Sponsored by: Halo Lifts

projected problems with 2015 Fseries

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2014, 10:56 PM
total_telecom
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
projected problems with 2015 Fseries

Ok aluminum, not sure we know enough to see how it's going to hold up over long term, especially when coming in contact with steel.

2.7l eco-boost start stop tech motor.
Eco-boost has already proved problematic and the long term is probably to be worse, Turbos are expensive and they do wear out. The start and stop technology has never Sat well with me at all . I honestly feel it can Create a lot of issues excessive wear and tear on bearings and everything else as well as electrical systems and starters. I think it's gonna be very problematic, especially over the long term.

A lot of the F150 drivers I know are driving for 10 years or better.

My honest opinion is dodge is going to seriously use this time to steal real truck fanatics away from Ford GM is doing pretty good job of it already.

Anytime you take a smaller motor and drive more horsepower and torque it's going to wear faster. End of story

Old 01-18-2014, 12:42 AM
rollerstud98
Postmaster

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Is that the end of the story for sure? Are the ecoboost problems so wide spread that they aren't selling now?

Old 01-18-2014, 12:59 AM
total_telecom
Freshman User
Originally Posted by rollerstud98
Is that the end of the story for sure? Are the ecoboost problems so wide spread that they aren't selling now?
I'm going to attempt to bring this into perspective. And I don't enjoy saying this. GM is selling eight trucks to one Ford F150 at this time. Over the long term absolutely eco-boost motors are going to be even more problematic . Mark my words in 4 to 6 years there's going to be guys on here complaining about having to replace their turbos and replacing crankshaft bearings , starters from start stop tech etc. Ford is getting way too far ahead of themselves for an engineering standpoint. And they want us to be the guinea pigs. Let's think about this we cant get Ford to take ownership for very common issues on the F series trucks now, what do you think it's gonna be like in the future? At least brands like Toyota take ownership of problems and make them right . I don't like the direction Ford is headed at all.

It's not about sales it's about longevity with trucks. When your gonna dump 50-60 maybe even $70,000 on the truck do you really want something that's not gonna go the distance for you? The days of $35,000 full-size trucks are a thing of the past, choose wisely.

Old 01-18-2014, 01:43 AM
paredneck33
Cargo Master
Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts
Originally Posted by total_telecom
I'm going to attempt to bring this into perspective. And I don't enjoy saying this. GM is selling eight trucks to one Ford F150 at this time. Over the long term absolutely eco-boost motors are going to be even more problematic . Mark my words in 4 to 6 years there's going to be guys on here complaining about having to replace their turbos and replacing crankshaft bearings , starters from start stop tech etc. Ford is getting way too far ahead of themselves for an engineering standpoint. And they want us to be the guinea pigs. Let's think about this we cant get Ford to take ownership for very common issues on the F series trucks now, what do you think it's gonna be like in the future? At least brands like Toyota take ownership of problems and make them right . I don't like the direction Ford is headed at all.

It's not about sales it's about longevity with trucks. When your gonna dump 50-60 maybe even $70,000 on the truck do you really want something that's not gonna go the distance for you? The days of $35,000 full-size trucks are a thing of the past, choose wisely.
Really, is that so? Do you have any proof to your claims? GM 8 to Ford 1. Where are you getting your info from? Just in 2013 ford sold an F150 every 41 seconds. GM hasn't and can't come close to that. That's why Ford is hiring more people and adding shifts, and they still are having a hard time keeping up with demand. Why are you even here? From the posts I've just read from you, you sound like a troll. 9 posts and not one positive thing to say, other then how great GM and Dodge are and how bad Ford sucks. That's why GM and Dodge needed the bailouts and Ford didn't right. If Ford didn't back their products I really don't think they'd be selling as many as they are. As far as many of the wear issues your talking about. That all comes down to lubrication and heat management. The better the maintenance the longer they will last. What proof do you have of Fords frames being weak? Don't get me wrong everyone is entitled their opinion. But to join a Ford enthusiast forum and do nothing but bash Ford's. That's just wrong. You better have proof to back your claims. I'm not saying Ford is perfect, but they are no where as bad as your claiming.

Old 01-18-2014, 01:52 AM
total_telecom
Freshman User
I'm no troll and spent hundreds of thousands of dollars on Ford vehicles over the years. I just don't like where they are headed. I think Ford is not making as high-quality truck as they should. especially for the dollars.

