6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

This is prolly a 1 page thread at most

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2022, 06:22 PM
Painted Horse
Logistics Pro
Received 2,616 Likes on 740 Posts
I had the CDL or what ever they called it back in the early 70's. I let it lapse in 1980 as a poor young married, I didn't see the need to pay extra every year to get a medical so that I could carry a medical card in my wallet. I picked it up again n 2012 when home building was in a recession and I went up to North Dakota to haul oil. Didn't seem all that hard to get a new CDL. Went and picked up a booklet at Drivers License office, Read it and took the test, had to drive a truck for a 8-10 mile loop.

I don't need it now. But I've kept it and payed for the Medical Card every other year just in case. I did last year let the Hazmat and Doubles endorsement drop. Figured the worse case was State of California might pull me over pulling a Big horse trailer, and they wouldn't be looking for Hazmat on horse manure.

So I was stopped at a red light this morning on my way to the school that I'm finishing up. Pop, truck jumps forward. What the heck. I've got my foot thru the floor on the brake, but I still, but I still the truck stopped in front of me, I get out and there is a subaru behind me that had hit me. Gal got out, in medical scrubs and starts crying. Say, "I'm so sorry, I just worked an all night shift and I guess I fell asleep while driving" My 3" hitch went thru her grill, my back bumper looks pretty lumpy. Front bumper is scratched where it hit truck in front of me, But not really dented. I suspect, I'll put two new bumpers on and be whole. Probably cheaper to paint up two new bumpers vs spending a week trying to straighten and bondo my old bumpers. I'll definitely make the case, that it'll be cheaper to buy new bumpers vs pay me to have the truck out of service.
Told the girl, Nobody got hurt, go home and get some sleep and I can get new bumpers.
Funny thing, Both of the other drivers had phone numbers that are not native to Utahs prefix. So I suspect both are new transplates to Utah.

Shortly there after, I got the school opened up and the Kitchen people in the building installing the oven and sinks, As I headed out, I see a cougar across the street in a hay field that got baled last night. Snooping around probably looking for rats that got caught in the hay baler. I'm thinking, Do I tell the principal of this new school that she better not let kinder garten kids out for recess.

My trucks electrical problems keep expanding. My garage door opener stopped responding to the Homelink button. I have to get out of the truck and go inside and push the button. I called the dealer and made another appointment. Told them still no codes. But the truck sent me a list of things to my FordPass. Service Hill Ascent, Service Advance Track, Service Steering, etc. I told service advisor, they need to find the problem, and if the truck has no codes, I'll show them my FordPass. But telling me there are no codes is not a solution.

The following 2 users liked this post by Painted Horse:
Old 07-26-2022, 07:01 PM
Desert Don
Lead Driver
Received 4,731 Likes on 1,676 Posts
Originally Posted by Painted Horse
I had the CDL or what ever they called it back in the early 70's. I let it lapse in 1980 as a poor young married, I didn't see the need to pay extra every year to get a medical so that I could carry a medical card in my wallet. I picked it up again n 2012 when home building was in a recession and I went up to North Dakota to haul oil. Didn't seem all that hard to get a new CDL. Went and picked up a booklet at Drivers License office, Read it and took the test, had to drive a truck for a 8-10 mile loop.

I don't need it now. But I've kept it and payed for the Medical Card every other year just in case. I did last year let the Hazmat and Doubles endorsement drop. Figured the worse case was State of California might pull me over pulling a Big horse trailer, and they wouldn't be looking for Hazmat on horse manure.

So I was stopped at a red light this morning on my way to the school that I'm finishing up. Pop, truck jumps forward. What the heck. I've got my foot thru the floor on the brake, but I still, but I still the truck stopped in front of me, I get out and there is a subaru behind me that had hit me. Gal got out, in medical scrubs and starts crying. Say, "I'm so sorry, I just worked an all night shift and I guess I fell asleep while driving" My 3" hitch went thru her grill, my back bumper looks pretty lumpy. Front bumper is scratched where it hit truck in front of me, But not really dented. I suspect, I'll put two new bumpers on and be whole. Probably cheaper to paint up two new bumpers vs spending a week trying to straighten and bondo my old bumpers. I'll definitely make the case, that it'll be cheaper to buy new bumpers vs pay me to have the truck out of service.
Told the girl, Nobody got hurt, go home and get some sleep and I can get new bumpers.
Funny thing, Both of the other drivers had phone numbers that are not native to Utahs prefix. So I suspect both are new transplates to Utah.

