6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

This is prolly a 1 page thread at most

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2022, 12:28 PM
Seabiscuit-P3
Hotshot
Received 4,276 Likes on 1,312 Posts
Morning all. Well, after nearly 3 hours on the phone with 2 tech support people, the last one with a bad cell phone (I'm sure) connection with some Roosters crowing in the background, they have decided that the brand new Samsung Surround Sound system we put in for our "home theater" is bad. That makes 2 in a row. Pretty frustrating.

The following 3 users liked this post by Seabiscuit-P3:
Old 08-01-2022, 07:11 AM
SavageNFS
Hotshot
Received 7,548 Likes on 2,318 Posts
Good morning guys and Happy Monday!

Looks like everyone had a nice weekend!

Bart, cool airplane! Are you going to finish it and then flip it? Or flip it as is?

Eric, I'm glad you are enjoying retirement!

Gerry, great pics!

Don, that's a cool plant, bush whatever the heck that is! I like it.

Jim, any changes planned for the toy hauler after the most recent trip?

Jim, that sucks about the surround sound system, but hopefully they get it replaced. I hate having to deal with that crap.

Don, that is definitely more HonDUH than any of us could handle!!! Sure is easy on the eyes!

Trip was really fun this weekend!

We got a late start on Friday because of, you know, life/work/responsibilities/etc. However, once we were on the road it was so nice. I love that feeling .

Of course we needed Fuel...

Not sure who was more excited?

Camp was nice and peaceful. The weBoost was a weBUST. It works great at boosting a signal, but there is NOT signal to be boosted here. Oh well.

Saturday morning!

Giving the doggos a little time to stretch their legs and have some water on the trail.

We looked at two parcels of land. One was pretty decent and the other one was beautiful. Both were 10+ acres and in my price range. They didn't do it for Linda. We are in a bit of trouble here. She lights up at waterfront property. I like it, but I want some acreage. So this is going to be a significant challenge. We did find this place on 1.5 acres, but it didn't have enough buildable area to put up a big enough shop for me. If it did, I would have bought it. Wifey will gut anything we buy so only pay attention to the property/view.

Road side

Lake side

Lake is just under 300 acres. Decent size and I loved the view.

We stopped at our scenic overlook to see the view and it delivered!

Such a beautiful Wisconsin view...

Rig looked pretty ok as well

We took the car for pizza on Sunday! Thanks Bruce!

The following 9 users liked this post by SavageNFS:
Chad149, Desert Don, djousma, Jigger2020, my_crib_too, Paw's 150 Lariat, Sailor Roy, Seabiscuit-P3, Tim Young and 4 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 08-01-2022, 07:35 AM
Desert Don
Lead Driver
Received 4,754 Likes on 1,685 Posts
Good morning Andre and Company!
Looks like a great w/e was has by all. Great pics! Good luck on finding something and both agreeing that it is the perfect spot!
Had more rain here yesterday! Wow, can’t believe this.
All have a fine day.

The following 4 users liked this post by Desert Don:
Old 08-01-2022, 07:50 AM
Jigger2020
FTE Legend
Received 5,338 Likes on 1,726 Posts
Great pics Andre, nice country up there, good luck finding a place

have a good day truckers

The following 2 users liked this post by Jigger2020:
Old 08-01-2022, 09:08 AM
HRTKD
Boondocker
Received 7,029 Likes on 2,829 Posts
Andre, I think your property criteria and mine are very similar. I have no need for waterfront property. 5 acres is a minimum. Space for a large garage is non-negotiable. House? What house? LOL.

No movement on the toy hauler major maintenance. I did create a new 45' extension cable for my ground deployed solar panels. The existing 25' cable wasn't long enough to give me options when deploying the panels.

I'll be down at the storage lot today to pick up the ATV on the ATV trailer. The ATV trailer hasn't left the storage lot in a good three years. With new tires (as of last week) and greased bearings it should be good to go. My hunting partner and I will be heading up into the mountains tomorrow to scout out the area we're going to hunt this fall.

The following 4 users liked this post by HRTKD:
Old 08-01-2022, 09:21 AM
SavageNFS
Hotshot
Originally Posted by HRTKD
Andre, I think your property criteria and mine are very similar. I have no need for waterfront property. 5 acres is a minimum. Space for a large garage is non-negotiable. House? What house? LOL.

No movement on the toy hauler major maintenance. I did create a new 45' extension cable for my ground deployed solar panels. The existing 25' cable wasn't long enough to give me options when deploying the panels.