As far as the frames being weak, I had the bed and can Off of my frame on my 2012. I could lift the rear corner of the frame and pick the wheel up off the ground . The whole thing flexed. It was as bad as a ranger.

Sales numbers have nothing to do with vehicle quality, how many Ford Taurus were sold and are rusty history at this point ?

There will be some serious shakeups in the truck market in the next few years especially with prices skyrocketing. Someone will step to the plate and give people their money's worth, it will not be Ford Motor Company. All they care about are sales and profits . They have not stood behind any of the vehicles that I had problems with in the past . None. And the service advisors try to sell you repairs you don't need.

Old 01-18-2014, 02:02 AM
paredneck33
Cargo Master
So there's an easy fix for that. Go buy your GM, or Dodge. Oh wait that's right they aren't Dodge anymore. They are RAM now. My bad. Any go buy one if those trucks and join their sites. Better yet why don't you ask a GM stock holder how great that company is doing. 10 plus billions of dollars wiped clean of their debt. Who paid for it? The tax payers. Now seriously where is your proof of you HIGH CLAIMS against Ford. I'm not seeing any. Yeah like the competitors trucks aren't just as high of price?

Old 01-18-2014, 02:05 AM
total_telecom
Freshman User
Maybe Toyota?

It sounds like you've been around the forums, you can read all the complaints guys have about Ford not standing behind their vehicles . It doesn't take a brain surgeon

Old 01-18-2014, 02:07 AM
total_telecom
Freshman User
Originally Posted by paredneck33
So there's an easy fix for that. Go buy your GM, or Dodge. Oh wait that's right they aren't Dodge anymore. They are RAM now. My bad. Any go buy one if those trucks and join their sites. Better yet why don't you ask a GM stock holder how great that company is doing. 10 plus billions of dollars wiped clean of their debt. Who paid for it? The tax payers. Now seriously where is your proof of you HIGH CLAIMS against Ford. I'm not seeing any. Yeah like the competitors trucks aren't just as high of price?
It's our governments fault not the manufactures

Old 01-18-2014, 02:08 AM
paredneck33
Cargo Master
Seriously??? I can tell that you never ever worked on a vehicle. At least not in a body shop or mechanic shop. Next you'll be tell us how great Nissan's are cause their next Titan is gonna have a Cummins in it.

Old 01-18-2014, 02:09 AM
paredneck33
Cargo Master
It's our governments fault not the manufactures
How the He** do you figure that?

Old 01-18-2014, 02:13 AM
paredneck33
Cargo Master
Maybe Toyota?

It sounds like you've been around the forums, you can read all the complaints guys have about Ford not standing behind their vehicles . It doesn't take a brain surgeon
Yeah I also have first hand experience too. I can tell you GM, Dodge and Toyota don't warranty trucks that they deem to be used for commercial use as well. So again I say you still haven't given any proof to your previous statements.

Old 01-18-2014, 02:13 AM
total_telecom
Freshman User
How the He** do you figure that?
Because the Korean the Japanese automaker for making better vehicles and better sales. Why does our government need to bail out the automotive industry ? I think it was a stupid move. What do you a ford sales guy or something? And don't even get me started on the service advisors who try to sell you repairs don't even need

Old 01-18-2014, 02:16 AM
total_telecom
Freshman User
Yeah I also have first hand experience too. I can tell you GM, Dodge and Toyota don't warranty trucks that they deem to be used for commercial use as well. So again I say you still haven't given any proof to your previous statements.
No? If Toyota has several thousand vehicles that exhibit the same problems They recall them and pickup the Bill. Trying to get Ford to pick up the bill for anything is like trying to pull teeth, if you can even get a service advisor knows what the hell he's doing, all they care about is making commissions on repairs . But they're more than happy to sell you a new vehicle. Wouldn't it be interesting if Hyundai started making full size trucks in the USA?

Old 01-18-2014, 02:17 AM
total_telecom
Freshman User
I'm done with this conversation.

Old 01-18-2014, 02:19 AM
paredneck33
Cargo Master
No I am an auto body collision repair tech. I have worked on makes and models repairing both full frame and unibody vehicles. Plus I have also worked in several GM dealerships in their bodyshops. There was a reason those companies need the bailouts. Oh plus I should mention that I have a brother that works for a towing and recovery company and another that is a mechanic.

Quick Reply: projected problems with 2015 Fseries