Shortly there after, I got the school opened up and the Kitchen people in the building installing the oven and sinks, As I headed out, I see a cougar across the street in a hay field that got baled last night. Snooping around probably looking for rats that got caught in the hay baler. I'm thinking, Do I tell the principal of this new school that she better not let kinder garten kids out for recess.

My trucks electrical problems keep expanding. My garage door opener stopped responding to the Homelink button. I have to get out of the truck and go inside and push the button. I called the dealer and made another appointment. Told them still no codes. But the truck sent me a list of things to my FordPass. Service Hill Ascent, Service Advance Track, Service Steering, etc. I told service advisor, they need to find the problem, and if the truck has no codes, I'll show them my FordPass. But telling me there are no codes is not a solution.
I definitely would not want to put any money on that!!
Sux about getting rear ended. Also sux can’t find your problem.

The following users liked this post:
Old 07-26-2022, 11:17 PM
HRTKD
Boondocker
Received 6,948 Likes on 2,811 Posts
Pictures from my camping trip to Glendo Reservoir in Wyoming a week ago.

This is how I fish. When the shade went away, I stopped fishing. It was too dang hot to be out there without shade. I wasn't trying to hide from the game warden, but he did come to check my license.

Mom said he had to take a bath. Dad said he could go fishing. Why not both?

Home Sweet Home

I try to get a little evening fishing in and everybody has to come help.

The following 10 users liked this post by HRTKD:
2006lariat, BowtieConvert, Chad149, Desert Don, djousma, ExxWhy, Jigger2020, my_crib_too, Sailor Roy, Tim Young and 5 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 07-27-2022, 06:32 AM
SavageNFS
Hotshot
Received 7,470 Likes on 2,304 Posts
Good morning guys!

Jon, man that stinks that you need a new bumper! You are a good guy for helping her out. Cougar that close to a school is dangerous. Hopefully they move on soon and leave those kids be. The electrical issues with your truck are so frustrating to hear (read). I hope the Ford garage can find some resolution for you.

Bruce, it was a no go last night. I got home and wifey had dinner ready. TACOS! We both ate too many. No room for ice cream. We'll try again tonight!

Jim, you have been holding out on us! Great pics! Your fishing looks similar to mine. A couple of things that differ: you appear to know what you are doing. I also don't see a beer, so that's different as well. It looks like a good time was had by all! Thanks for sharing!

Linda's Aunt Mary Lou passed away Sunday evening so camping may or may not happen. We are waiting to hear about the funeral arrangements. We thought we would have heard something yesterday, but still nothing. If we can still go camping this weekend, we are out of here at noon on Friday. If the funeral encroaches camping, we will camp another time. Her Aunt Mary Lou was a wonderful Lady in every sense of the word. Truly the most selfless person I've ever had the opportunity to get to know. You are in our thoughts and prayers Mary Lou!

The following 7 users liked this post by SavageNFS:
2006lariat, BowtieConvert, Desert Don, Jigger2020, my_crib_too, Sailor Roy, Tim Young and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 07-27-2022, 06:32 AM
ExxWhy
Logistics Pro
Received 2,160 Likes on 567 Posts
Mornin' all!

The following 9 users liked this post by ExxWhy:
2006lariat, BowtieConvert, Chad149, Desert Don, HRTKD, my_crib_too, Sailor Roy, SavageNFS, Tim Young and 4 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 07-27-2022, 08:39 AM
HRTKD
Boondocker
Received 6,948 Likes on 2,811 Posts
Originally Posted by SavageNFS
Jim, you have been holding out on us! Great pics! Your fishing looks similar to mine. A couple of things that differ: you appear to know what you are doing. I also don't see a beer, so that's different as well. It looks like a good time was had by all! Thanks for sharing!
I have to give credit to my wife for all the pictures. I'm just not into alcohol that much. I don't find beer refreshing. When I go fishing with my friends, I'm the designated driver.

