1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why do you drive a super duty?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2013, 02:38 PM
acf6
Post Fiend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
My friend has one in a raptor, and it sounds awesome stock. Another friend has one in an F250 and that one sounds sweet too

this is the only video i have of my 5.4's exhaust before i sold it

Old 03-14-2013, 02:45 PM
bigblueknight
Mountain Pass
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by acf6
My friend has one in a raptor, and it sounds awesome stock. Another friend has one in an F250 and that one sounds sweet too

2011 F250 6.2 takeoff - YouTube

this is the only video i have of my 5.4's exhaust before i sold it
Gibson headers on Ford 5.4 - YouTube
both of them sound great. gotta admit I'm not much for pimping my ride when it comes to cars/ trucks. I save that for the dirtbikes. The only thing I plan on doing to a new truck is tinting the front windows to match the back and getting the bed lined. My tundra has a dark gray interior and all the plastic inside is black. never again even with the tinted windows and parked in the shade that thing cooks during the summer. definitely getting another white truck with a tan interior like my previous tundra was

Old 03-14-2013, 04:00 PM
BPofMD
FTE Legend

Received 1,135 Likes on 1,031 Posts
I drive my Super Duty to pull this:

Old 03-14-2013, 04:37 PM
SteveH-CO
Fleet Mechanic
Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts
At the time I bought mine, you couldn't get a big crew cab Toyota Tundra for the amount I wanted to spend ($12K or so). My Super Duty sits in the garage most of the time, but has loads of interior room for family vacations, and of course, it tows well. After a few cross-country vacations in a 4Runner and a Land Cruiser (much as I love 'em), it was time for a big Ford. Frankly, it's a real load to drive around town - huge, vague steering, feels like you lose 1/4" of tire tread going around every corner - but it is what it is. It is at home on the freeway, towing, and that's where I love it most. It will be the last big truck I own, as newer diesels don't interest me, and my needs will change, too. I may just keep it forever!

Old 03-14-2013, 05:17 PM
bigblueknight
Mountain Pass
Originally Posted by SteveH-CO
At the time I bought mine, you couldn't get a big crew cab Toyota Tundra for the amount I wanted to spend ($12K or so). My Super Duty sits in the garage most of the time, but has loads of interior room for family vacations, and of course, it tows well. After a few cross-country vacations in a 4Runner and a Land Cruiser (much as I love 'em), it was time for a big Ford. Frankly, it's a real load to drive around town - huge, vague steering, feels like you lose 1/4" of tire tread going around every corner - but it is what it is. It is at home on the freeway, towing, and that's where I love it most. It will be the last big truck I own, as newer diesels don't interest me, and my needs will change, too. I may just keep it forever!
I hear ya, Toyotas aren't cheap new or used. I live in downtown boise and go to school at boise state. there are times where even my tundra feels like a monster. I'm it's that way with a lot of full size crew cabs with a 6ft + bed. It'll definitely be interesting to see how things are with how much the tow mirrors stick out

Old 03-14-2013, 05:32 PM
PSDlongbox
Elder User
Always wanted one..found a good deal and pulled the trigger. I tow a car trailer now and again. I have absolutely no business owning an F250 let alone a diesel, but I like it so **** it lol. I have a company vehicle for daily driving so I don't really care about the price of diesel or the maint. as I only put about 5-6k miles a year on my rig

Old 03-14-2013, 06:24 PM
bigblueknight
Mountain Pass
Originally Posted by PSDlongbox
Always wanted one..found a good deal and pulled the trigger. I tow a car trailer now and again. I have absolutely no business owning an F250 let alone a diesel, but I like it so **** it lol. I have a company vehicle for daily driving so I don't really care about the price of diesel or the maint. as I only put about 5-6k miles a year on my rig
I don't really have any business getting one either but just like you I've always wanted one. This truck will be my first new car. Not meaning to sound spoiled. I had it really good growing up. My dad bought the truck I have now for his new truck when I was 16 and instead of trading in his old one, he kept it and I drove the old one to high school. My parents let me take it to college but it still belonged to them. Then two years ago when my dad passed away, I got the truck I have now. Now I'm just trying to decide between what I need in a truck and what I want in a truck

Old 03-14-2013, 07:15 PM
willtim1234
Mountain Pass
Solid front axle.

Old 03-14-2013, 07:20 PM
meetre
Junior User
Originally Posted by bigblueknight
I hear ya, Toyotas aren't cheap new or used. I live in downtown boise and go to school at boise state. there are times where even my tundra feels like a monster. I'm it's that way with a lot of full size crew cabs with a 6ft + bed. It'll definitely be interesting to see how things are with how much the tow mirrors stick out
Parking Garages at BSU are fun in a super duty. I love the looks I get driving through campus.

Old 03-14-2013, 09:43 PM
edawgm
Junior User
Why? That is a easy one....BAD ****!!!! I had a 2005 F-150 CC SB 4X4. I loved that truck and got a lot of compliments with it. I then ran across my current truck and had to say good bye to the F-150. 2004 F-350 6.0 CC SB DRW 4x4. I have always wanted a big truck. I guess you could say it was the Texas side of me that bigger is better...lol. I really do not haul anything on a regular basis, but knowing I can and never having to really think about it makes it fun. Do friends give me crap about it, yes, and then I threaten to hook chains to their bumper and drag their car around. It is all in good fun

Old 03-14-2013, 09:47 PM
RPM371
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by edawgm
I really do not haul anything on a regular basis, but knowing I can and never having to really think about it makes it fun. Do friends give me crap about it, yes, and then I threaten to hook chains to their bumper and drag their car around.
LOL! You get Reps for that kind of thinking my friend!

Old 03-14-2013, 10:16 PM
Hotpocket
Elder User
towed this today

Old 03-14-2013, 11:05 PM
texastech_diesel
Token Redneck

Received 102 Likes on 55 Posts
34" M/Ts look goofy on a Hyundai and I kept snapping the stub shafts off the transaxle, so I bought the truck to match the tires.... you shoulda seen that Hyundai haul through a pasture though.

Old 03-14-2013, 11:12 PM
edawgm
Junior User
Originally Posted by texastech_diesel
34" M/Ts look goofy on a Hyundai and I kept snapping the stub shafts off the transaxle, so I bought the truck to match the tires.... you shoulda seen that Hyundai haul through a pasture though.
It is sad I can actually picture this in my head...

Old 03-14-2013, 11:27 PM
texastech_diesel
Token Redneck

Received 102 Likes on 55 Posts
I'd totally rock a hatch back on 34s if I could A good photochop job like this maybe? Just look at the entry, departure and break-over angles... no Mall speedbump would be safe!

Quick Reply: Why do you drive a super duty?