I'll be down at the storage lot today to pick up the ATV on the ATV trailer. The ATV trailer hasn't left the storage lot in a good three years. With new tires (as of last week) and greased bearings it should be good to go. My hunting partner and I will be heading up into the mountains tomorrow to scout out the area we're going to hunt this fall.
We are in definite agreement on the land search Jim. My trouble is the look she has when she looks at a waterfront view, talks about waterfront property, or thinks of waterfront property. I'm screwed.

Good luck scouting!

The following 4 users liked this post by SavageNFS:
Old 08-01-2022, 10:15 AM
ExxWhy
Logistics Pro
Received 2,167 Likes on 568 Posts
Enjoy the hunt Andre. I suspect you might see better prices in a few months.

A little plumbing work on the outhouse. My first real experience with pex outside a couple minor RV repairs. Pretty easy to work with as long as one buys the right pieces. Got the hot water tank and pump installed, some water lines run, rough layout of the electrical system. Was planning to install the toilet, but alas I failed to buy the right pieces and parts to put the drain together. Maybe the next trip down I might get to use the throne!

We brought our old vanity down that we removed from our bathroom remodel here at home. It was instantly apparent that it does not belong there. Not sure why I didn't realize that before I hauled it down there.

I like having an expansion tank in the system, smooths out the flow. Battery will go on the piece of plywood, short run to disconnect, then a small fuse panel, and the old converter from my trailer. Going to set it up so when I run the generator, just plug it in to charge the battery. It only has to run the pump and an occasional light, so hopefully it will keep the battery topped off adequately.

A friend of mine works at a national sporting goods store and got some posters for me from a display they weren't going to use. As soon as I saw them, I knew they were perfect for the shipping container doors. The colors match nature pretty good, here's a real trail alongside the fake trail.

The following 7 users liked this post by ExxWhy:
Desert Don, Jigger2020, Paw's 150 Lariat, Sailor Roy, SavageNFS, Seabiscuit-P3, Tim Young and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 08-01-2022, 10:37 AM
HRTKD
Boondocker
Received 7,029 Likes on 2,829 Posts
Plumbing looks good Eric. One of these days I should buy a set of Oetiker tools. For now I'm using SharkBite fittings. They're faster and easier to put together, but much more expensive.

I like those posters. They would really mess someone up at night.

The following 3 users liked this post by HRTKD:
Old 08-01-2022, 11:08 AM
Tim Young
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 3,891 Likes on 1,549 Posts
Originally Posted by SavageNFS
We are in definite agreement on the land search Jim. My trouble is the look she has when she looks at a waterfront view, talks about waterfront property, or thinks of waterfront property. I'm screwed.

Good luck scouting!
Nothing wrong with waterfront property, just make sure there is enough room for a shop big enough for all your existing toys and the new boat you're going to need.

The following 5 users liked this post by Tim Young:
Old 08-01-2022, 11:10 AM
SavageNFS
Hotshot
Originally Posted by Tim Young
Nothing wrong with waterfront property, just make sure there is enough room for a shop big enough for all your existing toys and the new boat you're going to need.
We've been searching at a relaxed pace for abut 3 years. We are starting to get a little more diligent, but finding waterfront property with any amount of land is extremely tough to come by in Wisconsin.

The following 2 users liked this post by SavageNFS:
Old 08-01-2022, 12:29 PM
Chad149
Lead Driver
Received 524 Likes on 177 Posts
Nice pics Andre. I'm right there with ya. Been casually looking for empty lots with some elbow room, but slim pickings. More choices to be had if your ok with 5,000+sf of accommodations, but thats a bit more than my budget allows.

The following 4 users liked this post by Chad149:
Old 08-01-2022, 12:31 PM
Chad149
Lead Driver
Steve, nice boat. If you decide on doing the loop we can join ya here and there on your travels around Michigan.

The following 3 users liked this post by Chad149:
Old 08-01-2022, 12:32 PM
Chad149
Lead Driver
Eric, you throwing a " house" warming party at the southern command?

The following 4 users liked this post by Chad149:
Old 08-01-2022, 03:23 PM
my_crib_too
Cargo Master
Received 1,183 Likes on 364 Posts
Originally Posted by SavageNFS

Good luck scouting!
I love the thought of creating a family compound that you, your children, and future grandchildren can enjoy. What a great gift that will be cherished long after you are gone.

Bruce...

The following 4 users liked this post by my_crib_too:
Old 08-01-2022, 04:54 PM
SavageNFS
Hotshot
Originally Posted by my_crib_too
I love the thought of creating a family compound that you, your children, and future grandchildren can enjoy. What a great gift that will be cherished long after you are gone.

Bruce...
BINGO! This is our goal. We never had a place to weekend or vacation to. We would like to build a place for the family to enjoy for generations.

The following 4 users liked this post by SavageNFS:

Quick Reply: This is prolly a 1 page thread at most