6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

This is prolly a 1 page thread at most

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2022, 08:44 AM
HRTKD
Boondocker
Received 7,045 Likes on 2,834 Posts
I'm with Andre and
, I don't like spiders and snakes.

Thanks for the pictures Gerry. It's funny to see a picture of a Model T where "some assembly is required".

The following 3 users liked this post by HRTKD:
Old 07-22-2022, 08:51 AM
Jigger2020
FTE Legend
Received 5,340 Likes on 1,727 Posts
No snakes for me please, I had to skip over those posts
no problem Jim, the sign says ''engines erected'' ..... I thought that was a cool pic as well .........

The following users liked this post:
Old 07-22-2022, 10:36 AM
farmert
Logistics Pro
Received 557 Likes on 267 Posts
Originally Posted by Painted Horse
It's Rodeo week in Utah. Well a lot of the Mountain West I guess. "Days of 47" Rodeo in Salt Lake City, "Pioneer Days" in Ogden "Spanish Fork Extreme Bulls" "Cheyenne Days" In Cheyenne WY starts this weekend. So you got lots of Cowboys ( and their big fancy rigs) passing thru town heading to one or another rodeo. Where ever they think they have the best chance of winning points and money. A lot of these guys kinda hang out in Utah and make quick trip up nearby states to compete for a night and then back to compete here in town. In the current standings for All Around Cowboy, 1st and 3rd are Utah cowboys. But there are cowboys from everywhere own.

We've got our tickets to Pioneer Days Rodeo in Ogden for Saturday night.

I went over to Costco and bought one of those CAT Power Stations. I hope it's got enough juice to jump my truck if my battery doesn't . 1200 Watts. And it doubles with an air compressor, USB charger and 200 watt 120 volt. It's a light day at work with lots of folks taking Friday off for the 24 of July holiday, Others taking Monday off. So I think I'll run by the Ford dealer and talk to them about the battery. I'm thinking more and more that is my electrical gremlin. It's only 19 months old, So it wouldn't be my first consideration, but it was low on water.
Yep, my grandson was at Ogden last night. He didn't do so well as he is battling a pulled groin muscle. Not the thing to have in saddle bronc. He is up tonight in Nampa Idaho, we'll see if he gets on tonight.

The following 3 users liked this post by farmert:
Old 07-22-2022, 03:57 PM
Seabiscuit-P3
Hotshot
Received 4,287 Likes on 1,315 Posts
Originally Posted by Painted Horse

I went over to Costco and bought one of those CAT Power Stations. I hope it's got enough juice to jump my truck if my battery doesn't . 1200 Watts. And it doubles with an air compressor, USB charger and 200 watt 120 volt. It's a light day at work with lots of folks taking Friday off for the 24 of July holiday, Others taking Monday off. So I think I'll run by the Ford dealer and talk to them about the battery. I'm thinking more and more that is my electrical gremlin. It's only 19 months old, So it wouldn't be my first consideration, but it was low on water.
I've used them since Costco started carrying them. Had several of them. It was taking two to jump start my 96 7.3. Right after we got the 2011 F350 6.7 three years ago I had the opportunity to jump start it with the CAT. Seemed to work OK, although I was wondering for a second if it would do it. But, I also found out, when I took it into the Ford Dealership to have Ford check the batteries and give it a once over, that the driver's side battery still had the plastic shipping cap on one terminal, so we had been running it for a couple of weeks on one battery. From the date code, we figure that F350 had been running on one battery for at least 4 years.

We use the CAT for a lot of different things, from recharging lap tops and cell phones to pumping up tires to jump starting the generator. Rarely use them for jumps anymore since we found the alternator problem on the 250 7.3. Use caution when pumping up tires. The compressor may or may not shut off when it heats up. R I currently have two and the one is no good for pumping up tires because it didn't shut off when it got too warm. I was pumping a tire up from 20 psi to 80 psi. The other one I have will usually shut down and cool off after about 50 PSI. I did like the older model that while only 1000, it did have a cigarette lighter plug in on it.

The following 3 users liked this post by Seabiscuit-P3:
Old 07-22-2022, 05:13 PM
BowtieConvert
Lead Driver
Received 2,651 Likes on 850 Posts
Allright Gents. getting ready to GTFOD for the weekend. Sea trial went great. They moved it up to 1 PM this afternoon,which worked out good. Went from the matina north up the ICW to the St Johns River. Hung a right and went out into the Atlantic a mile or so. Ocean was a steady 3', not bad. I kept it about 30 mph and it rode great. No pounding, very stable, solid ride. Nothing rattled. Dry ride too. It's official. We love it.
Got the signage & DOT #'s on the truck this AM too. those turned out really well. Truck's ready to be put to work monday.
Hope everyone has a great weekend. Beer-thirty has been achieved!!

