Washington Chapter Washington Chapter
Join Chapter, Leader: Yahiko

*NEW* March Meet Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2013, 01:08 PM
joshofalltrades
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dylan, you're lucky there! i had a friend in a madza whose hood came unlatched on the freeway, flipped wide open and destroyed the hood, barley missed the windshield.
on another day, i was in an 86 ford on a logging road, forgot to latch the hood, and got to about 10 mph when it popped open, but no damage

Old 03-11-2013, 03:13 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
I've had the hood come up before when I had the OEM cable latch. All the mechs on it were loose and would come unlatched. Luckily my hood is a heavy SOB so it didn't go up very far. This time, it was latched in 1 click but not down all the way. Kind of like when you let a hood down slow and it clicks down but isn't fully latched? That's how mine was today. My can od PB Blaster had fallen down and got the cap jammed in-between the PS pump and the inner fender. That was the only thing keeping it from falling out of the engine bay and onto the road.

My other can was still where I left it as was the rag I had in there. Other than that, this morning was fine. Tomorrow will be interesting, it will be my first day there. I have to find out the pay schedule so I can figure out when I get my first check... I need it for gas mostly.

Old 03-11-2013, 04:41 PM
Yahiko
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 542 Likes on 396 Posts
Dylan Congratulations on the NEW job

I had a 70 or 72 Maverick pop a hood up on a 50 MPH country road.
Good thing it was warm out I had the window open and was able to stick
my head out. The hood made a perfect front window cover and did not even
give you a small opening at the bottom to look out of.
It's also a good thing I don't panic until way after the problem is done and dealt with.
The one up side it did not crack the glass. I closed the hood hard after that and
when I got home I had a latch to rework.

Sean

Old 03-11-2013, 05:04 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
thanks . If mine had caught enough air to really fly up it might have just come off and hit whoever was behind me. My hood hinges aren't in the best shape. One has a crack in it which might be why it doesn't sit all the way down.

Old 03-14-2013, 11:54 PM
Opossum
Postmaster
Count me in this time around and I think so everyone can plan we should stick with the Renton Round Table on the 30th.

That said while the Renton Round Table is great for me I think it's only fair we move north or even east at times. On that Dylan you know where I am at you can ride with me if you want to come to one further north but not put fuel in your rig to bring it.

I also think it would be good now that we have more light and warmer weather to find places to meet up that are more truck friendly as in more parking space to screw around in.

Just my 2 cents.

EDIT ohh yeah, and if the east side guys want to get together how about some of us west side crew-cab guys carpool for those that don't want to drive.

Old 03-16-2013, 01:42 AM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Thanks for the offer but I should be good. I just got a job at a plumbing place at $12/hr. I have yet to get my first paycheck and I'm sure most of it will disappear quickly but I should be able to afford gas easily. We do have a camping trip planned in May I think. the Summer get together thing that Snowbunny posted about. We have done a few northern ones out in Lynnwood and Kind of the Renton Kirkland area. How much further North are you thinking?

Old 03-16-2013, 02:46 AM
crash1
Posting Guru
there is a big 4x4 sand/mud event in moses lake memorial weekend in may i am trying to hit that if anyone else is interested.

Old 03-24-2013, 03:42 AM
Yahiko
FTE Chapter Leader
The 30th @ 6:00 Pm is coming up. For the people that don't look at the
calendar much (that is me) That is going to be this next Saturday.
Round Table Pizza
302 SW 43rd St, Renton, WA
(425) 251-0606

So Who is planning on being there?

Sean

Old 03-24-2013, 03:52 AM
joewelds
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm hoping I can be there. I, unfortunately won't know till Friday once I get off work. But I really want to as I won't be able to next month. I am supposed to start 7/12's April 1st. Working on American Seafoods boat the Rover. A bunch of pipe welding. Which translates to a new engine from Opposum. Ya-hoooooooo.

Old 03-24-2013, 03:57 AM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
I will probably make it. Who knows what I will be driving though. Most likely not my bronco though.

Old 03-24-2013, 03:34 PM
joshofalltrades
Postmaster
i hope to be there this time, i think i'm still free, so unless i end up working late again...

Old 03-24-2013, 03:43 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
I plan to go, I don't have any obligations except the Bronco. Which that won't be completed till I have 4-5 steel rims prepped to go on the tires. If I can score 5 of the same 15x8 rims that aren't all goofed up from rust or damage, then I can get them mounted and balanced and I will be sitting happy. Then if I have a 5th one I can buy a 5th 35" tire and finally have a spare. Then I need to figure out a way to store the tire on the truck where it is easily removable but not in the way. I was thinking a rack on the fiberglass roof similar to how some jeep kids do theirs. It wouldn't be too easy to get the tire off the roof but I'm sure a bit of manhandling and it would work.

Old 03-24-2013, 03:49 PM
Yahiko
FTE Chapter Leader
At least you can change one of you tires. Right now I have to call
road-side-assistance

I'll be at this one also. Time to talk camping projects.

Sean

Old 03-24-2013, 03:53 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
I can't change tires D: I don't have a spare right now. If I got a flat I would have to either call roadside/towing truck or run it on a flat till I got to a place to fix it. I also don't currently have a jack in the truck because I don't have one I can lift on my own that will reach the axle. I need a hi-lift jack but again, run into the space issue. Another thing that would be hanging out on the roof.

Old 03-24-2013, 04:38 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Also, sorry Joe I haven't gone to the junkyard in while so I don't know about the Saginaw situation. Did you ever find one?

Quick Reply: *NEW* March Meet Thread!