterday afternoon. But thanks to 8 doctors who where rushed in, some in street clothes they were able to save his life. I'll tell you where does it stop. He is back in ICU for now.

Bruce, just so you know in Nevada there is a $50,000 cap on medical law suits. That is why I never sued, because even with the surgeon who saved my life saying they screwed up, my Lawyer told me it would cost more to sue than could be recovered. That if they were willing to pickup all my medical bills that I would be far ahead.
I say this because of your comment awhile back when I told of my experience.

Old 03-18-2014, 05:45 PM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

That 50k cap on medical lawsuits is a joke. 10 days stay in a hospital and you are at 50k. That sucks that your friend almost died due to a mistake by one of the doctors, but it is good to know that his life was saved. Nobody is perfect, not even doctors, but when they make a mistake, it could cost a life. Glad it didn't in this case.

Jim

Old 03-19-2014, 07:59 AM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
Received 222 Likes on 181 Posts
Good morning Nevada, welcome to the last day of winter!!

Old 03-19-2014, 09:40 AM
Bdox
Fleet Owner

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Hiya Pat, I guess my Nevada pals are sleeping in. Or humping in, who knows.

Anyway, have a good one!

Old 03-19-2014, 10:12 AM
Gembone
Logistics Pro
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Morning FTE friends. I hope you are having a good day so far.

Nothing going on here, but homework and housework, Bleh

Old 03-19-2014, 10:37 AM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Happy humpeth day Nevada FTE and friends. Hope everyone has a great day.

Jim

Old 03-19-2014, 10:50 AM
67 Olfthfl
Nevada Chapter LDR

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Morning Guys,

Happy Hump Day

I can hardly wait until Saturday. I'm excited to finally be able to meet Jim.

Does anyone want to come to a small GTG?

On a different note, yesterday turned out to be quite depressing & emotional.

I was helping a dear friend out doing the Home Healthcare thing & was watching his mother so he could run out for a bit. After his return, I ran home to get him some Liquid Tylenol for his mom who had a low grade fever. By the time I got back w/in 10 minutes, she was breathing, but unresponsive & pale. I had my friend call her Hospice Nurse while I ran out & grabbed my 02/med bag from my 4 runner & in that short amount of time, she stopped breathing. I did CPR until her nurse arrived, but it was unsuccessful. God must have needed her more than we did.
On the plus side, she's not stressed out about things or in pain anymore. She's in a beautiful & much better place. Fly with angels Dolly

Old 03-19-2014, 10:56 AM
67 Olfthfl
Nevada Chapter LDR

Originally Posted by kermmydog
Good Afternoon Nevada.

Donna, Jim my friend who is in Rnown Hospital, was getting ready to be released. He is facing dialysis the rest of his life it appears, when the doctors decided they need a kidney biopsy. So they decided to hold him an extra day. Well yesterday they did the biopsy, in doing so they cut an artery or vein. He almost died yesterday afternoon. But thanks to 8 doctors who where rushed in, some in street clothes they were able to save his life. I'll tell you where does it stop. He is back in ICU for now.

Bruce, just so you know in Nevada there is a $50,000 cap on medical law suits. That is why I never sued, because even with the surgeon who saved my life saying they screwed up, my Lawyer told me it would cost more to sue than could be recovered. That if they were willing to pickup all my medical bills that I would be far ahead.
I say this because of your comment awhile back when I told of my experience.

My thoughts & prayers are with your friend, Jim. Please keep us posted.

Old 03-19-2014, 11:21 AM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

That is sad news about your friend, however, like you said, she is in a better place now, and feeling no pain.

Three more days until the gtg.

Jim

Old 03-19-2014, 12:47 PM
kermmydog
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by 67 Olfthfl
Morning Guys,

Happy Hump Day

I can hardly wait until Saturday. I'm excited to finally be able to meet Jim.

Does anyone want to come to a small GTG?

On a different note, yesterday turned out to be quite depressing & emotional.

I was helping a dear friend out doing the Home Healthcare thing & was watching his mother so he could run out for a bit. After his return, I ran home to get him some Liquid Tylenol for his mom who had a low grade fever. By the time I got back w/in 10 minutes, she was breathing, but unresponsive & pale. I had my friend call her Hospice Nurse while I ran out & grabbed my 02/med bag from my 4 runner & in that short amount of time, she stopped breathing. I did CPR until her nurse arrived, but it was unsuccessful. God must have needed her more than we did.
On the plus side, she's not stressed out about things or in pain anymore. She's in a beautiful & much better place. Fly with angels Dolly
Good Morning Gang

Sorry to hear that Donna, Thanks for your thoughts & prayers for Jim. I must say after the biopsy ordeal there is no doubt God is on his side. I had one of those experiences myself in 09. Getting old isn't for the weak.

Old 03-19-2014, 04:05 PM
Bdox
Fleet Owner

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Too much suffering, with relatives, friends and the flight 370! It gets to be just too much! My neighbor had some kind of eye bleed, I drove her to her eye doctor. Might get better but might no. Vision is impaired like halfway...

Old 03-20-2014, 08:31 AM
67 Olfthfl
Nevada Chapter LDR

Goodmorning Everyone,

Thankfully it's Thursday.

Thanks for the condolences guys. It really means alot!
Bruce- Praying that your neighbor gets well soon & has full vision recovery.

Yesterday ended on somewhat of a irritating note & I'm not looking forward to dealing with the issues this morning. If it's not Jimmy...it's my kids.
I feel like I'm being used as a scapegoat, but as of yet, I can't figure out what for or why? I hate being deceived & lied to about it when I confront them. It's hurts to know that I can't trust them.
Oh well, I guess for now I just have to give it all to God & trust him to deal with it.

On a more positive note, Kaedons 14th birthday is coming up on the 28th. I haven't decided on what to do yet for it. It's either that new indoor go cart track in Reno or Carson Hot Springs. Hmm...decisions, decisions?!
Any suggestions?

Have a great day!

Attached Images    
Old 03-20-2014, 09:41 AM
Gembone
Logistics Pro
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Morning everyone. I hope you have a great day.
I know we had not planned to move until the summer but things are rapidly changing in the neighborhood I live in and not for the better. There have been 6 break-ins in the last 3 months all within 6-7 houses of me. There maybe more but that is the area I know about. A house just up the street blew itself up with a meth lab. Another house just 2 doors down is selling drugs and has issues with the cops on a regular basis. To top all that off, Yesterday I caught someone casing my house to see if anyone was home. They beeped the horn once real quick. Luckily we don't have ankle bitter dogs and Mr. Barkley went nuts at the window. I look out to see a big white panel van with cardboard over the side windows and license plates. As soon as they got a look at Barkley they started pulling off, but as soon as I walked out to get a better look they gassed it. I saw them again cruising the neighborhood about an hour and a half later.

Now we are looking to move right away and I will just shuttle Minion back and forth to school.

Old 03-20-2014, 11:06 AM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Happy thirsty Thursday Nevada FTE and friends. Hope everyone has a great day.

So, Donna, you still want me to come out this weekend? or post pone it? I will not be able to do it on the following weekend as I will be going to a birthday party on the 29th (her birthday is the 27th, but they will have the party on Saturday).

Greg, that is too bad about the neighborhood. When I was living with my best friend, in the apartment complex across the street, we had similar problems, culminating with her being harassed at the bus stop. We moved out as quickly as possible. Now that I am living alone and she is living with her boyfriend, I am in a mobile home park just up the street from there and have had no problems at all. A change will do you good, and be much safer for your family, especially that straight A student of yours.

Jim

Quick Reply: Nevada's March BS Thread