The following 10 users liked this post by BowtieConvert:
Old 07-22-2022, 05:41 PM
helifixer
Lead Driver
Received 3,893 Likes on 1,182 Posts
Sweet Steve

Old 07-22-2022, 05:47 PM
helifixer
Lead Driver
3rd trip today to motor vehicle, school finally got my grades entered without messing up my drivers license number so I could take my hazmat test.
30 questions, 6 minutes 32 seconds 100% score.
road test next week, then I am officially a class A commercial driver with tanker, double, triple, air brake and hazmat endorsements.

The following 6 users liked this post by helifixer:
Desert Don, Jigger2020, Paw's 150 Lariat, Sailor Roy, Seabiscuit-P3, Tim Young and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 07-22-2022, 11:50 PM
Tim Young
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 3,898 Likes on 1,553 Posts
I have a working AC. The unistrut worked just fine, no pictures of that as my hands were kind of busy. I did have the unistrut tied down on both ends so it couldn't twist or slide off. The little hoist only weights in about 25 ponds, the spec sheet for the AC says 136 pounds. So, just over 150 pounds.

I still need to wire in an outlet, I have it plugged in to my welding circuit right now.

The following 9 users liked this post by Tim Young:
Old 07-23-2022, 12:56 AM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 4,177 Likes on 1,656 Posts
Originally Posted by helifixer
3rd trip today to motor vehicle, school finally got my grades entered without messing up my drivers license number so I could take my hazmat test.
30 questions, 6 minutes 32 seconds 100% score.
road test next week, then I am officially a class A commercial driver with tanker, double, triple, air brake and hazmat endorsements.
....But can you drive a prius.......

The following 2 users liked this post by Sailor Roy:
Old 07-23-2022, 09:28 AM
helifixer
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by Sailor_Roy
....But can you drive a prius.......

I would probably make a u turn trying to turn left

The following 4 users liked this post by helifixer:
Old 07-23-2022, 09:30 AM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 4,177 Likes on 1,656 Posts
I see that everyone is snoozing or out and about having fun this morning....

Today is an airshow at the airport...... We can watch it from our deck....
The Thunderbirds are the prime attraction.....

The following 5 users liked this post by Sailor Roy:
Old 07-23-2022, 09:32 AM
helifixer
Lead Driver
#HRTKD Jim, somewhere I think I remember you were talking about replacing your roof to A?C unit. I got an email from lippert today, they have units on sale. if you want to look pm me your email address and I will forward you the add,

The following 2 users liked this post by helifixer:
Old 07-23-2022, 10:01 AM
HRTKD
Boondocker
Originally Posted by helifixer
#HRTKD Jim, somewhere I think I remember you were talking about replacing your roof to A?C unit. I got an email from lippert today, they have units on sale. if you want to look pm me your email address and I will forward you the add,
Thanks for the heads up. I received the same email from Lippert. I had deleted it but went back and looked at it. My air conditioner is a Colman Mach 15. I'm leaning towards sticking with a Coleman replacement. A Youtuber that I follow said that his Coleman unit worked better than the Furrion (which is what Lippert is selling).

I did go to the Lippert website and look at the Furrion air conditioners from the email. I couldn't (easily) find the full specs (amp draw, weight, etc) like I could for the Coleman. The newer Coleman Mach 15 is 5 lbs lighter and uses fewer amps than my current unit.

The following 4 users liked this post by HRTKD:
Old 07-23-2022, 10:39 AM
Seabiscuit-P3
Hotshot
Received 4,287 Likes on 1,315 Posts
Originally Posted by Sailor_Roy
I see that everyone is snoozing or out and about having fun this morning....

Today is an airshow at the airport...... We can watch it from our deck....
The Thunderbirds are the prime attraction.....
Have to check the exact dates, but the T-Birds and others will be at the Airshow in McMinnville in August. The Evergreen Air and Space Musuem that I'm a member of will be sponsoring a watch party all 3 days. They charge $50 (Fri) to $70 (Sat & Sun) for advanced ticket sales to the "Watch Party". Goes up to $100 for day of show tickets. Since we have a "Plus Membership" at the Museum we're getting tickets for free.

The following 5 users liked this post by Seabiscuit-P3:
Old 07-23-2022, 10:51 AM
HRTKD
Boondocker
Due to the cost of Jet Fuel, the show will now be a group of local teenagers running their drones in formation. You have to provide your own sound effects.

The following 6 users liked this post by HRTKD:
2006lariat, Desert Don, helifixer, Paw's 150 Lariat, Seabiscuit-P3, Tim Young and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)

Quick Reply: This is prolly a 1 page thread at most