The following 4 users liked this post by HRTKD:
Old 07-27-2022, 09:35 AM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 4,100 Likes on 1,631 Posts
FedEx Christmas happened.........
The Alum X-Channels showed up. These will be glued down to the roof of the Montana and the solar panels bolted to them.....
Wall thickness is 5mm. 40mm X 80mm

The following 6 users liked this post by Sailor Roy:
2006lariat, BowtieConvert, Desert Don, ExxWhy, Jigger2020, Tim Young and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 07-27-2022, 10:01 AM
Tim Young
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 3,796 Likes on 1,509 Posts
Good morning crew,

Jon, Sorry to hear you got rear ended and damaged both bumpers. Sounds like it could have been worse for the gal that ran into you, well actually for all three involved.

The following 2 users liked this post by Tim Young:
Old 07-27-2022, 11:06 AM
BowtieConvert
Lead Driver
Received 2,629 Likes on 847 Posts
* Good morning, Gents. Happy Hump Day!! .haven't had a lot of time to get caught up, but what I did was good! We've had a guy from the Mothership down here since Monday PM. He's our credit dude. We've been going over our A/R & he's making calls & sending letters. Good for him. These guys need reminding sometimes for sure. Took the new Ram on a delivery yesterday. 24'trailer, medium load. 4700# trailer & probably 5k # load. It pulls great. A little leisurely getting up to speed, comparable to de-tuned PSD in the 550, but has plenty of ****.
* Colo Jim, nice pics. Nice looking camping spot. Did I hear " Designated Driver?" We could use your services over here! For us beer is SOP while fishing (among other activities, such as existing.) Sometimes we don't even bother to do the fishing thing.
* Roy, those aluminum extrusions look expensive! We buy aluminum H-Beam post inserts, P-Channel rail inserts, Rectangle rail inserts, & Square picket inserts for the PVC fencing. Prices have gone up substantially in the last couple of years. That's a complex looking piece so I'm sure it was pricey.
* Andre, sorry for the passing of Linda's aunt. That's sad news for sure. hopefully it will work out so you guys can go camping.
* Ok, may as well cease and desist from this process. Too many interruptions. Hope everyone has a great day!

The following 2 users liked this post by BowtieConvert:
Old 07-27-2022, 01:50 PM
helifixer
Lead Driver
Received 3,827 Likes on 1,169 Posts
Andre, my condolences to you and Linda.

The following 2 users liked this post by helifixer:
Old 07-27-2022, 08:20 PM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 4,100 Likes on 1,631 Posts
Alum X-Channels......

T-Slotted Components Overview (automationdirect.com)

40mm X 80mm
My total bill was over $500.... Less than $600.

The following 2 users liked this post by Sailor Roy:
Old 07-27-2022, 09:55 PM
ExxWhy
Logistics Pro
Received 2,160 Likes on 567 Posts
Small tractor vs tree stump, round 2.

Took 3 evenings of digging, but victory was finally won! The tractor did not even think about picking up the stump, so must be over 1500 lbs. Been dead at least 5 years, seems like the roots didn't get the message! This is the area of the eventual home of the sawmill.

The following 7 users liked this post by ExxWhy:
2006lariat, Desert Don, Jigger2020, my_crib_too, Sailor Roy, SavageNFS, Tim Young and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 07-28-2022, 06:31 AM
SavageNFS
Hotshot
Received 7,470 Likes on 2,304 Posts
Good morning guys! Happy Thursday to all!

Finished the weBoost in the camper last night. I tested the cell signal before and the RSRP was -116 before and -88 after. That's a pretty good improvement at our house where reception is terrible. We can utilize wifi calling at home so it's never really an issue, but I do have a weBoost for the home from about 10 years ago. It still works, but apparently technology has improved in the last decade. When I tested the home system the RSRP went from -117 to -96. Still a noticeable improvement, generally anything under 100 is decent for calling and no issues.

We still have not heard any arrangements from the family regarding when the funeral is going to be held. We are assuming that it will not be tomorrow, so we are planning on camping this weekend! I'm excited to get back out there and do some riding

Well done Eric!
Eric 1
Stump 0

The following 4 users liked this post by SavageNFS:
Old 07-28-2022, 08:34 AM
2006lariat
Lead Driver
Received 228 Likes on 62 Posts
Good Morning 1pagers. 6268pages later.

The following 4 users liked this post by 2006lariat:
Old 07-28-2022, 08:54 AM
Desert Don